+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567

Thread: AI:The Phenomenon Special on Sunday

Idol Fan
    When I discovered there was yet another special on, I mentally rolled my eyes at it and myself and knew I wouldn't miss it (especially with nothing else on I wanted to tape!) I'm glad I watched it - though I had company and still haven't gotten around to seeing every minute. Still, I enjoyed what I saw, but had a few complaints:

- Did they have to show us more of the same kills-my-ears bad auditions from this year?
    - Couldn't they have managed to show us a clip of Kelly on Big Band night? She was so awesome on "Stuff Like That There"!!!
    - Couldn't they have included just a little of the better singers among the finalists from other seasons? Personally, while I'd skip those I thought without talent that were still there in the finals, I would have loved a little of Vanessa and a lot of Kim Locke to join those we got to watch.

Of course, I only wanted my favorite finalists (Kelly & KL always took 1st place for me) to get on for a sentimental and pleasurable burst of nostalgia.

I'll join in the compliments I've read about finally giving us Kelly's audition. Love that girl's voice! Loved her joy & humility and being astounded every time she aced it!

It's fun to take a look back, especially when I've always been so passionate about the contestants I favored and this year still haven't adjusted to the fact that whoever wins I'll feel just as good about it. I like them both, even if I did end up voting for just one of them tonight. I've supported them both before tonight, depending on what I felt each time. They're both really going to do fine. It used to drive me crazy when someone said that about a contestant I was all wrapped up in and wanted to win, in case they didn't...

This time, I actually believe it and like them both. How strange.

As someone else said, I'm going to enjoy these cheesy specials because soon they'll all be gone til next season and we'll have to face Idol withdrawl.
    Last edited by Bellenote; 05-26-2004 at 07:09 AM.

Foster Your Inner Kacey BobDobolina's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bellenote
    I'll join in the compliments I've read about finally giving us Kelly's audition. Love that girl's voice! Loved her joy & humility and being astounded every time she aced it!

It's fun to take a look back, especially when I've always been so passionate about the contestants I favored and this year still haven't adjusted to the fact that whoever wins I'll feel just as good about it. I like them both, even if I did end up voting for just one of them tonight. I've supported them both before tonight, depending on what I felt each time. They're both really going to do fine. It used to drive me crazy when someone said that about a contestant I was all wrapped up in and wanted to win, in case they didn't...

This time, I actually believe it and like them both. How strange.

As someone else said, I'm going to enjoy these cheesy specials because soon they'll all be gone til next season and we'll have to face Idol withdrawl.
    I couldn't agree more.

We in the UK actually got to see this show and I thought it was great! Loadsa stuff I hadnt seen from the 1st season, and Kelly and Rubens auditions were great - well worth waiting for IMO!
    Also Im glad that Pop Idol was shown a little on it too! Did anyone notice the girl singing live on the stage ? That was Zoe - the last girl in the 1st series, she was my fave that year - I actually thought her and Diana were pretty similar - Zoe was only 16 too.
    Mario Vazquez - Still My American Idol

A I FAN ALL 5 YEARS pokealot214's Avatar
    far northern Minnesota usually, but wherever my job takes me!

Special Airing Again?

I think I saw where they are going to repeat this special, but wasn't sure I heard it right. Can anyone please tell me if they've heard about it too? I missed it the first time around, and would really like to see it. First time I've missed a show in all three years.
    only here occasionally due to work schedule... here mentally even less BTW... you can just call me poke

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567