+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: American Idol 3, Top 3 Results: The Stage Is Now Set

Katharine McPhee fan Akuma24601's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by lobeck
    Tamyra also announces that her CD, "Dreamer", will be released next Tuesday. (Hmm…that's the same day that the DVD version of Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King is being released. I wonder which one will sell more the first day...)

With Jasmine gone and Diana and Fantasia left, all is well with America again. . .at least for some of us.
    It was a good night for me. Diana's going to the finals, and after the results show I happened upon an episode of Monk on USA which I hadn't seen before.

Great recap!

I'm glad Jasmine's finally gone.

Lobeck, you are the BOMB!!!!! Having missed the show, I knew I wouldn't miss anything important because you write it all!!! Even the subtle nuances! Great humor! Glad Jasmine is gone. She just wasn't the caliber that the others were. She probably has a chance at a contract anyway, but I won't be buying any of her stuff.

Foster Your Inner Kacey BobDobolina's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bellenote
    I don't know that this is the place to say so or not, but I almost got the feeling in this results show that they made sure of the outcome.
    I didn't sense that, but I did get that feeling that the contestants already knew the results this week. Neither Fantasia nor Diana had that sacrificial lamb look that they've worn in previous weeks. And in the funeral video, Jazz actually say "Even though I didn't make it all the way, I feel like I am where I'm supposed to be." That seems suspicious. I know people have given reflective comments in previous funeral videos, but they were usually very general. This one not only mentioned that she was eliminated, but also that she was happy with her final rank (3rd.) Hmmm...

Quote Originally Posted by dfleming2
    Excellent recap lobes... I went to bed last night halfway through the show, cause I couldn't stand all the filler. It's great that I can come read about what happened here.
    Heh.

So did I.

I had to call up this forum to find out who was booted.

FORT Regular
    OK, Fantasia is ni the finals, I can't beleive it. I feel like after the first performance on the top 32, I knew she would be my favorite and she would win the whole thing. Its coming true, so true, I'm floored. I knew also that same episode that I liked Diana, that she was fun and great. Its like how Rubin, Kim Locke & Clay were all from the same group last year. Only this year we dont have Jennifer as the third. Poor Jasmine, she did leave much later than I expected, but that happens. On this show you can't have more than one favorite, you have to be a true fan and then reevaluate once that fan is booted. This year is different cause most of America is watching. Last week the judges were just as harsh, but the contestants were so much less fragile. This year I feel like it was CAMP Idol instead of a cutthroat competition. Oh well, maybe the age will be lifted andw e wont have to worry about hurting peoples feeling. Last year definately had a much better top 3, but this year had a better top 4. Go figure.

Great recap lobes!

Well....I'm rooting for Fantasia to win the American Idol. I was impressed by Fantasia from the moment i watched her during the auditions. IMO, she'd be a better American Idol than Diana.

Quote Originally Posted by BobDobolina
    I didn't sense that, but I did get that feeling that the contestants already knew the results this week. Neither Fantasia nor Diana had that sacrificial lamb look that they've worn in previous weeks. And in the funeral video, Jazz actually say "Even though I didn't make it all the way, I feel like I am where I'm supposed to be." That seems suspicious. I know people have given reflective comments in previous funeral videos, but they were usually very general. This one not only mentioned that she was eliminated, but also that she was happy with her final rank (3rd.) Hmmm...

I also found it odd that Jasmine said "even though I didn't make it all the way" in her video.

Lobeck, thanks for so many great recaps this season. You rock.

I am so relieved that the right two of the three are in the finals. Next week will be exciting, and I will be happy for whoever wins.

One more thing - Tamyra, go eat a cheeseburger or something! I was afraid her neck would snap and her head would fall off while she was singing. *shudders*
    Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.
    - Albert Einstein

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar
    Great recap as always Lobeck

I noticed that when Ryan was ready to announce who was getting eliminated that Jasmine was nodding and smiling. I think she knew that she was going to be the one to go. Best of luck to her
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

+ Reply to Thread