+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678

Thread: American Idol 3, Top 3: Hey Mister Melody, Please Be In Tune For Me

FORT Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by Gsxgem
    I think this American Idol sucks the worst. I don't like anyone that is on this show. And especially when certain people that got kicked off, shouldn't have. I don't think there should be an American Idol 4.

I may be in the minority but I am so looking forward the American Idol 4, new people , faces, fresh music. I don't see how it could get any worse than this years show. I think they will make some changes for next year show like actually letting some talented people into the finals instead of some of the ones that looked good. Time for a new judge or 2 also but I don't think that will change.

Wow. I am saddened by the thought that people really feel that this years contest was geared towards looks instead of talent. Apparently there are some people who feel that Fantasia & Diana are only in the top 2 because of their looks. WOW. I am amazed.

And correct me if Im wrong, but didnt JASMINE pick SAVING ALL MY LOVE on her own. So why should someone step in and make a big deal about it, if she wanted to sing that song herself? Just axin a question.

I for one am looking forward to this competition!! But once again, this is my personal opinion and everyone is entitled to one.

Hmmm,let me think...Philippines,I guess...
    Quote Originally Posted by DezBelle
    You guys are going on the impresion that Jas is a nice sweet innocent girl, and while I do think she is nice and sweet, you don't know if she has had expeirence in that department. Believe me, just because she is 17 doesn't mean she has not had a expeirence or two.
    Being brought up by a respectable and decent Filipino parents...YES!...I must say she does not have experience on that kind of love yet...C'mon!...If she did,so you think she would have sung All By Myself the way she did?...Get REal!
    I am the Master of my own fate...as well as yours...hahaha... :phhht

Fantasia

Someone else said it, Fantasia sounds like "fingernails scraping on a blackboard".
    I cannot take her loud screaming and jumping all over the place and waving her arms all at the same time.
    The only time she did not get to me is when she SAT down to sing Summertime.
    I think she will go over to the hip hop genre with Ruben and we will not see her much anymore, just like Ruben sort of disappeared.

Clay is the winner of it all, personality wise, the whole singing package!!!
    I cannot get past Rubens profuse sweating while he is singing.

Diana DeGarmo, while she is only 16, has the pipes and with exposure she will onlly get better.
    I like her looks and her style.
    She LOOKS like an American Idol should look. Clay and Kelley LOOK like an American Idol SHOULD look.
    Fantasia and Ruben do not LOOK like the American Idol. And kimberley locke is another good example of an American Idol.

I would have been much happier if Latoya was the final winner. To me she had a great voice, without being annoying and charm and grace and looks, truely, to me an American Idol

ClayJean

Quote Originally Posted by ClayJean
    Someone else said it, Fantasia sounds like "fingernails scraping on a blackboard".
    I cannot take her loud screaming and jumping all over the place and waving her arms all at the same time.
    The only time she did not get to me is when she SAT down to sing Summertime.
    I think she will go over to the hip hop genre with Ruben and we will not see her much anymore, just like Ruben sort of disappeared.

Clay is the winner of it all, personality wise, the whole singing package!!!
    I cannot get past Rubens profuse sweating while he is singing.

Diana DeGarmo, while she is only 16, has the pipes and with exposure she will onlly get better.
    I like her looks and her style.
    She LOOKS like an American Idol should look. Clay and Kelley LOOK like an American Idol SHOULD look.
    Fantasia and Ruben do not LOOK like the American Idol. And kimberley locke is another good example of an American Idol.

I would have been much happier if Latoya was the final winner. To me she had a great voice, without being annoying and charm and grace and looks, truely, to me an American Idol

ClayJean
    Just how should an American Idol look? America is a very big diverse country, with millions of people. We come in different colors, shapes, and sizes among other things. So, how do YOU think an American Idol should look?

Why doesnt Fantasia and Ruben look like American Idols?
    I just dont see why not - and Im honestly not only saying this because you disagree, ClayJean, but if you think Ruben or Fantasia dont fit the "mould" properly then for me Clay would definitley have to be up there with them.
    But I dont care about that - I mean do you not think that Barry White or Luther Vandross (although he has lost a lot of weight) are American Idols?
    I cant really think of anyone to relate Fantasia to because I think there isnt a thing wrong with her.
    Mario Vazquez - Still My American Idol

Quote Originally Posted by danny
    Why doesnt Fantasia and Ruben look like American Idols?
    I just dont see why not - and Im honestly not only saying this because you disagree, ClayJean, but if you think Ruben or Fantasia dont fit the "mould" properly then for me Clay would definitley have to be up there with them.
    But I dont care about that - I mean do you not think that Barry White or Luther Vandross (although he has lost a lot of weight) are American Idols?
    I cant really think of anyone to relate Fantasia to because I think there isnt a thing wrong with her.
    I will compliment Fantasia by saying she "relates" to Patty LaBelle but has a way to go to obtain her type star quality! Funny too, because I saw Patty about 2 weeks ago and she got into that screaming thing that she does and I thought, "That's kinda like Fantasia!"

Everyone has a concept in their mind what an American Idol should look like! Some may prefer a more polished look. Imagine the shock those parents in the 50s felt the first time they laid eyes on ELVIS PRESLEY! They had never heard or seen anything like that before!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678