+ Reply to Thread
Page 33 of 34 FirstFirst ... 232425262728293031323334 LastLast

Thread: Paula Abdul - Judge

FORT Fogey

Re: Paula Abdul - Judge

Is this the sound of the other shoe dropping????

From PopCrunch:
    Paula Abdul has allegedly inked a $4.5 million contract to bring her loopy commentary to the judges panel on an American version of Simon’s hit UK talent show, The X Factor.

A FOX tipster revealed to The National Enquirer’s Mike Walker: “Simon flew Paula to London and wined and dined her relentlessly over the course of several days, even introducing her to everyone who works on X Factor. But what really clinched the deal was Simon’s pledge that she wouldn’t have to deal with all the nonsense and infighting that she hated on Idol.”
    Buddy TV elaborates:
    Simon and Paula, together again? Exactly.

Well, they're just rumors, but the reports say she inked a $4.5 million contract with the show to become the second judge on the show. That would be weird, though--didn't she leave American Idol because they wouldn't give her the paycheck she demands, which is at $10 million a year?

Then again, the American X Factor--which will reportedly premiere on our screens in 2011--is a new show, so small digits for start-ups make absolute sense. And then there's Simon's apparent promise to Paula during negotiations. A network insider told the National Enquirer that he promised her that "she wouldn't have to deal with all the nonsense and infighting that she hated on Idol."
    OK. The source is anonymous via FOX to the National Enquirer, so I place this firmly in the rumor department. BUT, it's intriguing, no? Simon promised Paula his support during contract negotiations last summer. Then he was reported to be signed, but she left. Now it appears that Simon wasn't signed - or maybe signed by FOX, but not necessarily for three more years of Idol. And Simon may be making good on his pledge to stand by her by bringing her over to the new show.

FORT Fogey

Curious as to what "infighting" there was on Idol.....at least prior to Kara arriving and I thought she came as the beginning of the end for Paula. They would not have introduced her if all was well with Paula. Call it what you want but I thought Simon made Paula look like the fool for SEVERAL years. They may have been kidding around, but Simon always seemed to make Paula look bad...never the opposite.

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by ibot2much;3789638;
    Call it what you want but I thought Simon made Paula look like the fool for SEVERAL years.
    He didn't need much help as she did that herself effortlessly.

Quote Originally Posted by ibot2much;3789638;
    Curious as to what "infighting" there was on Idol.....at least prior to Kara arriving and I thought she came as the beginning of the end for Paula. They would not have introduced her if all was well with Paula. Call it what you want but I thought Simon made Paula look like the fool for SEVERAL years. They may have been kidding around, but Simon always seemed to make Paula look bad...never the opposite.
    A large part of the infighting came between Simon & Paula when they were discussing which color mustache he would draw on her face next, & during which competitors song they would act the fools.

FORT Fogey

that was exactly the thing that popped into my mind....the drawing of the mustache on her face...she allowed it but he did it. Knowing the issues she was facing as far as being looked at as being a little "off", he should not have contributed to her reputation.

not a star, not an elf StarryElf's Avatar

The thing that springs to mind for me about infighting is maybe it has to do with the addition of Kara as a fourth judge and the time limits that were placed on the judges for their commentaries because they were running overtime, having four judges talking instead of three. Also, Simon Cowell could have caused some friction because he isn't quite as in charge on AI as he is of X-Factor. Paula wouldn't have to be exposed to that if she was on Simon Cowell's X-Factor, since Simon runs the whole thing, instead of having possible conflicts with Simon Fuller and the others involved in American Idol.

All just thoughts though, I have no inside knowledge, just guessing.

FORT Fogey

This is so exciting to me! The team is getting back together... the only thing is Ryan! I will miss him! I will watch AI for as long as it airs but I am excited for X-factor. I know Simon is playing a rotten trick on us all BUT that's okay!

FORT Fogey

Looks like Paula Abdul is coming back to TV. No, not on X-Factor; and she's not coming back to Idol, either. According to James Hibbard's column in the Hollywood Reporter, CBS is going to announce today that they are giving Paula her own show, Got To Dance.

Paula Abdul returning to primetime on CBS

Paula Abdul is returning to the judges table as part of a new primetime talent competition series on CBS.

Abdul will serve as the lead judge, executive producer, creative partner, mentor and coach on “Got to Dance,” a series from Shine/Reveille that’s based on a UK hit.

The competition show is billed as broadcast’s first all-ages all-genres dance series — “from ballroom to break dance, bhangra to ballet, and tap to tango.” A wide variety of acts will compete for a panel of judges, with viewers getting to vote for their favorites during the semifinals and finals.

CBS is expected to announce that Abdul is joining the series on Monday.

FORT Fogey

Official announcement of Paula's show is now on her new website.

FORT Fogey

As a rabid SYTYCD fan, I'll be passing on this one. I was wondering where Paula was going to turn up - glad it's not on something I'm interested in seeing.

+ Reply to Thread