+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Voting System For Tuesday's Show

FORT Fanatic

New Voting System For Tuesday's Show

Note: The link is only attached since that seems to be the policy here when posting articles from other sites.

If John or Lobeck want to remove it, feel free to do so.

http://www.tvfrenzy.com/news/1085295102.html

It had already been reported that American Idol's voting for the Tuesday night finale will be extended from the usual two hours to four hours to allow more fans to vote for their favorite. However, FOX and FreemantleMedia have confirmed to sources that another change is in store for Tuesday's show.

"We had already planned on expanding the voting window for the finale, just as we did last year. With the volume of calls this season already exceeding last year's finale, we also felt it was important to give fans additional phone numbers in an attempt to reduce congestion at local exchanges," stated executive producer Cecile Frot-Coutaz of FremantleMedia.

Thus, it seems that each contestant will get multiple numbers for the show, a suggestion that many have been making all season (if twelve lines are available for the first finals week, why should the finale be limited to two lines?).

American Idol's two-night season finale airs on 5/25 and 5/26.

Does this mean Diana would have 1866-IDOLS-01, 1866-IDOLS-02, 1866-IDOLS-03, etc. and Fantasia would have 1866-IDOLS-06, 1866-IDOLS-07, 1866-IDOLS-08, etc?

I know they were trying to open up more phone lines, but not have more phone numbers.

I personally think this is a crazy idea.

FORT Fanatic
    Quote Originally Posted by AIWANNABE
    Does this mean Diana would have 1866-IDOLS-01, 1866-IDOLS-02, 1866-IDOLS-03, etc. and Fantasia would have 1866-IDOLS-06, 1866-IDOLS-07, 1866-IDOLS-08, etc?

I know they were trying to open up more phone lines, but not have more phone numbers.

Not sure how the numbers would work, but both FOX & FreeMantle Media have announced this, as you read in the quote.

The only possibility is if the executive at FreeMantle was talking about "lines" and not numbers, but then why should she specifically say "additional phone numbers." Usually things straight from the source tend to be reliable.

Wow that could be very confusing.I guess it also helps prevent an ending like last years finale with the whole controversy.
    Congrats To Fantasia!The New American Idol!

Quote Originally Posted by kit_kat90
    Wow that could be very confusing.I guess it also helps prevent an ending like last years finale with the whole controversy.
    Wouldn't that be a relief? It would certainly help the fans believe their votes count when they are actually able to get through!

It would make more sense to have one phone number, with a menu directing you to vote for either contestant #1 or contestant #2 (or multiple phone numbers with the same menu).

Yep, me too. I have a feeling whatever the outcome, there will be people whining that they got confused and accidentally voted 7,000 times for the wrong contestant.

FORT Fogey

I actually like this idea. If people pay attention, it should work just fine.

I enjoy FORTplay JayPea Patches's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Thonolan
    I actually like this idea. If people pay attention, it should work just fine.
    In theory, yes. But in reality (TV), anything will happen.

My good ol' friend Murphy promised me that long ago.
    "An apple a day may keep the doctor at bay" ... but on top of that, an Apple™ consumer won't get any viruses either!!!

That is exactly what I was wondering and since I was unsure I took the 02 phone number off my signiture. It would be nice to know what the phone numbers will be. We'll know all in good time I suppose.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast