+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: top 11-last year

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by Miss Filangi
    I thought Ryan was average. He never had a breakout night. In fact, I think a big reason he won was because people voted against Gary. That's the biggest reason I voted for Ryan. Gary was horrible on his best nights.

What other choice did we have? Ryan is technically good, but boring. Gary as Canadian Idol would have been an embarassment.

The final 2 was just HORRIBLE. I thought we had a promising season with Toya, Karen, Audrey and Jenny. Unfortunately, that was not the case.
    -phusion :phhht

Ryan does a damn fine Billy Joel imitation :rolleyes but other than that...blah. As for Gary, his family were obviously excellent speed-dialers. Stay home in Nova Scotia and keep singing in your church choir, Gary...

Audrey was very good, but too young to compete. The age on these Idol competitions should be raised to at least 18, preferably 20. It's too much, too fast for these high-school kids. Had she been 5 years older she would have been the winner, no question.

ETA: Audrey wasn't my favourite, I'm not a fan of the diva-types. I freely admit the Celines of this world can sing, but it's not my taste. However...these Idol competitions aren't really for the Jennys and Billys, but for the Audreys and Toyas.
    Last edited by AJane; 05-28-2004 at 01:44 PM.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

Quote Originally Posted by Julie
    Karen Lee Batten was absolutely robbed in the competition.

Besides Karen, Billy was my favourite. I loved Ryan too.
    Don't know if she was "absolutely robbed", but she sure deserved to stay there longer than she did - she had a lovely voice (memo to brass - please please please fix the voting system this year so the western singers and voters aren't disadvantaged. Make it fair for everyone)

I thought Ryan was great, Billy grew on me and I really quite liked him by the end, Audrey was a great singer and to accomplish what she did in an English language competition was a great credit to her.

And I'm still amazed by how adamant and vocal the Toya fans are - they are as loud as she was and just not pleasant to listen to. Obviously (and thank goodness), more people than not agree with me and she was outta there early. Just being able to hit power notes doesn't make you a good singer - nuance and melody make a song much more enjoyable to listen to.

I wanted to see Billy in the finale but o well..

Well between Billy, Gary & Ryan. I, too wanted to see Billy in the final. Gary & Ryan was to me the worst possible final 2 ever.
    -phusion :phhht

I loved Billy ...... and his brother too
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

Reality Fanatic
    I didn't really have a fave last season, I'll admit, I joined late I did like Billy though. One thing I DO know, I greatly disliked Gary Beals, so ANYone over him was okay to me. He's from around here, but he couldn't sing to save his life I'm embarrassed he WAS from around HERE

My dream top 4 that year would be:

Toya
    Audrey
    Billy
    Ryan

Norelle//TrueBeauty Shandilized's Avatar
    Audrey and Candida!
    ::CYCLE4::
    [Tatiana][Rebecca][Naima][Kahlen][Christina]

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast