+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Finale Wish List for Diana and Fantasia

Snellville... hometown of music's next big superstar.
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSchoolBabe

Note to kenjix: Josh, Nikki, RJ, Rickey, Vanessa & Julia will be on Ryan Seacrest's On Air Live show Monday.
    Whoa. Some of the worst of the worst. I wonder if RJ is still going to have that wad up his butt like he has in every other interview recently. That guy is still crying about Simon.
    YDiana DeGarmo One VoiceY

She dreamed... the impossible dream. She fought the unbeatable foe.
    She's still standing better than she ever did...

This is it! This time I know it's for real.

MY AMERICAN IDOL
    Did you think this fool could never win? Look at her, she's coming back again!

Quote Originally Posted by Katelyn&Carmen
    Whoa. Some of the worst of the worst. I wonder if RJ is still going to have that wad up his butt like he has in every other interview recently. That guy is still crying about Simon.
    Don't know why R.J.'s sour. He's being represented by Beyonce's father, Mathew Knowles, and actually has an album coming out. Vanessa's apparently the star of the show Hairspray.

Anyway, I think Diana and Fantasia can pull off a duet. It'd have to be uptempo though. Kelly and Justin did "It Takes Two" and Ruben and Clay did "Ain't No Stoppin' Us Now." They seem to do well on Motown songs, like "I Heard it Through the Grapevine" as they're both "old souls." I'd like a Motown duet!!!
    "The difference between reality and fiction? Fiction has to make sense."
    Good luck to the Good Guys on the Inferno!

I keep losing my keys!!!! royalcloudjumpe's Avatar
    Originally posted by sc8583:
    and in fact I think Diana could really rock the house with one of her songs. If she pulled off "Fighter" it would be awesome!
    Ha! I think that would be awesome. I bet Di could really rock on that song too. I'd pay lots to see that!
    Alanis Morissette - So-Called Chaos GO BUY YOURS NOW!!
    Mrs. Dalloway said she'd buy the flowers herself today.
    Diana DeGarmo, she almost had it all

You Ought To See Her Fly Paradigm's Avatar
    My gratitude to all of you who kept it civil in here (besides my mis-spelling of the word "contestant" in my original post - I should seriously stay away from Coffee).

Some really good suggestions all around.

I think "Fallin'" might be good for Fantasia. I like some of the other suggestions too.

As for Diana, "To Sir with Love" and "Fighter" are few of the many good suggestions made. IMHO, Diana should go for power tunes with a bit of soul in it. I just noticed that her earlier songs that I really connected on were not the upbeat, happy numbers, rather the ones like "A Broken Wing," "One Voice," "Don't Cry Out Loud" that she poured her heart in. The ones telling a story, exhibiting her power vocals without compromising the pureness in her voice.

On second thought, scratch "How do I live.." its too kareoke. And I agree with "addikted" that the same 20 greatest hits get recycled most of the times, so scratch RESPECT off too. I am so bad at picking songs.
    Win or Lose: Diana Degarmo is my American Idol!

Quote Originally Posted by fluff
    There are some great suggestions in this thread.

I just really hope they both sing very well and give it their best performances of the season.
    I'm with you, Fluff! A great Finale would prove to others that these two young ladies belonged in the final two! The favoritism towards Fantasia may be one thing that will ruin the show! Fair shake, please to Diana as well!

Fluff, your avitar remind me so much of Richard Gere! Who is it? Good looking man...ummm.

Also, how did you accumulate over 26,000 posts?

I totally hear you kariann1. That's all I want to see tomorrow night as well. A fair shake for both of them....not this continuous favoritism.

Quote Originally Posted by royalcloudjumpe
    I totally hear you kariann1. That's all I want to see tomorrow night as well. A fair shake for both of them....not this continuous favoritism.
    One thing with the show opening up more lines, it means the producers are listening to what the fans and critics (including the media) have been saying about the show all season long!

If Diana does win the title, they may decide NOT to raise the age in the competition!

I am also wondering if Diana has her daily three hours of class this week? :rolleyes

Originally posted by Kariann1:
    One thing with the show opening up more lines, it means the producers are listening to what the fans and critics (including the media) have been saying about the show all season long!

If Diana does win the title, they may decide NOT to raise the age in the competition!

I am also wondering if Diana has her daily three hours of class this week?
    I don't see why they would raise the age limit either. I think that Diana has proved sixteen is not to young when you've got the talent.

You know I wondered the same thing....if she was having class this week. Maybe DianaDeGarmoFan knows this. I would imagine they let her have the week off so she could prepare for the Tuesday night and the grand finale. It will be the most hectic week yet.

FORT Regular
    I heard "All I Need (is the air that I breathe)" on a long drive yesterday. I thought that would be a perfect song for Diana to show her power and slow it down.

Quote Originally Posted by AIWANNABE
    If 13 year old Lucy Hale can sing it amazingly, I think Diana can sing it better.
    I have no doubt that Diana could sing it well. I just questioned the age appropriateness of the lyrics. It may just be me, but I would find it disturbing to hear that song sung by either a 13 year old or a 16 year old.
    Currently looking for a pressure-less and expectation-free zone zone

My Corner of the Web

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast