+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 34 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Paula Abdul - Judge

Quote Originally Posted by MamaC;2203523;
    http://www.people.com/people/article...008437,00.html

The video is here. How anyone can say she was just "tired" is beyond me!
    I watched that video earlier today and she really appeared to be drunk or on something.
    To me her slurring was worse than usual and she seemed to completely lose her train of thought from time to time..... she was almost moving around like Michael J Fox at times.

I know she has said that she has a disease but the last time I saw her talk about it she said she now has the proper medication and it's under control and the thing was during that interview she was really quite composed and not sketchy at all.
    This new interview is the total opposite... slurring...... can't seem to concentrate... wiggling around.

I really hope she is okay... but maybe American Idol and all the pressure is too much for her and Simon would be doing her a favour by getting rid of her.

It's sad to see someone acting so strange and doing it in front of the world.

Singer Paula Abdul cancels interviews after video

"American Idol" judge Paula Abdul canceled media interviews on Friday as an online video emerged of the television star slurring and gesticulating her way through a TV interview a day earlier.

Some viewers of the footage posted suggested she should head into rehab because it appeared she had been drinking.

But Abdul's spokesman, Jeff Ballard, denied that was under the influence of alcohol or on some kind of medication and said the U.S. performer never drank.

Ballard said the interview was one of the last in a string of question-and-answer sessions she had done over two hours on Thursday ahead of a new season of "American Idol," debuting next week on the Fox network.

"She was exhausted. This was at the end of three days of press (interviews and appearances), and she has had cameras following her around for a reality TV show too," said Ballard, referring to a new documentary series about the star's life.

"She was sitting in a room with just a camera and a mic on, and the controllers dropped the sound twice, which is why she rolled her eyes."

Ballard said Abdul, 44, had canceled all media interviews on Friday because she had a sore throat after sitting in the chilly studio on Thursday.

"She never drinks. I have known Paula Abdul since she was 13, and I have never seen her drink ever in my life. ... And no, she is not on any kind of medication," he said. "She was a little tired."

Abdul, a former Los Angeles Lakers cheerleader who gained fame in the late 1980s as a pop singer with such hits as "Straight Up," has been known for emotional displays on "American Idol."

In a 2005 People magazine interview, she denied having a drug problem, saying, "I'm not addicted to pills of any kind."

She went on to explain that she suffers from a neurological disorder that causes chronic pain and requires a weekly injection of an anti-inflammatory drug.
    Link

I just watched it and really don't see what the big hullabaloo is about. I think the "slurring" is the old problem with controlling S's a lot of people on air have to contend with (what's it called, a "syllabant S"?). The article said the controller people dropped the mike twice and she was responding to that. Other than that, I think she was just trying to come across as enthusiastic after a long couple of days. Walk a mile in her shoes, people.
    Count your blessings!

Okay. Maybe she wasn't slurring. But she had a weird look in her eyes, a manic manner, and seemingly was having a different conversation from her end than the news anchors were having from theirs. Could some of this be explained by fatigue and bad equipment? Sure. But its a lot to believe both of those things at once, especially when you add in her past history of behavior.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

She wasn't just slurring, she was blabbering like an idiot. She was clearly either drunk or high. It wasn't about exhaustion or any of that. And this is really sad because I used to have so much admiration and respect for her. Most of the interview, I couldn't even really understand what she was saying.
    Hurley: (holding up a Jesus statue) I don't know. I thought there might be a prowler or something.
    Mrs. Reyes: (grabbing the statue) Jesus Christ is not a weapon! - LOST "There's No Place Like Home Pt. 1

Okay what is wrong with her? She is clearly not in half her senses. I have never seen her quite like that before. Also I noticed she was extremely fidgety...moving her head back and forth and just not sitting still. Oh Paula

As long as she can still do the seal clap, she'll be OK.

I watched the video and didn't think it was too bad. She sounded like she had a cold, she was on a swiveling chair, and she looked tired. I think it's all being blown way out of proportion.
    One of these days I'll stop being sensitive. Until then, I'll continue to be devastated on a daily basis. Life breaks my heart.

I just watched it and frankly, I think her behaviour was absolutely dreadful. I agree that she's clearly under the influence of some kind of substance. AI is marketed as a family show, and Paula's causing scandal yet again.

Nobody's that tired, and if it's possible for exhaustion to make you act like a drunken idiot in a TV interview, then give her a break and replace her for the season.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

FORT Fogey
    Paula's behavior from the last season was disheartening. The lost credibility for me because of her looniness. It is incredibly disrespectful of the contestants and the general public.

+ Reply to Thread