+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Clive Davis Comments on Last Night's (5/18) Show

Everybody keep talking about Fanny having the IT factor, thing is that you gotta be able to "stand" the "Helli-Mouse" sound of her voice, no thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by superfly
    She doesn't have a weight problem. As long as she picks her clothes right, she doesn't even look chubby.
    yeah, more like baby fat still
    Diana should not be showing all that clevage at age 16, ya know
    leave the gun...take the canolis - The Godfather

I will definately buy Fantasia's music but as far as Diana...hell no!
    leave the gun...take the canolis - The Godfather

I agree with BobDob that Clive is merely saying Diana (or Fantasia) is going to go into competition with the ladies selling big numbers of CDs. I don't think it was a vocal comparison. Since, it is a business and all about the $, he feels Fantasia could compete for sales now, whereas, Diana still has some growing to do (which many of you agree with). They don't want to wait for the winner to grow enough to bring in the bucks.
    Sing & dance the night away!

It's an interesting question: Will Clive sign Diana to a deal if she doesn't win? Maybe not. (Love your new avatar, OSB).

wanna check you for ticks SecondBase's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by pillbeam
    It's an interesting question: Will Clive sign Diana to a deal if she doesn't win? Maybe not. (Love your new avatar, OSB).

I don't think he will and if he does, it'll be out of pity. She doesn't have that star quality that Fantasia does. He said that she's "growing." Her talent may peak at a mediocre level (i believe she's still less than mediocre now), whereas Fantasia is already at the point of stardom.

watch out world, here comes Tasia.
    Praise seitan!

Caged Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion Maveno's Avatar
    I never heard him say that he would sign Diana. I wouldn't.. honestly, why would I want to sign a contract with someone who is still trying to "find her niche"? Sorta like saying.."Sign here, and I'll give you a huge contract to PRACTICE on". Nah, he won't sign with her.

I would never buy a cd of Diana's...she doesn't have a good voice. At all.
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

Quote Originally Posted by Maveno
    I never heard him say that he would sign Diana. I wouldn't.. honestly, why would I want to sign a contract with someone who is still trying to "find her niche"? Sorta like saying.."Sign here, and I'll give you a huge contract to PRACTICE on". Nah, he won't sign with her.

I would never buy a cd of Diana's...she doesn't have a good voice. At all.
    It's not so much that her voice isn't good, it's more that she sounds like every other overhyped, overexposed teenage girl on the scene right now.

Quote Originally Posted by funnygirl422
    .....It strikes me as funny how nobody mentions Tasia's size. She's bigger than Diana. Is it because of her personality or her ability as a performer that we tend to ignore this about her?
    I noticed it but, for me, as long as the contestants are healthy, I don't care if they lose weight or not. That goes for Fantasia, Diana, Kimberly L. etc. more power to them!

Quote Originally Posted by eldee
    I noticed it but, for me, as long as the contestants are healthy, I don't care if they lose weight or not. That goes for Fantasia, Diana, Kimberly L. etc. more power to them!
    I noticed it because they were standing side-by6-side. She still looks good.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast