+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: American Idol 3 to American Teen

American Idol 3 to American Teen

I hope this can stay in this forum cause I want people to see this... Okay Obviously America loves young people... Obviously not too young ((the American Juniors)) But since the majority of the votes on AI is going to younger kids ((Fantasia-19, Diana-16, Jas-17, Cam.- 18)) Why shouldn't they have an American Teen obviously on AI3 it has proved america loves that age range... Maybe starting at 13-17 just so that on AI there isn't anyone younger than 18.
    -:|:-Has Anyone Ever Noticed That Ryan Is Like Umm... Hott? -:|:-
    FaNtAsIa... oH fOuR IdOl!
    |**M**| (**U**) /**A**\ |**H**|

I don't think anyone on AI should be under 18, personally, and I don't want to see anyone younger at all. I don't think they're emotionally mature enough to handle the pressure and criticism of the North American stage.

Quote Originally Posted by John
    I don't think anyone on AI should be under 18, personally, and I don't want to see anyone younger at all. I don't think they're emotionally mature enough to handle the pressure and criticism of the North American stage.

If they're talented at 16 they'll be even more so when they're 18, 19 or 20. Plus be out of school so no need for tutors, or parental chaperones, or parents to sign the contracts for them for that matter. It just sounds like a better idea all the way around to me.
    History will have to record that the greatest tragedy of this period of social transition was not the strident clamor of the bad people, but the appalling silence of the good people. Martin Luther King, Jr.

I think Diana has handled the pressure just fine. John Stevens was fine. Jasmine cracked on Disco night but I don't think the argument that noone under 18 can handle the pressure holds up. I personally think the 16 limit is fine although I wouldn't really care either way if it was raised to 18.

IMO, it would be a better competition, just because I get tired of hearing about the age issue week after week, and whenever Ryan interviews Diana and Jasmine, he asks them about how tough it is and if they have more pressure, and whatnot. If they're good at 16, I agree that they'll only be that much better at 18, so I would just prefer that they raise the age minimum to 18 and be done with it.

I agree that John handled the pressure well, but even some of his most ardent fans here were calling for him to go at the end mainly citing the criticism he had faced at such a young age as the reason.

I agree with John, I would like to see the lower age limit raised.

I watched juniors last season and found the show pretty entertaining over all, they were a talented bunch of kids.
    Watching some of their faces dissolve into tears on the finale when they were told they hadn't won the final spot was heartbreaking.
    "That's Numberwang!"

I don't think anyone under the age of 18 should be in this compitition. For one thing they havet to go to school and do everything else in the house with triple the pressure, the parrents in the house kind of sucks also. But I really don't consider Fantasia a teen even though she is 19. She is just way more mature. If Fantasia and LaToya and Amy sat down and had a conversation they can pretty much relate to anything that came up, no atter what topic. but put Diana in that conversation and she said (in her perky voice) Hey girls lets talk about boys). Five minutes into the conversation she would be running out the room with her hands over her ears. I kinda think Camile can hang with them though.
    I'll get you my pretty, and your little dog too...

Well I think instead of doing American Juniors ((which i doubt they will again due to the low ratings and there's no album out yet! lol)) this season has proven that a lot of America likes the younger people so sometime in the summer they should do a Teen Idol or American Teen
    -:|:-Has Anyone Ever Noticed That Ryan Is Like Umm... Hott? -:|:-
    FaNtAsIa... oH fOuR IdOl!
    |**M**| (**U**) /**A**\ |**H**|

FORT Fanatic
    Quote Originally Posted by TaLiE
    Well I think instead of doing American Juniors ((which i doubt they will again due to the low ratings and there's no album out yet! lol)) this season has proven that a lot of America likes the younger people so sometime in the summer they should do a Teen Idol or American Teen
    I thought the American Juniors handled the nationwide vote/process just fine, and since American Idol jumps to the age of 16 and up, I also wonder why not have a singing competition for teens (like above, 13-17 or so). I think it's a great idea, especially since teenage talent of this age are usually fresh, even surprisingly sensational (Diana, for example). Also, the viewing audience can have someone they can root for (the finalists like regular high school kids).

I'm so caught up in this idea. I should try and present to some TV networks . And it's just me (I can't audition for AJ OR AI!).

I totally agree John!!!! Look at the fiasco we got as a result of 5 teens going through the 12!!! Camile got nervous on stage and as a result sang out of tune, Jasmine's performances were weakening every week, John S. felt guilty & defeated after someone more worthy than him left, & Diana can't connect with the audience (with me at least). Leah speaks for itself -- she was way too inexperienced for a competition like this!!! This better not happen on AI4!!!
    Get Fantasia's self titled CD, in stores now!!!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast