+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: 5/25 Song Selections **Spoilers**

I keep losing my keys!!!! royalcloudjumpe's Avatar
    Me too kickstand. obviously, lol
    happy voting tonight
    Alanis Morissette - So-Called Chaos GO BUY YOURS NOW!!
    Mrs. Dalloway said she'd buy the flowers herself today.
    Diana DeGarmo, she almost had it all

Quote Originally Posted by kickstand
    The only one being marketed is Fantasia, unfairly, for weeks now. If Diana wins even after the judges shameless plugging for Fantasia it will be a real victory.
    Can you please tell me how Fantasia has been marketed more than Diana?

She's the judges pick, but she earned that. If the media is picking up the Fantasia-fest it's because there are more people talking about her than DIana. How is this unfair?

I think they both made great choices in Sumertime and Don't Cry Out Loud.
    I think they were landmark performances for both of the ladies.

I don't really have a favourite this season. I did like George and Toya, but wasn't really that bothered when they were voted out.

I don't really understand comments people make about the judges pushing Fantasia.
    For every vote their negative comments earns her I'm sure there is another one going to her competitor.
    The negative comments the judges made to Jasmine at the final four stage (which were warranted by her poor performance imo) only served to rally her fans.

The judges can just as easily turn people against their supposed favoured performer as we have seen over and over again during the past two seasons with the comments people make here.
    "That's Numberwang!"

Quote Originally Posted by fluff
    I think they both made great choices in Sumertime and Don't Cry Out Loud.
    I think they were landmark performances for both of the ladies.
    I hope Tasia can find that "place" she was at when she sang it the first time. Her second performance of hte song fell a little short for me. I hope that Diana actually "reads" the lyrics and learns what the song is about. If she can get to the emotion of the song, she will definitely have a leg up on Tasia since we already know that Tasia can "bring it" to every performance.

If Diana wins even after the judges shameless plugging for Fantasia it will be a real victory.
    Shameless plugging? Um...THAT'S THEIR JOB! They're JUDGES last time I checked. Their opinion is that Fantasia deserves to win. Lucky for you, they don't pick the winner. If you want Diana to win, vote for her. But don't say it's a conspiracy and stuff because that's silly.

I keep losing my keys!!!! royalcloudjumpe's Avatar
    I really thought Diana emoted "Don't Cry Out Loud"

Especially the part where she sang i know alot about her and baby is an awful lots like me...don't cry out loud

I find that "Don't Cry Out Loud" really fits how Diana may feel and has been taught how to act. Just some thoughts
    Alanis Morissette - So-Called Chaos GO BUY YOURS NOW!!
    Mrs. Dalloway said she'd buy the flowers herself today.
    Diana DeGarmo, she almost had it all

Why do they have to sing a song they already did! I don't even think these two were their best! This is the thrid time Fantasia will be doing 'Summertime'. :deadhorse She better not lie on the floor

Quote Originally Posted by DJeterFan
    Shameless plugging? Um...THAT'S THEIR JOB! They're JUDGES last time I checked. Their opinion is that Fantasia deserves to win. Lucky for you, they don't pick the winner. If you want Diana to win, vote for her. But don't say it's a conspiracy and stuff because that's silly.
    I agree.
    No one ever said the judges were going to be impartial.
    The public has the final say and as I said in my earlier post, I think being the one perceived as the judges favourite has it's drawbacks.
    "That's Numberwang!"

Similar Thoughts!!!

Quote Originally Posted by dvm
    I'm sorry, but I am really apprehensive about Tamyra Gray's song. I feel a train wreck coming on!! The two songs she performed last week were wretched. She's a great performer, and I give her credit for trying, but come on...

Im glad someone beat me to it!! Lol. Man, I wasnt too impressed with the songs she sang. So, I dont know how impressed I am with the thought of them performing a song, she wrote.

But I hope all goes well. I love to see Fantasia perform Summertime. Tonight, maybe shell get to perform in as slow as it should be sang and have her way with it.

I agree.
    No one ever said the judges were going to be impartial.
    Exactly. Judges are not supposed to be impartial. They are supposed to judge and give their opinion one way or another. That's their job.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast