+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: top 11-last year

I certainly don't think Ryan and Gary were the best of that competition. Not by a long shot.

What is unfortunate is that the people on the bubble seem to get pushed through week after week. I didn't vote for Toya the week she was booted because I didn't think I needed to. I figured everyone else would vote for her and it wouldn't matter if I voted for her. That's exactly why I think certain people this year in AI got early boots. If you think your favourite is in trouble, you're more apt to vote. Ergo, Gary.
    If you go through a lot of hammers each month, I don't think it necessarily means you're a hard worker.
    It may just mean that you have a lot to learn about proper hammer maintenance.

I'm one of those who detested Jenny Gear and felt she was vastly overrated. I was particularly POed at Farley saying that people that don't like her singing "don't get her" (hey, big guy here's a news flash for you: Some people do indeed "get" her, but still don't *like* her - can you deal with that?) :phhht

I felt Toya sang that pants off of everyone else.
    Karen-Lee should have stayed much longer than she should have.
    and Ryan makes an excruciatingly mediocre Canadian Idol IMO

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by getreal
    Since we're reminiscing about last season's CI, you can
    refresh your memories about who was who by clicking this link.

Those were awesome, getreal!

Quote Originally Posted by Lotuslander
    I liked Jenny Gear and her weird spacy loopiness, and her refusal to be anything other than herself. I don't think she had the best voice, but she had the best style, and delivery.
    "And I told Bill, if they move my desk again I'm going to quit. 'Cause my desk used to be near the window and I could see the squirrels and they were married..." - Milton, 'Office Space'

may
    FORT Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by fluff
    I agree re Ryan.
    I thought, actually still think, he's dismal.
    I agree with you, Fluff. Ryan, Billy, Jenny Gear were all overated. Ryan was just ordinary, that's why he did not score very well in World Idol. Canadian Idol last year on the whole was very disappointing.

I have high hopes for this season
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

I have to say Audrey Demontigny and Jenny Gear.

Of course I pulled for Audrey because she had (and stille has) a lot of talent and because she's from the province of Quebec like me. I found her very perseverant because she didn't speak english yet you couldn't really tell when she was singing.

I liked everything about Jenny. She had her won unique style, she had the personality and the public on her side. It's a shame she wasn't in the final three.

Billy, Jenny and Ryan with Billy winning. I actually like Ryan's singing. It is very basic vocals but he has a way of just nailing every song he does. It may be "boring" to some but it is rare to find someone that can sing that consistently well, recorded or live but what the hell did he do to his hair???? That is just so wrong. Billy is my 2nd all-time favorite Idol, only behind Clay and he is my favorite CI. His versions of Levon and Superstar were unreal! I want to hear so much more from him. I liked him from day one. I have a feeling though that I may have a new favorite after this year. What a great group they have and they still have to get from 32 to 10. I think they will have such a hard time getting it down to 10 that they will have to go with more, like last year.
    Be good to yourself. There are a lot of people out there that won't be.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456