+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: top 11-last year

I really thought we were setting up for a Jenny/Billy finale. Oh well.
    Now THAT would've been a true Canadian Idol finale.

My dream top 4 that year would be:

Toya
    Audrey
    Billy
    Ryan
    My Top 4: Take out Audrey and Ryan, and replace them with Jenny and Tyler. Four completely different styles of singing. It would've been interesting to hear what Jenny, Tyler and Toya would've sung on Love Songs night. Jenny would've done a classic jazz standard followed by a Canadian folk song. Toya would've belted out Aretha and would proceed to bring down the house with a gospel tune. Tyler would make us forget My Girl by singing straight country (Cash, Nelson). Audrey, Gary and Ryan were pretty dull towards the later rounds.
    Audrey was very good, but too young to compete. The age on these Idol competitions should be raised to at least 18, preferably 20.
    She turned 19 during the show. I liked Audrey a lot. But I agree, a little more experience would've helped her. The song choices were awful. She shouldn't have dared touch Dreamlover or anything Mariah Carey. Understated is her style, not full-out belting. Mercy, Mercy Me came out of nowhere. Who the hell told her she should sing Whitney in the top 4? Toya had some explaining to do.
    Last edited by happyblue; 06-05-2004 at 01:47 AM.

I keep losing my keys!!!! royalcloudjumpe's Avatar
    Quote:
    I really thought we were setting up for a Jenny/Billy finale. Oh well.

Now THAT would've been a true Canadian Idol finale.
    It sooo would have been. That is what I was rooting for all last season. Mind you all my votes went to Jenny, but when she was voted off they moved to Billy.

Can't wait for their CDs to come out....Jenny's set to be released on Aug. 3/04 and Billy's is rumored to be out this summer too!!!
    Alanis Morissette - So-Called Chaos GO BUY YOURS NOW!!
    Mrs. Dalloway said she'd buy the flowers herself today.
    Diana DeGarmo, she almost had it all

I liked Jenny Gear and her weird spacy loopiness, and her refusal to be anything other than herself. I don't think she had the best voice, but she had the best style, and delivery. Ryan didn't do anything for me, and Billy I found annoying. I think Audrey would have had the best commercial success, and was surprised when she didn't get to at least no. 2.

I keep losing my keys!!!! royalcloudjumpe's Avatar
    I agree Lotus....Ryan does absolutely nothing for me. I thought Audrey would at least make it past Gary. I was so surprised he made it to the final two. It was not earned in my opinion.

As for Jenny....I think that she did have a powerful voice it's just wasn't comparable to someone like Toya's. If that makes any sense?

I was actually kind of glad when Toya was voted off, she always came across as somewhat arrogant to me.
    Alanis Morissette - So-Called Chaos GO BUY YOURS NOW!!
    Mrs. Dalloway said she'd buy the flowers herself today.
    Diana DeGarmo, she almost had it all

Tomorrow morning.... realtvrocks's Avatar
    There is a girl named T.J. going to Toronto. Does anyone know if this is the same T.J. from Winnipeg that was on Popstars? From her pic she looks similar.

Her pic is listed under Top 155 Western Canada - Part 3
    Last edited by realtvrocks; 06-06-2004 at 01:59 PM.

I remember T.J from Popstars, I'd have to see her pic to see if it's the same one.

Tomorrow morning.... realtvrocks's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lotuslander
    I remember T.J from Popstars, I'd have to see her pic to see if it's the same one.
    I'm pretty sure it's her. Once you click on the following link she is under Western Canada - Part 3 and then #19. Here's the link:

http://www.ctv.ca/servlet/ArticleNew...0698_81591242/

It's a weird pop up box so I didn't know how to copy a direct link. Sorry.

What do you think? Think it's her? If it is her I might indirectly know her.

Since we're reminiscing about last season's CI, you can
    refresh your memories about who was who by clicking this link.

Without a doubt, BILLY!!!!!!

When I hear him singing Levon on the radio, I absolutely blast it. It's not often that the contestants on this show give me that feeling in my gut when they sing, but Billy does. And it helps that we're from the same city!
    Darn Kangaroos!! I am le tired.

I hated Billy when he sang Superstar (cuz I loathe and despise that song and anyone who sings it I automatically hate). However, I do think that Billy's version of Levon was the highlight for me of the entire CI1 season. I didn't want him to win though. I never really liked or disliked Ryan. He gave decent performances week in and week out but nothing he did really sparked any real interest in me. I really liked Audrey initially but once she got before the live audiences she bored me to tears. The only night she really shined in my eyes was her last night on the show. I thought it was a real crime that she was sent packing that night. Gary was a real enigma as some of his performances were absolutely dreadful, but then he'd come out and sing Angel and he'd really make me want to like him. Tyler was a decent singer and had a lot more charisma as a performer than Ryan did. His version of My Girl wasn't great but it didn't deserve to be his swan song either. I never saw much in Richie or Candida and Mikey grated on me so badly. Jenny was someone I didn't care for at first, but after watching her week in and week out and transforming herself from the frump to the swan, I really got into her voice and her music. I was sorry to see her go too.

My 2 favourites on the show were Karen Lee Batten and Toya Alexis. I was shocked when Karen Lee was off on week 1. Toya lasted a bit longer. After she left I really didn't care anymore who won, though I continued to watch.

I would have liked to see a Toya/Karen Lee finale but that was never meant to be. The Ryan/Gary finale held no interest for me at all.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast