+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Bowing Out Gracefully

Bowing Out Gracefully

Can a contestant do this? Are they obligated contractually to stick it out? What would be the ramifications if somebody said it's not right, I should have been the one to go and then walk away? Thoughts?

They can quit, but if they've made the Top 12, they're still stuck with the 19E contract for representation. Which means they're basically throwing away their musical career.

I believe in Australia someone by the name Cosima (I think) left the competition once she was in the final 3 due to the fact that she was sick.

Hopfully Jasmine does the same.

Well, I don't think it would be good manners. It would completely nullify the effort some people put in voting. While I can not always understand all crazy voting, the competitors and everyone else still have to respect the voters (however crazy ) and the rules of the competition.
    ps. This is just my opinion in the matter.

Ultimate American Idol RubenIZMyne's Avatar
    I agree with you Tirlittan. These contestants build up serious fanbases. If one were to just up and quit, a lot of people would be upset at how much time and energy they wasted voting for that person.

It wouldn't look too good for that contestant or AI for that matter. One would have to wonder what it was that made them quit.

A female contestant bowed out of Canadian Idol last season.
    She didn't make the top 12 automatically and decided not to come back for the wild card show.
    "That's Numberwang!"

FORT Fogey
    Im not a Jasmine apologizer and certainly thinks she should not have outlasted LaToya - and Jennifer and George for that matter. However, bowing out gracefully would be for her to stay and sing her heart out as long as she has fans that are taking time out to vote for her and when her time is up sing the hell out of whatever song she sings on her farewell. Thats bowing out gracefull.

Quote Originally Posted by DetGuy
    Im not a Jasmine apologizer and certainly thinks she should not have outlasted LaToya - and Jennifer and George for that matter. However, bowing out gracefully would be for her to stay and sing her heart out as long as she has fans that are taking time out to vote for her and when her time is up sing the hell out of whatever song she sings on her farewell. Thats bowing out gracefull.

I agree DetGuy.

toothdoc

Right, I think if someone *cough jasmine cough* were to bow out it would be the same as saying they basically didn't feel worthy to compete. And at that point, their career would be over.
    Well I was born in a small town
    And I can breathe in a small town
    Gonna die in this small town
    And that's prob'ly where they'll bury me

COMBAT MISSIONS junkie! BravoFan's Avatar
    I think the type of people on this show are obviously competitive by nature and wouldn't just quit.
    "They can only edit what you give them. They cannot manufacture a fictional character out of thin air." (Bill Rancic - 4/04)
    Regarding editing reality TV: "You can't edit IN a bad personality." ("Cali"-11/02)
    BB8 - A "conveyor belt of human garbage." ("Pono" - 9/07)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast