+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: American Idol 3, Top 3 Results: The Stage Is Now Set

Fabulous recap Lobeck!
    The robots I know all want to be cowboys

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by Sigang Noypi
    Now that our baby Jasmine got booted out,all of the Filipinos are,well,mourning...Melodramat ic,huh?...Well,somehow,that's what I feel...But like I said,I guess it's time for her...I just don't think her exit was appreciated by most of the Americans...There were a lot of contorversy about her staying and Latoya leaving...We're having the presidential elections here in the Philippines but news about Jasmine Trias were bigger...She was always the topic of primetime and late night news...The attention of talkshows were on her everytime...The papers print her face on the cover or wherever there was space...We consider her a hero...And last night,I heard her sing a Filipino song and I was almost in tears...She's such an amazing person...I never thought she'd do that...To sing a Filipino song in Hawaii in front of all those Americans was just overwhelming for me...I love her more than I have ever loved another Filipino artist...She's just genuine and pure...That's why I was hurt with all those intrigues and accusations about her...I hope that now she's out of the contest,some of you will realize how wonderful Jasmine is...America may not have wanted her to be their Idol and that's okay...But,(I hope she reads this)in the Philippines,JAsmine is more than just a booted American Idol finalist....She is our hero!...I love you JAs!

She should join the Philippine idol instead. Sure she will win then. I'm glad the results are not influenced by political or geographical reasons this time. Because I don't find Jasmine got real international star appeal, except maybe in Hawaii and Philippines. Unlike Latoya, who's awesome, even though I wish she's taller. And one cannot forget Fantasia.

Quote Originally Posted by Sigang Noypi
    Now that our baby Jasmine got booted out,all of the Filipinos are,well,mourning...Melodramat ic,huh?...Well,somehow,that's what I feel...But like I said,I guess it's time for her...I just don't think her exit was appreciated by most of the Americans...There were a lot of contorversy about her staying and Latoya leaving...We're having the presidential elections here in the Philippines but news about Jasmine Trias were bigger...She was always the topic of primetime and late night news...The attention of talkshows were on her everytime...The papers print her face on the cover or wherever there was space...We consider her a hero...And last night,I heard her sing a Filipino song and I was almost in tears...She's such an amazing person...I never thought she'd do that...To sing a Filipino song in Hawaii in front of all those Americans was just overwhelming for me...I love her more than I have ever loved another Filipino artist...She's just genuine and pure...That's why I was hurt with all those intrigues and accusations about her...I hope that now she's out of the contest,some of you will realize how wonderful Jasmine is...America may not have wanted her to be their Idol and that's okay...But,(I hope she reads this)in the Philippines,JAsmine is more than just a booted American Idol finalist....She is our hero!...I love you JAs!
    Hi Sigang Noypi,
    all the way from the Philipines are you? Do they have a Filipino version of AI? They said last night versions of this show is running in about 30 countries.

The reason so many people were upset last week was because Latoya, who gave a much better performance, got booted last week. But put another way, she didn't get enough votes. It's also likely the heavy Hawaii votes kept her in even though she was a much weaker performer.

I think little Jazzy needs a few more years of singing. She is so very young. I like her voice much better than Fantasia's and think she could continue on in music with hard work. A few years can make all the difference at her age.

I thought her last performances were some of her best even though she got a lot of criticism. I don't know what Clive Davis was thinking when he chose "All By Myself" for Jazzy. It the kind of song a 35-45 year old man would sing after looking back on his life and realizing he didn't want to be alone anymore. Then Clive said she didn't get at the end. It's not a song for a 17 year old IMO. No wonder she couldn't connect.

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by combatcutie
    Great recap as always Lobeck

I noticed that when Ryan was ready to announce who was getting eliminated that Jasmine was nodding and smiling. I think she knew that she was going to be the one to go. Best of luck to her
    I wonder why is she smiling all the time? It is a bit fake to talk to someone who wears such a smile all the time. Either they are advertising for Colgate or they keeps agreeing with you. I don't dislike her, but watching her leaves me with no emotion, but just think of artificial sweetener. Eeeeeeeeeee

And strangely I started out disliking Fantasia!!! But her big tears shows me her true emotion. She got a big heart (and voice) with lots of love to give. And Diana is sweet. Definitely talented. I still like JS though. I fell in love with his voice which I still store in my PDA. And his wholesome image which even our country's newspaper talk about. Alas, my love, you left ......... But good luck to the future AI

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by Lexx
    Fabulous recap Lobeck!

Lobeck, how did you have such a good memory to take down details, word for word? Did you use shorthand? Tape it down, rewind and write or what? Amazing.

Awesome recap as always, Lobeck!

This show made me a little happier, as I agreed with the results. It helps a lot.

By the way, Guy Sebastian sounded pretty good (for that style), but he looks like King Buzzo, which is slightly disturbing.

[IMG]images/img/Buzz.jpg[/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by MariSan
    Lobeck, how did you have such a good memory to take down details, word for word? Did you use shorthand? Tape it down, rewind and write or what? Amazing.
    I make notes as we watch the show, and then I usually go write my recap right after the show is over so it's still fresh in my mind. We have TiVo, though, and we record each episode. So, if I ever need to recheck something, I can.

anyone see that ford commercial last night? that was so horrid, even seeing jasmine "act" wasn't fun for me LOL!

as for her smiling, i think she knew she was going, so it was just all smiles. no surprise reaction, just a sigh of relief.

Thanks for the recap, Lobeck! As thorough as always. I also wondered about this:

Moving on, Ryan introduces the judges and then the three remaining finalists. They all may be shaking in their boots at this point, but you couldn't tell by looking at them. They all are very composed, and they all look really nice this evening.
    My husband and I thought they seemed very composed -- almost unnaturally so. It started us speculating whether they might already know (or at least suspect) the results. Kind of like when you know your dental appointment is just to have your teeth cleaned rather than having an emergency root canal.
    Ipse dixit.

A I FAN ALL 5 YEARS pokealot214's Avatar
    far northern Minnesota usually, but wherever my job takes me!
    Quote Originally Posted by lobeck
    I make notes as we watch the show, and then I usually go write my recap right after the show is over so it's still fresh in my mind. We have TiVo, though, and we record each episode. So, if I ever need to recheck something, I can.
    lobeck, I know this is just kind of a small issue, but since you said you can recheck it and our VCR quit, I'm wondering if you'd recheck it. I noticed in your recap that you said Ryan pulled out a quarter to have Jasmine flip for the rights as to who goes first next week. I thought it was an Eisenhower dollar coin. Quite a bit of difference in size and picture between the two. I know it's trivial, but if you could check it, I'd feel less like I can't believe what I think I'm seeing. Thanks. Like I said in my previous post, great recap lobeck!
    only here occasionally due to work schedule... here mentally even less BTW... you can just call me poke

+ Reply to Thread