+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Fantasia vs. Diana Finale

Quote Originally Posted by P700Rider
    One big thing I've noticed... Fantasia is the same... and hasn't changed a bit since the beginning fo the competition...where as with Diana, you can see her performances getting better, and better and better.....
    Unlike Fantasia, Diana really needed to improve. I don't think she's quite improved enough to surpass Fantasia.

Quote Originally Posted by pillbeam
    Unlike Fantasia, Diana really needed to improve. I don't think she's quite improved enough to surpass Fantasia.
    Absolutely pillbeam. Fantasia is a natural born performer, Diana's is more learned. It all comes out in the performances.

You know...since my last post.... I just wnet back through, and listened to all of the songs by both Diana and Fantasia...and I must say... Diana can DEFFINATELY sing circles around Fantasia... the control, the power, the range... it's all there. Fantasia is the better performer...to some extent... BUT, Diana is also a VERY natural performer as well. One big thing I've noticed... Fantasia is the same... and hasn't changed a bit since the beginning fo the competition...where as with Diana, you can see her performances getting better, and better and better.....

Kind of reminds me of Clay... and look where he is now?!?!

I'd highly recommed that everyone go back, and re watch/listen to all of their performances and see for yourself..
    You are funny, we all know that you are joking, thats 4 sure!! Like I always said...Anyone can sing, but it takes a talented few that can capture the spirit of a song and make you feel it. Thanks to Fantasia, she does that everytime. Fantasia is da bomb!!!
    leave the gun...take the canolis - The Godfather

DetroitRockCity
    I don't feel the best singer in a competion is the one with be best pipes necessarily. I feel the best singer is the one that establishes a connection.
    A great singer in my book is one that makes you feel. To me, the most polished singers fail to convey that. Case in point, I don't connect with singers like Whitney, Barbara, Celine - all the edge is buffed away. Too much slickness going on. Too perfect. That's the category Diana falls in for me. Latoya and Clay Aiken as well. But I appreciate their abilities and their craftsmanship to the utmost.

My favorites artists are like Aretha Franklin, Tina Turner, Teena Marie, Bonnie Raitt, Dee Dee Bridgewater, Anita Baker, Janis Joplin, Billi Holliday, Al Green, Ray Charles, Gregg Allman, Joe Cocker, Stevie..... These are artist that break songs down to their raw emotion. That's where Fantasia fits in for me. Perfectly imperfect.

I'll take a song like Summertime over Don't Cry out Loud anyday

If Diana picks the right songs then I think she can trump Fantasia vocally.
    I find them both entertaining and look forward to a really good final.
    I think either one of them can win at this point.
    "That's Numberwang!"

Fantasia - All the way

Fantasia, unless by winning the competition it ruins her chances to have a Whitney Houston style career (without Bobby of course).

DetroitRockCity
    With the right song, Fantasia is like Svengali. Hypnotic and mesmerizing. She can completely draw you in. It's not all about stratospheric, bloated glory notes - it's the subtle phrasing that does it.

If Diana can avoid the challenge of having to sing softly and slowly simultaneously, she might have a shot at winning--especially if she gets to do one of her 1-hour glory notes at the end. During her last glory note, I had time to take a bathroom break, get a snack from the refrigerator and take the dishes out of the dishwasher.
    Last edited by pillbeam; 05-20-2004 at 03:30 PM.

You know...since my last post.... I just wnet back through, and listened to all of the songs by both Diana and Fantasia...and I must say... Diana can DEFFINATELY sing circles around Fantasia... the control, the power, the range... it's all there. Fantasia is the better performer...to some extent... BUT, Diana is also a VERY natural performer as well. One big thing I've noticed... Fantasia is the same... and hasn't changed a bit since the beginning fo the competition...where as with Diana, you can see her performances getting better, and better and better.....

Kind of reminds me of Clay... and look where he is now?!?!

I'd highly recommed that everyone go back, and re watch/listen to all of their performances and see for yourself..

I completely agree. Fantasia has the same sound that she always has, and Diana keeps on getting better. And I liked her better in the beginning, so now I think she is lightyears ahead of Fantasia vocally.
    fka kickstand

Can Ya Dig It?

I think both have talent. I can say that Fantasia is talented without being a fan of her style. It's just not appealing to me. Believe it or not, I don't get the "connection" with her, while I do with Diana. I could be happy with either winning. However, I think career-wise that Diana needs to win it more than Fantasia does. Even if Fantasia comes in second, I think she's pretty much guaranteed a recording contract. I don't think that Diana has the same level of guarantee of a recording contract without winning AI 3. I would buy Diana's CD, but not Fantasia's.
    Currently looking for a pressure-less and expectation-free zone zone

My Corner of the Web

+ Reply to Thread