+ Reply to Thread
Page 26 of 34 FirstFirst ... 16171819202122232425262728293031323334 LastLast

Thread: Paula Abdul - Judge

Re: Paula Abdul - Judge

Quote Originally Posted by Jexter;3425761;
    Unless she really needs a break in her life, where would she go after idol???
    I'm a Celebrity... Get Me Out of Here! - NBC Site

That was like asking for it.
    No..., I like Paula.

Without Paula there is no A.I. And if Kara replaces her it will be a train wreck.
    Put me in a special school, 'Cause I am such a fool.
    'Troublemaker' from the band Weezer

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by astrotronix;3426859;
    Without Paula there is no A.I. And if Kara replaces her it will be a train wreck.
    I agree that it would be the end of Idol as we know it. But I think that could be a good thing. Idol is getting kind of stale. Nothing would change the show more effectively than bringing in a new slate of judges.

Also, people like Adam are smart enough to know how to strategize their way though the season, based on what has worked in the past. But that's only because the judges have stayed the same. Bring in a new group and it's a brand new game.

The fact is, we don't know what would happen if this crew were replaced. We only know it would be different. Could be good different or bad different. It's the chance you take. But the alternative is to embalm it, and watch it slowly sink into irrelevancy.

Just my .02

FORT Fogey

OK - here's a shocker - Paula Abdul admits to being addicted to drugs. This is the OPPOSITE of what she told ABC News last month. The New York Post has the story.

Since she's preparing to return to the music scene, the timing seemed right to bare her soul over the drug habit that she's recently kicked.

For the first time, Abdul reveals how hard it was for her to detox from a 12-year-long painkiller addiction.

"I could have killed myself," she tells this month's issue of Ladies' Home Journal.

The withdrawal was "the worst thing. I was freezing cold, then sweating hot, then chattering and in so much pain. It was excruciating. But at my very core, I did not like existing the way I had been."

Although Abdul claims that she never filmed an episode of "Idol" while under the influence -- and vehemently denied any illegal drug use in the past -- she did spend at least part of the last decade relying on painkillers and Chinese medicine to quietly combat her injury-induced chronic debilitating pain, she says.
    Well, good for her. She's had better comments this year and she got up and choreographed a great number for the kids and she's got an album coming out. Keep it up, is what I say.

It's not a shocker for me.

And I think, putting Kara on Idol, has raised Paula's approval rate.
    She is very confident and high spirited on the show.
    She must have had a lot of positive feedback in the recent past.

It's about time that Paula Abdul admitted what everyone has known for years. I have heard her flat out deny that she has ever been drunk but has she flat out denied that she didn't take prescription drugs? I think I remember her denying having a problem but admitting to taking them...It was so obvious on her show "Hey, Paula". Maybe now she can find a partner to settle down with. I wish her all the best but I wish she would leave Idol already!

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

So, no talk of Paula's performance last night???

My opinion: song should have been called "Time Machine". I transported me back to the early 80's.
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

Yeah, "Dance Like There's No Tomorrow" was old fashioned too.
    She should go to London and find a producer for current dance music.

Oh well, doesn't change my positive opinion of Paula.

Is Paula in constant pain? The way she danced last night made me think while it's bad, it's not as bad as we all think. Hope so for Paula.

signed, sealed, delivered maude~flanders's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TopCatDC;3435794;
    OK - here's a shocker - Paula Abdul admits to being addicted to drugs. This is the OPPOSITE of what she told ABC News last month. The New York Post has the story.

Well, good for her. She's had better comments this year and she got up and choreographed a great number for the kids and she's got an album coming out. Keep it up, is what I say.
    Good for Paula, she has been through a lot. I have a chronic pain condition that calls for me to take a lot of prescription pain killers each day and I can sympathize with what she been through. Her story is very inspirational to me. I think it is great that she is tellling the truth about it because it will help others to know about her journey.
    As for this year, she has seemed really clear-headed and I hope she stays on now. Kara is not even close to having what Paula has! The dynamics of Paula, Simon, and Randy are what make the show, and I hope it goes back to that next year.

+ Reply to Thread