+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: 5/25 Song Selections **Spoilers**

5/25 Song Selections **Spoilers**

http://et.tv.yahoo.com/tv/2004/05/25...ormancefinale/

This article on the ET website gives us 2 song selections for each contestant. The 3rd for each remains a mystery. Please post if you find out their 3rd selection! Thanks

'American Idol' Action Straight From The Set'

May 25, 2004
    It's showdown time on "American Idol 3" tonight and FANTASIA BARRINO and DIANA DeGARMO need to pull out all the stops. After all, there can be only one "American Idol."

In honor of the occasion, voters will have a greater opportunity to dial in for their favorite, as both contestants will be allocated additional phone numbers in a voting window that expands to four hours, instead of the usual two.

But first, our MARY HART and "Idol" judge and special correspondent PAULA ABDUL host ET from the "Idol" stage at the Kodak Theatre in Hollywood again tonight, where they are joined by first season "Idol" contender TAMYRA GRAY, who drops by to chat about her new CD, The Dreamer, in stores on Tuesday, May 25.

Tamyra plans to be front and center tonight and tomorrow night as both Fantasia and Diana sing "I Believe," a song that she wrote, and then the new American Idol will sing it once again on Wednesday.

"I have no idea what I am going to feel at the moment," Tamyra tells ET. "I have never written a song for somebody else, or had somebody else sing my song, so I am very excited. I will probably start to cry. I have heard the mixes they have both done and it just sounds beautiful, both of them. They both have their own different style of singing the song."

In addition, executive producer NIGEL LYTHGOE tells ET that Fantasia will reprise her version of "Summertime," while Diana has chosen to repeat "Don't Cry Out Loud," and each will do a third song, as yet to be decided.

Mary also goes one-on-one with Paula, SIMON COWELL and RANDY JACKSON to get their takes on the last two nights of the competition, and whether or not they think America will get it right.

For her part, Tamyra is conflicted. "I love Fantasia," she admits. "I absolutely adore her. Everything about her is really great, but I am also pulling for Diana because she is from Georgia. So I am stuck in between."

In addition to Tamyra, former "Idol" contenders CLAY AIKEN, KIMBERLY CALDWELL, and CHRISTINA CHRISTIAN will join JENNIFER LOVE HEWITT in hosting various live events around the country that will be featured during the finale broadcast on Wednesday.

Also on Wednesday this season's "Idol" contenders will perform their favorite songs live during a free concert in the Babylon Court at the Hollywood & Highland complex adjacent to the Kodak Theatre.

For more "Idol" chatter, keep watching ET. Then tune in tonight for the final performance show for "American Idol."

Thanks Bobo! Oh...I love Fantasia's Summertime!

You're Very Welcome! I love "Summertime" too (I think that is a favorite of all of her fans) I'm in the process of finding out the phone numbers for tonight's (Voting). Our local radio station is waiting to hear from our Fox affiliate and as soon as I know something I will post it. Stay tuned.

BoBoFan you are the best! I know Fantasia is going to do well tonight. I'll keep my eyes and ears open for any song spoilers...

Katharine McPhee fan Akuma24601's Avatar
    It's one thing to have both of them singing the same song for one of their three songs, but to have another one of those songs consist of an earlier song performance on the finale?
    This sounds duller than last year.
    At least in having them both sing "I Believe," it should be interesting to hear their unique interpretations of it.
    03/28/06: The Day That AD Died "TV is not as good as it used to be." - Maeby Funke

dvm
    Get off the hate train.
    Quote Originally Posted by Akuma24601
    It's one thing to have both of them singing the same song for one of their three songs, but to have another one of those songs consist of an earlier song performance on the finale?
    This sounds duller than last year.
    At least in having them both sing "I Believe," it should be interesting to hear their unique interpretations of it.

Thanks for sharing BoBo!!! But having them sing the same song PLUS previously performed songs is lame.

You read my mind akuma. I wish they would have sung new songs instead of the ones they've done before. Leave those songs to the specials :phhht I want new songs from both Diana and Fantasia during the finals!

You know I really don't want fantasia to win. If she does they are going to market her as a "pop" idol. That just isn't her. She will have maybe a year of fame and noone will remember her anymore. The producers and record company will kill her career. If she doesn't win she can choose what she wants to sing/ style etc.. and I think we will be able to see the real Fantasia and not the marketed version of her.

FORT Fogey
    I love Fantasia but Summertime wasn't my favorite. I think I liked her singing "you were always on my mind" the best because it was simple and beautiful.

dvm
    Get off the hate train.
    I'm sorry, but I am really apprehensive about Tamyra Gray's song. I feel a train wreck coming on!! The two songs she performed last week were wretched. She's a great performer, and I give her credit for trying, but come on...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast