+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 34 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Paula Abdul - Judge

Quote Originally Posted by burntbrat View Post
    I love Paula. She's a bit crazy, but maybe that's just the excitement.

She choreographed the wonderful tribal dance scene in "Coming to America" and for that I will always be grateful.
    I didn't know that! I loved that scene. Kudos to Paula.
    Well I was born in a small town
    And I can breathe in a small town
    Gonna die in this small town
    And that's prob'ly where they'll bury me

There is no doubt that woman has always had talent.....can't deny that at all....she can dance and choreograph up a storm....voice is not bad either....but she is more known for her dancing and choreographing...

I,too have good memories of the days she was popular!

i love paula even notice how much is her talent is going up

In my own little world where all things are Idol......
    Paula will serve as executive producer on Bratz: The Movie, a live-action feature slated for August release, and play a "major character."

Read more here
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

Quote Originally Posted by bbnbama;1922162;

Paula looked beautiful on result show finale night....
    I agree, she looks exquisite in this gown!

I love Paula, her talent and her kindness, but her behavior has been going steadily downhill on Idol the past couple seasons....rambling and slurring her words. I often wonder WHY her family and friends aren't stepping in to help her.......Or, don't the doctors who medicate her hear all the media about her behavior and rethink refilling her meds....

I'm not trying to be cruel, for I had a close relative that became addicted to prescribed medication, and, believe me, it was terrible......

My father, who has always be "macho" when it came to health concerns is on pain meds now for his back, and he HATES it....they do make you incorherent and moody....he has even hallucinated taking them. Unfortunately, he is waiting for surgery (thanks HMO), and his condition is unbearable without them, so he has no choice at the moment.

Paula, on the other hand.....I know she had a back injury awhile back (her words on Larry King), but they don't keep you on meds the rest of your life for heavens sake....Well, certainly not the dose she appears to be taking.

I feel sorry for her.....

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,243446,00.html

Paula Abdul Interview Raises Eyebrows

Friday , January 12, 2007

By Catherine Donaldson-Evans

NEW YORK — A video of an interview with Paula Abdul appears to show the "American Idol" judge slurring her words and rocking back and forth in her seat, but her publicist says any oddities in the tape were due to technical difficulties.

The video clip, which has wound up on the file-sharing Web site {FORT parser won't allow name of the site}, is of a morning-show interview Abdul did Thursday via satellite from New York with the local FOX affiliate in Seattle.

The very upbeat Abdul seems to be slurring her words during much of the segment, and at times she is moving around so much in her chair that she almost swivels right out of the shot.

Click here to watch the {FORT parser won't allow name of the site} video of the interview.

Her publicist, Jeff Ballard, told FOXNews.com that the buzz surrounding the clip, which is titled "Paula Abdul — What is she smokin'???" on YouTube, is "much ado about nothing."

"It was a technical problem," he said. "They dropped the sound not once but twice. She's in a little room by herself and could hear people shouting in her mike. She did 20 of those interviews without incident. It was simply a matter of Seattle screwing up."

He denied that Abdul's speech was impaired during the interview.

"She was not slurring her words," said Ballard.

"American Idol," which premieres Tuesday night on FOX, has distanced itself from the incident. A spokeswoman for the popular singing-competition reality show referred all inquiries about Abdul's behavior in the interview to Ballard.

In other "Idol" news, when asked about Bob Dylan's wish to join him as a judge on the series, Simon Cowell told British paper The Guardian, "Bob Dylan bores me to tears.

"I don't believe the Bob Dylans of this world would make 'American Idol' a better show," he told the newspaper.
    I've seen the clip and the excuses they are making don't wash. She's definitely on something in it. If she did 20 interviews this was obviously the ONE she did AFTER dosing.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

In my own little world where all things are Idol......
    Krom, I have seen that particular video and I couldn't find a link to the actual TV station that had the interview with Paula so I couldn't figure out a way to post it on here but I'm glad you posted that news article!

I have to agree with you that Paula was smoking something , drinking something or all of the above!!!
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

Paula is like clockwork with these incidents. This one is overdue, I guess. Maybe this will tide her over for a while and keep her on course during the actual live season.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

Simon also said in that interview that Kelly is like a young Aretha Franklin. Puhleez!

I wonder what Paula is taking for her back. If motrin can't help my back pain, I just grin and bear it. Buck up Paula!

http://www.people.com/people/article...008437,00.html

The video is here. How anyone can say she was just "tired" is beyond me!

+ Reply to Thread