+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: AI:The Phenomenon Special on Sunday

FORT Fanatic
    Seriously. I think they got the idea, because all this time they always showed how she swapped places with Randy, never her singing audition. I would like to thank them for finally airing it.

Yeah, the first season seems so modest and humble, with the simple judges table in white cloth and that tiny sound stage (now it's all designed and electrifying and huge). Thw show has gone a long way.

Does anyone know if this will air again maybe this week? I missed it.

Kay Dee, I don't think it's going to air again. It wasn't really anything to get over. Lots of auditions and tiny clips from all three season...nothing new.

Katharine McPhee fan Akuma24601's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by starsprite
    Watching this is making me miss the first season :*(
    And watching this made me miss the second season, the first full season of American Idol that I watched.
    Joshua Gracin, Kimberly Locke, Clay Aiken, and the "Velvet Teddy Bear" Ruuuuuuuuuuuben Studdard!
    Good times.
    I wish they would've showed Season 2's "worst singer in the world", who sang "Like A Virgin." That was so off-the-wall. If only you could've seen the way this guy performed as he sang "Like a virgin. . .touched for the very first time."
    03/28/06: The Day That AD Died "TV is not as good as it used to be." - Maeby Funke

I ramble...
    Quote Originally Posted by royalcloudjumpe
    As I said on her thread...I would love for her to possibly release this as a single if possible.
    ITA. I hoped after she sang it that it would be *her* single, if she wins, but then last week Tamyra Gray said she co-wrote/wrote the single and both will sing it this week. But maybe it will be the other track
    Jecka
    "If you want your life to be a magnificent story, then begin by realizing that you are the author and every day you have the opportunity to write a new page." - Mark Houlahan

Quote Originally Posted by RubyRed
    I was a Ruben fan last year year and it was clear to me that in the judges eyes he could do no wrong. He gave a couple of mediocre performances (IMO) and yet they still raved about it. I could see why Clay fans felt he was being treated unfairly.
    Hmmmm....for a "Ruben fan" you don't sound that enthusiastic about him. Perhaps Clay was more your cup of tea?

It's just assumed that everyone should vote for Fantasia "because she's the best voice". Well to me her voice is abrasive and raspy.
    Who is assuming that? Nobody is saying that Fantasia's voice quality is better than Diana's. Fantasia's voice tone definitely can be a little raspy. However, Fantasia fans and the judges do love her vocal range, precise pitch, complex timing, consistent control and most important--her ability to express the meaning and emotions of a song.
    Last edited by pillbeam; 05-24-2004 at 12:50 PM.

Aaw cool Kellys first audition gets shown! Ive always wanted to see it! Thats really cool - like AI C said its only been her mucking around with the judges that is shown!
    Its shown in UK on Saturday - cant wait - that will be 5 hours of American Idol for me to watch all in one - The Show, The Results, The Phenomenon and a special UK only interview with Simon - does anyone remember the blonde girl from Britain who was in the audience for EJ week? Well she came across then to interview Simon about AI for the UK viewers and she went backstage to speak to the finalists so I cant wait for that either! eeeh!
    Mario Vazquez - Still My American Idol

Quote Originally Posted by RubyRed
    "Diana DeGarmo has it, plus a voice with as much power, control and flexibility as anyone in this year’s competition. And when she poured her soul into that Clay Aiken glory note and held it for all she was worth, I started cheering. Yes!"
    When I heard Diana's two-hour-long glory note, I took a nap and dreamt about Diana being hired as a human fire alarm at the local fire station.

It was fun seeing Kelly, Clay's and Ruben's auditions again. Last night's show, however, was mainly an excuse to show the funny-bad performers' auditions again. I would have preferred to have seen Kim Locke featured in addition to Kelly Clay etc. than the tiresome audition rejects.

Quote Originally Posted by pillbeam
    When I heard Diana's two-hour-long glory note, I took a nap and dreamt about Diana being hired as a human fire alarm at the local fire station.
    Not everyone could hold a note like that yeah, yeah, yeah!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast