+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 34 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Paula Abdul - Judge

Originally posted by shersidhe
    this morning, dallas radio station (www.kdge.com) had paula abdul on again. she was her normal, drugged out sounding self as she had been last week. anyway, if you haven't heard, frenchie will be hosting some segment of the grammy's. when frenchie was asked in an interview, why she deserved to be hosting the grammys, she said, "well paula abdul hosts ET, and what has she done to deserve it?"

Good response.

"That's Numberwang!"

That Crazy Red-Head! CopperPenny's Avatar
    Paula was my first Idol...and my first concert!

Actually, about the whole Paula missing the Atlanta auditions thing...A girl I befriended in line to audition, who by the way is training with Usher's vocal coach, actually made it to the third round. She didn't make it to Hollywood, but you won't see her on TV, of course, because she did good and American Idol doesn't want you to know Simon said she had "a great voice" and then didn't accept her. Anyways...all of the contestants were also informed that Paula had a gig in Jamaica, doing some prior commitment to a film shoot. Could've been a cover up, I suppose.
    "The world is a stage, and sometimes people fall off."

In my own little world where all things are Idol......

Paula looked beautiful on result show finale night....
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

FORT Fogey
    Paula seems to be a drugged out wierdo quite often these days, but she is as accomplished in her professional career as Simon and Randy are. She deserved her spot as AI judge assuming the bar is set as high as Simon and Randy.

I liked Frenchie, and despite Paula's fall from grace, I am disappointed she said what she did about Paula. It was a stupid and/or ill-informed remark.

Unfortunately, Paula's bahavior the last two seasons is sad, disappointing, and disrespectful to everyone involved.

FORT Fan
    I have a lot of sympathy for Paula. Maybe its because I grew up in the 80's and remembered all of her old songs. "Rush, Rush", "Forever Your Girl" and that music video with the Animated cat. Paula still brings back some good memories for me and for that alone I am very forgiving when it comes to her.

Besides, early this season, I notice Paula did give some useful critiques to Idol Applicants during the Audition stage.

P.S was that really Kaenu Reeves in the music video of "Rush Rush"?

In my own little world where all things are Idol......
    Quote Originally Posted by felix View Post
    I have a lot of sympathy for Paula. Maybe its because I grew up in the 80's and remembered all of her old songs. "Rush, Rush", "Forever Your Girl" and that music video with the Animated cat. Paula still brings back some good memories for me and for that alone I am very forgiving when it comes to her.

Besides, early this season, I notice Paula did give some useful critiques to Idol Applicants during the Audition stage.

P.S was that really Kaenu Reeves in the music video of "Rush Rush"?
    Yep, it was.

I was also a 80's girl and loved Paula back then...thought she was gorgeous and talented...I'm still a big fan of hers but I do occasionally joke at my house about her "smoking crack" when she makes those off the wall statements that she sometimes does!
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

I love Paula. She's a bit crazy, but maybe that's just the excitement.

She choreographed the wonderful tribal dance scene in "Coming to America" and for that I will always be grateful.

And here I always thought that was Debbie Allen. Well, if it was Paula then kudos to her. I love that whole scene.

+ Reply to Thread