+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: 5/25 Song Selections **Spoilers**

Foster Your Inner Kacey BobDobolina's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BoBoFan
    In addition to Tamyra, former "Idol" contenders CLAY AIKEN, KIMBERLY CALDWELL, and CHRISTINA CHRISTIAN will join JENNIFER LOVE HEWITT in hosting various live events around the country that will be featured during the finale broadcast on Wednesday.
    I've been wondering for the last 3 years when Jennifer Love Hewitt would finally get involved with American Idol. The two go together like peanut butter and chocolate. :rolleyes

But seriously, I'm hoping that the above information is slightly incorrect and that they're reprising old songs for Wednesday show, not Tuesdays. As far as I can remember, they've never done repeat performances on a "competition" episode before. That just doesn't make any sense.

As far as I can remember, they've never done repeat performances on a "competition" episode before. That just doesn't make any sense.
    What do they usually do besides the single release song? I can't remember them singing any other songs....Can anyone else recall what else they sing besides the new song?

Quote Originally Posted by DJeterFan
    What do they usually do besides the single release song? I can't remember them singing any other songs....Can anyone else recall what else they sing besides the new song?
    For Weds. Night I'm thinking that (maybe) Diana & Fantasia will do a duet together , but I know for sure that all 12 finalists will be on stage for a huge medley of songs (a sneak peek of what we can expect on the tour.) Also I can tell you that yesterday when our local reporter did an interview with Fantasia that she was wearing "60's Go-Go" attire"
    Maybe Fantasia & Diana are gonna sing a "60's song" (What about something like "These Boots Are Made For Walkin'?) As far as what the 12 as a whole will do (maybe the 60's theme is with that.) That's all I know, but you can at least expect something "60's with a "Go-Go" type theme somewhere either tonight or tomorrow- most likely tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by derbygirl5
    You know I really don't want fantasia to win. If she does they are going to market her as a "pop" idol. That just isn't her. She will have maybe a year of fame and noone will remember her anymore. The producers and record company will kill her career. If she doesn't win she can choose what she wants to sing/ style etc.. and I think we will be able to see the real Fantasia and not the marketed version of her.
    Not Really, Ruben won and they don't market him as a pop idol, they call him a smooth soul singer, a R & B singer and stuff like that. They have never called him a pop star and they will never call Tasia a pop star, so go Fantasia
    I'll get you my pretty, and your little dog too...

I agree DezBelle.

I think it would be foolish of them to try and push Tasia to go pop.
    That's just not her style.
    A quieter career in the short term can and often does translate to a longer, more successful long term career.
    We may not see Tasia on our screens every week or at every state fair up and down the country, but if TPTB nurture her talent and her style, they could ultimately find themselves with more longer term profits as their artists is not a flash in the pan.
    "That's Numberwang!"

Quote Originally Posted by BoBoFan
    For Weds. Night I'm thinking that (maybe) Diana & Fantasia will do a duet together , but I know for sure that all 12 finalists will be on stage for a huge medley of songs (a sneak peek of what we can expect on the tour.)

The two finalists did a duet on the finale show last season, so I imagine Tasia and Diana will this year.
    I actually think it'll be very interesting to hear what they sound like together.
    "That's Numberwang!"

Quote Originally Posted by thablaquekatt

Im glad someone beat me to it!! Lol. Man, I wasnt too impressed with the songs she sang. So, I dont know how impressed I am with the thought of them performing a song, she wrote.

But I hope all goes well. I love to see Fantasia perform Summertime. Tonight, maybe shell get to perform in as slow as it should be sang and have her way with it.

I absolutly love both "Star" and "Raindrops will fall", and I think "I Beleive" will be a top 10 song wetaher Fantasia or Diana release it, but I'm hoping for Fantasia.
    I'll get you my pretty, and your little dog too...

Foster Your Inner Kacey BobDobolina's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DJeterFan
    AI1: Justin sang "Before Your Love", "Get Here", and finishing with a "A Moment Like This". Kelly started with "A Moment Like This", followed by "Respect", and finishing with "Before Your Love." That castrated British guy also sang.

AI2: Ruben sang a "House is not a Home", "Imagine", and "Flying without Wings." Clay sang "This is the Night", "Here, There and Everywhere" and "Bridge Over Troubled Waters." All of the songs had not been sung before, and two were originals.

Any duets, IIRC, were on the Wednesday shows. So, it sounds like they're going with the AI1 format by having both people sing the same original song. I suppose that's easier to pull off this year than it would have been last year.

As for repeats, I guess you could say Kelly's "Respect" was a repeat performance, but she never did it in the top 10 or with background music.

Don't Leave Me This Way! LendMe50Cent's Avatar
    For me, this going back to old performances is not a good idea because it seems as if they are reaching for "past success". I mean, I love Fantasia and Diana, and I want them to do their best, but with another song.

Tamyra's performance of Star was not good at all. It was way too corny for me, as was Raindrops Will Fall (I did like the performance of it though) I don't remember Tamyra being so off pitch and flat in AI1. What has happened to her?

Quote Originally Posted by DezBelle
    Not Really, Ruben won and they don't market him as a pop idol, they call him a smooth soul singer, a R & B singer and stuff like that. They have never called him a pop star and they will never call Tasia a pop star, so go Fantasia

Yes but also Rueben doesnt have this awesome career going either. Not as much as he should have winning american idol. Clay has a much bigger following as well as more success. JMHO

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast