+ Reply to Thread
Page 28 of 28 FirstFirst ... 1819202122232425262728

Thread: 5/19 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

FORT Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by CluelessPenguin
    Fantasia has a very nasal voice...the final two is such a disappointment. I would not buy either's album but I would definitely buy Latoya's and even Jasmine's cos we all know what those sound engineers can do to a few missed notes.
    Actually, there's no such thing as "missed notes" in today's recording process. What they do is make multiple takes. They "splice" everything together. So if one part of the song doesn't sound right, you keep repeating until it does sound right. Then you use that part in the final product. That's why a lot of artists sound so terrible in live performances and so many resort to lip-syncing.

Quote Originally Posted by razorbacker
    I feel the need to jump in here because I just can't hold my tongue anymore. There are some on this forum that are suggesting we should vote for Fantasia because Diana lives in a bigger house? How does this differ from the sympathy votes given to John Stevens because he was so nice or so cute? How does this differ from the sympathy votes given to Jasmine because the judges mistreated her? Sympathy votes are sympathy votes folks. Just because someone lives in a bigger house doesn't mean that their dreams are any less than any one elses & to even suggest that those dreams should be taken away because of that is beyond my comprehension. I have seen the performances of Fantasia & she is full out to do the best she can every time out & I believe she wants to win this thing based on her singing & performing skills. To throw out the idea that she should win because of a socio-economis disadvantage is to do a disservice to both Diana & Fantasia!! Thanks for letting me rant!
    Wow, I'm glad I didn't jump on this thread until the last couple of pages because I would have been really ranting. I cannot believe on this site this was actually discussed.

I would hope that in this day and age ignorance like this would be obsolete.

Thanks razorback for letting go of your tongue long enough to stop the madness.

Quote Originally Posted by FireStorm
    Hmmmmm well clerical work certainly wouldn't buy digs like that...must be Daddy that has all the dough...
    \\

I thought I'd read/ heard that Diana's father had died years ago???
    Dr. Will: My BB champion!

http://www.moremusic104.com/index.php?nid=121&sid=19667

Apparently her father just isnt part of the picture..at least that's what it says in this article.

Quote Originally Posted by felixxiano
    I dont want to listen to unknown songs in the final. I want Diana and Fantasia to sing songs that have made history in music.

Mariah Carey, Celine Dion, Whitney Houston, Aretha Franklin, etc, etc

I'm sorry, but I don't think Tamyra should be writting the songs for the final. I like her, but that's not fair!!!!
    Yeah, I agree! I was disappointed to hear this. I also don't want to hear them sing the same song. They also said the winner will have to sing the song as their single debut. I'm guessing it's another dreary, dull debut for whoever wins. :phhht

Nothing against Tamyra but i doubt she will create a hit song. At this stage they should be getting top notch song writers and not people who write passable songs.

Quote Originally Posted by chicagoholic

Apparently her father just isnt part of the picture..at least that's what it says in this article.
    thanks... don't know why I thought he'd died.!
    Anyway I think she has a great voice...
    Dr. Will: My BB champion!

Quote Originally Posted by chicagoholic

Chicagoholic, thank you for the link! It gives us a better understanding of Diana! If Dad is alive, something tells me he will be sought by the media! :rolleyes

I do enjoy seeing both gals perform!

I wish the first single out was written by someone totally UNASSOCIATED with <i> American Idol.</i> This is too much responsibility for Tamrya with possible failure!
    Last edited by Kariann1; 05-20-2004 at 11:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BobDobolina
    What's up with all the animosity? Why can't people prefer one contestant without bashing all the others? Personally, I couldn't be happier with both Fantasia and Diana. I can't wait to see them duke it out next week, not to mention all the reunions (George, Amy and Jenny in particular.) Hell, even JPL and JS will be interesting in a nostalgic kind of way!

btw, Karianne, there's an article you can find in the Fantasia thread that might shed light on some of your questions. It says that she was required to withdraw from school when her pregnancy was showing and that she was in fact working on her GED prior to trying out for AI. It also says that the Zion's father was arrested for hitting and choking Fantasia at some point.

Diana's dad is a complete mystery, but I bet he's kicking himself right now!
    Thank you, Bob. I do appreciate the information! We posted at about the same time, so I didn't see your post!

It is too bad Fantasia's school district doesn't have the programs we have here! (Midwest - Great Lakes). Fantasia WOULD have had that opportunity to stay in school with classes having other pregnant students. They form a support system for the girls with little disruption in obatining their diploma! They also have parenting classes as part of their curriculium.

As I said previously, I don't care if Fantasia is an unmarried single Mom. She is a very talented young lady, as is Diana!

FORT Newbie
    Facts about Snellville, Georgia
    Median household income $67,715
    Average income per capita $25,992
    Median home value $170,700

From: yahoo groups (can't post the hyperlink since I'm a newbie)
    group/Diana_DeGarmo/message/188

To: grannymaggie unread (24 of 29)
    211499.24 in reply to 211499.1
    Having known Diana for over 10 years I can tell you a little about her. Diana is from a middle class family. Her house is not a mansion. The neighborhood she lives in is of average homes in the area. ... Here's a little tidbit you might not be aware of, her uncle is Christian singer Eddie DeGarmo. So now you know where she got the talent.

Do a google search for "Eddie DeGarmo Diana" for an interesting article on accessatlanta; you'll probably want to get the cached copy instead of registering on the site.

+ Reply to Thread