+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Finale Wish List for Diana and Fantasia

I have wanted since day one for Diana to sing "Call Me" and maybe also "Can't Fight the Moonlight" but that one is harder to pull off.

Quote Originally Posted by Kariann1
    If Fantasia is going to do Patti LaBelle, let it be, "A New Attitude." Hey! How about a real challenge and have her sing some Karen Carpenter!

Both Carole King and Gloria Estefan had a hit with, "I Feel the Earth Move" - I'd like to see what Diana would do with it! Or, "You've Got a Friend."

My wish is also that we will never see Diana reach the point that Brittany and Christina did by removing most of her clothes for a video. I know, sex sells records - but I hope they manage her career properly!
    Fantasia can sing anything IMO... Karen Carpenter is a fave of mine- Good call! And as far as Diana reaching the point of removing clothes (Not a chance- at least not untill she loses about 30 pounds- she doesn't have the body of Britney or Christina- so I don't think you need to worry about that)

Quote Originally Posted by AIWANNABE
    I have wanted since day one for Diana to sing "Call Me" and maybe also "Can't Fight the Moonlight" but that one is harder to pull off.
    "Call Me" probably doesn't have the most appropriate lyrics for a 16 year old, IMO.

http://www.lyrics007.com/Blondie%20L...%20Lyrics.html
    Currently looking for a pressure-less and expectation-free zone zone

My Corner of the Web

FORT Fogey
    "Call Me" is a horrible song nonetheless

Quote Originally Posted by AI Junky
    "Call Me" probably doesn't have the most appropriate lyrics for a 16 year old, IMO.

http://www.lyrics007.com/Blondie%20L...%20Lyrics.html
    If 13 year old Lucy Hale can sing it amazingly, I think Diana can sing it better.

Fantasia: River Deep Mountain high/whats love got to do with it/What's going on(Marvin Gaye)
    Diana:Nothing.

What is the format this time, besides singing the song that tymira wrote, how many songs this year and who pics them, every year seems to be something different.
    I'll get you my pretty, and your little dog too...

wanna check you for ticks SecondBase's Avatar
    Fantasia: someome mentioned "what's going on" and i couldn't agree more. her voice would sound brilliant with that song. also "killing me softly", or possibly something by fleetwood mac. she could do a great rendition of anything stevie nicks did in the 70s and 80s. also, i think she would be great doing some janis joplin. perhaps "ball & chain" or "cry baby." fantasia reminds me a lot of janis.

Diana: give her something with glory notes. she's really pitchy in intervals, so i'd say "open arms" or "how do i live"
    Praise seitan!

I love the choice for "What's Going On?" for Fantasia. "No More Drama" might be fun.

For Diana, who says she loves Selena, I think she should stick to uptempo songs Selena covered, like "Last Dance" or "Funky Town." I also like "Heaven's What I Feel" by Gloria Estefan.
    "The difference between reality and fiction? Fiction has to make sense."
    Good luck to the Good Guys on the Inferno!

Quote Originally Posted by SecondBase
    Fantasia: someome mentioned "what's going on" and i couldn't agree more. her voice would sound brilliant with that song. also "killing me softly", or possibly something by fleetwood mac. she could do a great rendition of anything stevie nicks did in the 70s and 80s. also, i think she would be great doing some janis joplin. perhaps "ball & chain" or "cry baby." fantasia reminds me a lot of janis.

Diana: give her something with glory notes. she's really pitchy in intervals, so i'd say "open arms" or "how do i live"
    & it's so funny that you mentioned "Killing Me Softly", because she did that while in line for the auditions for our local reporter. We actually saw footage of that on our local news coverage the other day! "What's Goin' On" would be incredible too and so would some Janis- you have a great ear for music SecondBase- Great choices!!!

wanna check you for ticks SecondBase's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BoBoFan
    & it's so funny that you mentioned "Killing Me Softly", because she did that while in line for the auditions for our local reporter. We actually saw footage of that on our local news coverage the other day! "What's Goin' On" would be incredible too and so would some Janis- you have a great ear for music SecondBase- Great choices!!!

i was listening to Janis Joplin's greatest hits album the other day and i forgot that she did a remake "summertime." fantasia has a more soulful voice that janis did, but they've both got that raspy tone that i love. i doubt she'll sing janis though... doesn't seem like her forte.
    Praise seitan!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast