+ Reply to Thread
Page 32 of 34 FirstFirst ... 22232425262728293031323334 LastLast

Thread: Paula Abdul - Judge

FORT Fanatic

Re: Paula Abdul - Judge

Paula Abdul To Host 'VH1 Divas' - News - Yahoo! TV

Paula Abdul To Host 'VH1 Divas'
    Tue Aug 25, 9:14 AM PDT

Paula Abdul might not be on "American Idol" any longer, but the singer is still surrounding herself with some of music's best singers - and they're all divas!

"Hi guys! im really excited 2 announce ill b hosting this year's "Vh1 Divas"! The show will be live on Sept 17th @ 9 pm EST," Paula wrote on her Twitter page Monday night.

And this year's lineup includes a slew of hot artists - including two past "American Idol" champs.

"This year's VH1 Divas show will honor Adele, Kelly Clarkson, Jordin Sparks, Leona Lewis and Miley Cyrus- I am so excited!!" Paula continued in her Tweet.

For the first time ever, these leading ladies will perform together live at the Brooklyn Academy of Music Howard Gilman Opera House in Brooklyn, New York. Continuing in true "Divas" tradition, the evening will feature a night of performances, presenters and special guests. Additional performers and presenters will be announced in the coming weeks.

Fans can go to Divas.VH1.com to submit a "Diva Stories" text or video testimonial that tells the world how their favorite divas have influenced their lives.

And while Paula's "Divas" hosting duties will be her first project she has signed on for since leaving "American Idol," it will not be her next appearance on the small screen. Paula will appear next on another diva-licous project - Lifetime's "Drop Dead Diva." The singer shot one episode of the series prior to leaving the hit FOX reality show and the second two days after she announced her departure.

Paula's first episode of "Drop Dead Diva" airs on September 13, and then four days later she will host "Divas." Her next appearance on the Lifetime dramedy will be on October 11.
    okay. but really they should change it to VH1's Divas In Training instead.

its something but nothing much to brag about considering the lineup and the title. actually she could be the biggest diva that night and not sing.
    not my frickin fault. fine, my fault, i always get blamed anyways.

FORT Fan

Well Miley proved her divahood by threatening to ruin radiohead for not meeting with her.

I hope that whatever Paula does, she will be happy and successful

Quote Originally Posted by razorbacker;3652782;
    While I don't care about DWTS, I never watch the show, I'd just like to say that there may be no more annoying person on the face of the earth than that Carrie Inaba person. Anything, anything at all, that could be done to exit her from the limelight would be okie dokey with me.
    I gotta disagree, Razorbacker. I'd take Carrie Ann Inaba over Mary Murphy any day...

Paula Abdul Says Leaving Idol Wasn’t About Money
    August 31, 2009

In one of her first interviews since announcing her departure from American Idol, Paula Abdul reveals why she left her post on the judges’ panel — and wasn’t just about money.

“I had to stand on my principle,” Abdul, 47, tells TV Guide. “I’m going to miss the experience of watching young talent evolve into a place where they get to take off and soar.”

The former Idol judge, who calls the show an “amazing experience,” says her decision wasn’t solely about a paycheck dispute. “I stand on principle where many people stand on money,” she says. “I’m a hard-working artist. I’ve lasted in this business for 23 years. And you can’t do that unless you are good at what you do.”

That success seems to have given Abdul a confidence that will last in her post-Idol career. “I believe in myself and you have to have your own self respect,” Abdul says. “And sometimes decisions are very difficult to make, but I’ve always believed that at the core I’m a survivor. There’s not one thing I’ve done that I’ve really set my mind to that I’ve failed at.”
    So what’s next? “I definitely want to do a talk show because it would be different,” she says. “It would be a lot of fun variety with a ton of unexpected stuff and tributes to everyday people getting their big chance.”

Abdul, who’s been busy shooting a guest role on Lifetime’s comedy Drop Dead Diva, says just because she’s no longer sitting beside Simon Cowell, Kara DioGuardi and Randy Jackson doesn’t mean she will not tune in to TV’s top talent search. “I had some really unforgettable moments that hit plateaus for me and I’m very blessed to have been a part of what made television history,” she says.

And finally, Abdul expressed gratitude to her fans. “The fans all should know I adore, love, appreciate and respect how much they’ve expressed their outpouring of love and support for me,” Abdul says. “That’s what keeps me going in lots of ways.”
    Link

Quote Originally Posted by lobeck;3685819;
    I gotta disagree, Razorbacker. I'd take Carrie Ann Inaba over Mary Murphy any day...
    Maybe I got the two confused. Which one is it that screams all the time?

Quote Originally Posted by razorbacker;3686253;
    Maybe I got the two confused. Which one is it that screams all the time?
    Mary Murphy on SYTYCD, Fox 11 (California).

You call that MUSIC!!?? Ellender's Avatar

Well, I think Kara DioGuardi is a poor replacement for Paula. As ditzy as Paula was, she was at least entertaining. Kara's critiques make no more sense to me than Paula's and she's dull, IMO.

As for Paula being a contestant on DWTS, how could that be? Hello! She's a professional dancer and choreographer.
    Now if she were on as a judge, that might be cool. I have more respect for her expertise in dance than in music. Or I could see Paula as one of the professional dance partners on the show. But I'm not sure she'd be up to the job, as I don't think ballroom was ever her specialty, and she's also a bit past "prime time" for a dancer.

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Ellender;3686618;
    Well, I think Kara DioGuardi is a poor replacement for Paula.
    Paula's permanent replacement hasn't been announced yet. Kara's still 1 out of 4.

Some of you may not have known this, so here ya go! This comes from a daily history of the radio countdown American Top 40. By this time Casey Kasem had moved on & Shadoe Stevens was the host.

Twenty years ago today (September 2, 1989), "Cold Hearted" by Paula Abdul became the new #1 single in the United States. Despite staying at #1 for this one week, the song became the #6 song for all of 1989.

Then-host Shadoe Stevens climaxed this song's rise to the top with three key chart feats. Paula Abdul became the first solo woman to take her first three Top 40 hits to #1, the first solo woman to get three #1's in a calendar year and the third solo woman to get three #1's from an album. The first two were Whitney Houston and Madonna.

+ Reply to Thread