+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: 5/25 Song Selections **Spoilers**

Katharine McPhee fan Akuma24601's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by derbygirl5
    You know I really don't want fantasia to win. If she does they are going to market her as a "pop" idol.
    Although I'm rooting for Diana, I wouldn't be surprised if Fantasia wins.
    No matter who wins, it sounds like they both have plans to make albums. There's people that would be interested in producing for Fantasia, and Diana would still work on making her album.

I have a "conspiracy theory" that I had posted, but then I read a post saying they don't want comparisons between seasons of AI so I took it out of this post.
    Last edited by Akuma24601; 05-25-2004 at 12:08 PM.
    03/28/06: The Day That AD Died "TV is not as good as it used to be." - Maeby Funke

FORT Regular
    If Tasia wins, that means Innate Talent and Star Shine will have Triumphed Over Sacchrine Image Marketing and Common Denominator Blandness.

Quote Originally Posted by derbygirl5
    You know I really don't want fantasia to win. If she does they are going to market her as a "pop" idol. That just isn't her. She will have maybe a year of fame and noone will remember her anymore. The producers and record company will kill her career. If she doesn't win she can choose what she wants to sing/ style etc.. and I think we will be able to see the real Fantasia and not the marketed version of her.
    I strongly disagree. They didn't make Ruben out to be a pop star. There is no way they could have made him fit that mold. They will shine Tasia in the best light because it's all about the almighty dollar!

Go Tasia!!!

jmb
    FORT Fogey Word Builder Champion jmb's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dvm
    Thanks for sharing BoBo!!! But having them sing the same song PLUS previously performed songs is lame.

Ditto

I sure hope the 3rd song that they choose is a good rocking tune or this may turn into a deja vu snooze fest.

Quote Originally Posted by funnygirl422
    I strongly disagree. They didn't make Ruben out to be a pop star. There is no way they could have made him fit that mold. They will shine Tasia in the best light because it's all about the almighty dollar!

Go Tasia!!!
    True. Clive would let Fantasia be herself. He let Alicia Keys be herself, and she's sold multiplatinum albums. He recognizes that Americans want originality and he'd let Fantasia do her thing. Look at Clay. It's a pop album, but a pop album that when you put it on, you know is Clay's.
    "The difference between reality and fiction? Fiction has to make sense."
    Good luck to the Good Guys on the Inferno!

xSKATExORxCRYx
    While I love Summertime, I have to agree with most people on this board.

Not only has Fantasia sung it in a previous episode, but she's actually already sang it TWICE this season. Once, for movie night, and again during a Monday night 'Top 5' special.

So...I hope third time's a charm. But I also hope she makes it a little newer and fresher.

Not that Diana's song is any better -- She just sung it a week ago.

Yeah, it's not really interesting to hear the same songs again. I wonder why they permit that? Do they not want to spend the time coaching the contestants on new songs again?

If Tasia wins, that means Innate Talent and Star Shine will have Triumphed Over Sacchrine Image Marketing and Common Denominator Blandness.
    Exactly.

I have to say, though, I am one of the few who didn't like Summertime. That song does absolutely nothing for me and I don't think she sounds that great singing it. Oh, well. Sounds like it'll be a pretty boring show anyways.

Remember there is still a 3rd song for each to perform that is remaining a mystery. Maybe they will be the "Showstoppers", so don't jump ship yet!

Quote Originally Posted by readingrhondakw
    Whomever wins, it will be because more people who liked them actually got their votes logged in. I like Diana better, so I am hoping that her "bland" little behind takes it all.

The only one being marketed is Fantasia, unfairly, for weeks now. If Diana wins even after the judges shameless plugging for Fantasia it will be a real victory.
    Last edited by Lolls; 05-25-2004 at 03:27 PM.
    fka kickstand

Can Ya Dig It?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast