+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Mary Hart's On The American Idol Stage

Mary Hart's On The American Idol Stage

http://et.tv.yahoo.com/tv/2004/05/24...idol_maryhart/

Mary Hart's on the 'American Idol' Stage

May 24, 2004
    The countdown continues for FANTASIA BARRINO and DIANA DeGARMO with just a few days left to go until the next American Idol will be crowned. The ultimate vote will be read when the series finale airs Wednesday, May 26, with a two-hour special broadcast from 8-10 p.m. on FOX.

But first, our MARY HART and "Idol" judge and special correspondent PAULA ABDUL host ET from the "Idol" stage tonight, and take viewers behind the scenes for a look at the goody bag the winner gets, in addition to the $1 million recording contract.

Joining Mary and Paula in the Backstage Creations Gift Room will be rejected "American Idol" contestant WILLIAM HUNG, who rose to fame with his oh-so-bad "Idol" audition of RICKY MARTIN's "She Bangs," and went on to win a recording contract.

One of the coolest prizes to be awarded is a Stratus credit card. It is by invitation only and cardholders redeem their bonus points for flights on private jets, dinner in the Louvre Museum basement and other unattainable fun things reserved for the rich and famous. The grand prize winner will also be gifted with a Delphi XM Radio, a JORGE del BUSTO fine art lithograph, Fendi Eyewear, Minnetonka Moccasins, Smiles on Rodeo (a laser, teeth-whitening certificate) and a gift bag stuffed full of beauty products, plus fun items such as a Red Wing Boot certificate, Select Comfort travel pillows, Penny & Mer jewelry, Martakco handbags and facial certificates from the Skinklinic™ in NY.

First season "Idol" contender TAMYRA GRAY also drops by to chat with Mary about her new CD, The Dreamer, in stores on Tuesday, May 25.

In response to criticism of the voting procedure, fans of Fantasia and Diana will have a greater opportunity to cast their votes this week, as both contestants will be allocated additional phone numbers in a voting window that expands to four hours.

"We had already planned on expanding the voting window for the finale, just as we did last year," states executive producer CECILE FROT-COUTAZ of FremantleMedia. "With the volume of calls this season already exceeding last year's finale, we also felt it was important to give fans additional phone numbers in an attempt to reduce congestion at local exchanges."

For more "Idol" chatter, keep watching ET. Then tune in Tuesday night for the final performance show for "American Idol."

You Ought To See Her Fly Paradigm's Avatar
    Thanks for the info BOBO Fan.
    Win or Lose: Diana Degarmo is my American Idol!

You're Very Welcome!

Thank you Bobofan! I love the goodie bag!

Quote Originally Posted by WomynLee
    Thank you Bobofan! I love the goodie bag!
    You're Very Welcome! Yeah the "Goodie Bag" is really cool

+ Reply to Thread