+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Finale Wish List for Diana and Fantasia

FORT Newbie

I would love to see Fantasia sing "Proud Mary." Didn't she do it in the auditions? I think she has the energy for it and it would really get the crowd going! "Say A Little Prayer" could be a fun toned down number that she would surely spice up a bit. I also think she could emote Billy Joel's "Just The Way You Are" really well. Diana Krall proved the song can also be wonderful when given a feminine touch. Chaka Khan's "I'm Every Woman" could also be fun.

I think Diana could do well on a Selena song if she wants one of her performances to be toned down. I always thought Jasmine could cover Selena well, but I think Diana could too. "Dreaming of You," and "I Could Fall in Love" would be good choices. She might also have the the power to tackle an Anastacia song too, like "One Day in Your Life." I always think of power and huge vocals with Diana, so maybe she could handle Bonnie Tyler's "Total Eclipse of the Heart" or Celine's "It's All Coming Back To Me Now." Back in the Top 32, Simon told Diana she reminded him of Christina Aguilera when she was nice, and in fact I think Diana could really rock the house with one of her songs. If she pulled off "Fighter" it would be awesome!

So those are just some thoughts... we'll see Tuesday I guess!

There are some great suggestions in this thread.

I just really hope they both sing very well and give it their best performances of the season.
    "That's Numberwang!"

FORT Regular
    I'm clueless: What songs will they be singing? And how many do they get to sing? Will they only be singing original compositions? Tamyra's writing is just not my taste. A lil' pretentious, inert, and bland. A+ effort though. I prefer karaoke, atleast until their albums come out.

Quote Originally Posted by readingrhondakw
    I'm clueless: What songs will they be singing? And how many do they get to sing? Will they only be singing original compositions? Tamyra's writing is just not my taste. A lil' pretentious, inert, and bland. A+ effort though. I prefer karaoke, atleast until their albums come out.
    Hey readingrhondakw (love your posts btw) . They each sing 2 cover songs and one original, which is the song written by Tamyra. And you're not the only one who is unimpressed by Tamyra's songwriting skills. IMHO that "Raindrops Will Fall" song was quite nauseating. Has there been a more overused metaphor than rain=tears in contemporary songwriting? Jeez...stick to singing, Tamyra.

fantasia- wish you will win
    Diana- wish you wouldnt say "yall" when you perform
    kEnJiXs

BRING BACK SANJAYA... CHRIS RICHARDSON

I keep losing my keys!!!! royalcloudjumpe's Avatar
    Originally posted by kenjixs:
    fantasia- wish you will win
    Diana- wish you wouldnt say "yall" when you perform
    I've heard Fantasia deliever a few "c'mon y'alls" as of lately where as Diana hasn't.
    Alanis Morissette - So-Called Chaos GO BUY YOURS NOW!!
    Mrs. Dalloway said she'd buy the flowers herself today.
    Diana DeGarmo, she almost had it all

I can see Diana singing Celine's " To Love You More "...if she hits all the money notes , she better sing this eardrum shattering song

I keep losing my keys!!!! royalcloudjumpe's Avatar
    Imagine if they got them to sing a duet. That would be different to say the least. I really don't think it would work.

Did they get Ruben and Clay to sing a duet? I can't remember.
    Alanis Morissette - So-Called Chaos GO BUY YOURS NOW!!
    Mrs. Dalloway said she'd buy the flowers herself today.
    Diana DeGarmo, she almost had it all

Ruben & Clay sang "Ain't No Stoppin' Us Now" as a duet. But, that would happen on Wednesday, when the rest of the final 12 return for group songs and the results.

Note to kenjix: Josh, Nikki, RJ, Rickey, Vanessa & Julia will be on Ryan Seacrest's On Air Live show Monday.
    Sing & dance the night away!

I would love Fantasia to sing Let It Be by the Beatles - I know its way out side her box, but I can imagine she could create another showstopping performance by making it her own.
    Mario Vazquez - Still My American Idol

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast