+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567

Thread: Finale Wish List for Diana and Fantasia

Quote Originally Posted by royalcloudjumpe
    I think the only reason that everyone thinks Fantasia makes the song her own...is because she has such a unique voice, that it automatically sounds different. Not to say she's not good because she is and she is my #2 fav. Just my observation.
    That's not it at all royal.

Her voice is only part of the equation. Fantasia puts a different spin on an old standard and makes it sound just as good, if not better, than the original. In the semi-finals when they announced she was singing "Something to Talk About", my first reaction was "how bad is this amateur going to ruin one of my favorite songs". Then she started singing and I completely forgot about Bonnie Raitt's version and sat at the end of my seat and took a closer look at the woman I knew would be one of the final 2 when all was said and done. I thought maybe she would be locked into a specific genre with that voice, but I was proven wrong week after week. This girl deserves the win as well as all the hype surrounding her going into tonight's shows.

I keep losing my keys!!!! royalcloudjumpe's Avatar
    I completely respect everyone's opinions......it's just that mine is different is all.

I believe Diana should win. Simple as that. I think she has the better voice(again only opinion), better presence on stage...and more room to grow.

That's not to take away from Fantasia at all. I enjoy her as well. In fact I loved "Holding Out For A Hero" when most everyone else hated it.

Just some of my opinions.
    Alanis Morissette - So-Called Chaos GO BUY YOURS NOW!!
    Mrs. Dalloway said she'd buy the flowers herself today.
    Diana DeGarmo, she almost had it all

Quote Originally Posted by royalcloudjumpe
    I completely respect everyone's opinions......it's just that mine is different is all.

I believe Diana should win. Simple as that. I think she has the better voice(again only opinion), better presence on stage...and more room to grow.

That's not to take away from Fantasia at all. I enjoy her as well. In fact I loved "Holding Out For A Hero" when most everyone else hated it.

Just some of my opinions.
    Why are you taking this personally? We are all aware that you are a Diana fan, but when you post questions such as "I don't understand why everybody thinks Fantasia..." you really don't believe somebody won't answer do you?

Everybody give royal a big hug so that we can take a deep breath and

do the bobo!

Just kidding. I really was just answering your question.

dvm
    Get off the hate train.
    Quote Originally Posted by funnygirl422

Everybody give royal a big hug so that we can take a deep breath and

do the bobo!

I agree

I keep losing my keys!!!! royalcloudjumpe's Avatar
    Only 1 hour until the show here everyone.

I guess I'll join in too, lol.

I suppose I can do the bobo to Holding Out For A Hero and Knock On Wood, lol

Enjoy the show everyone Best of luck to both Diana and Fantasia.
    Alanis Morissette - So-Called Chaos GO BUY YOURS NOW!!
    Mrs. Dalloway said she'd buy the flowers herself today.
    Diana DeGarmo, she almost had it all

Royal, my only comment to you about Diana is that she didn't nail all three numbers as we had hoped she would!

I wanted Diana to go out with three great performances; however, I cannot say Fantasia was great last night either. Yet, she did seem to nail that last number. It was as if the song was written for her to sing because she climbed many mountains and swam many lakes to get where she was. :rolleyes

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567