+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: American Idol 3, Top 3: Hey Mister Melody, Please Be In Tune For Me

Katharine McPhee fan Akuma24601's Avatar
    Reading these recaps always make for an entertaining part of my day.
    Quote Originally Posted by lobeck
    At one point near the end of the song, Jasmine tries to do some scat singing, and it just doesn't work.
    What was up with that? That seemed odd to me, especially considering Jasmine's no 'scat girl,' and I don't think that sort of thing works well when it's this close to the end of the competition.
    "Jasmine, you're a lucky girl. But, the reality is that because you're so young, sweet, and you have this unbelievable support from Hawaii, that is why you are still in the competition. For me, it has to end tonight."
    I agree with Simon. I remember thinking to myself a week ago that if Jasmine were to be in the finals, then I would declare that this show 'jumped the shark.' Last night is a blur, but I remember last week it sounded like Jasmine's voice was weakening. Yes, she was one of the standouts in the beginning of the competition, but now she should leave as gracefully as possible with the title of 'Hawaiian Idol' without causing any more upsets to American Idol. This IS Jasmine Trias we're talking about here, not John Stevens.

With Huff and Hudson gone (my favorites on the show until they were booted off), the only one I have left to root for is Diana.
    GO DIANA!

FORT Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Akuma24601
    I remember last week it sounded like Jasmine's voice was weakening. Yes, she was one of the standouts in the beginning of the competition, but now she should leave as gracefully as possible with the title of 'Hawaiian Idol' without causing any more upsets to American Idol. This IS Jasmine Trias we're talking about here, not John Stevens.

With Huff and Hudson gone (my favorites on the show until they were booted off), the only one I have left to root for is Diana.
    GO DIANA!
    I'm sure that Jazz would leave more than graciously but she doesn't have a say in that.... it's the Votes that keep her in .... Simon, the idiot, keeps saying that it is the Hawaii vote .... Like he should keep it real as no way can Hawaii block vote a contestant .... it has to have others around the nation to place their votes for Jazz.... I was shocked that Latoya was voted off but I would rather see Fantasia booted and hopefully tonite she will be.... I will even take the "well-rounded" Diana as the AI before Fantasia......But is just my opinion!!!!!!

Lobeck, your recaps are an integral part of my AI experience! Excellent - so funny too.

I knew Fantasia would pull another sparkler out of the hat! She's a natural with the audience and I'd definitely go to her concert or buy her CD.

Diana didn't seem as confident - especially after Randy's remarks - but had a great last song. The bangs were cute but almost distracting because it was an image change so late in the show.

Jasmine seemed unsure but it's hard to tell behind that dazzling smile. She did one song pretty well and you could see her potential but as Randy and Paula said "not there yet". But that's great since it means she is heading in the right direction.
    The robots I know all want to be cowboys

Great recaps Lobeck. The show hasn't aired here yet but I know I'll prefer your recaps!

Jasmine and Diana should go sing backup for William Hung
    american idol 1= The traditional pop star is found
    american idol 2= Talent over image
    american idol 3= America is on crack

George Huff was the last man standing, good enough for me!

Katharine McPhee fan Akuma24601's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by rabbitrabbit
    I'm sure that Jazz would leave more than graciously but she doesn't have a say in that.... it's the Votes that keep her in .....
    I know, I know. It's all about the votes and the voters. :rolleyes
    I know Simon, the idiot, keeps saying that it is the Hawaii vote ....
    As did an "unofficial vote tally" from last week's results anonymously posted onto the official American Idol 3 message board.
    I will even take the "well-rounded" Diana as the AI before Fantasia......But is just my opinion!!!!!!
    I agree with you there.

Great recap, lobeck! Thank you!

First up is Jasmine, and Clive says that he's selected the Eric Carmen (and, later, Celine Dion) hit "All By Myself".
    Didn't anyone wonder why someone who is the head of BMG chose a song with lyrics like, "When I was young, I never needed anyone. Making love was just for fun. Those days are gone." for a 17-year-old girl?

FORT Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by da huffinator
    Jasmine and Diana should go sing backup for William Hung
    american idol 1= The traditional pop star is found - "You voted for Justin"

american idol 2= Talent over image - "Hmm ... think they were evenly matched and I think Clay has a better track record since then"

american idol 3= America is on crack - "I could put some snide comments here but I don't think it would be appropriate"

George Huff was the last man standing, good enough for me! - "Come on the male singers in this competion were a joke including George - George "good old boy attitude - kept him in the competion ... not his talent - though this could be said of many of the contestants"

jmb
    FORT Fogey Word Builder Champion jmb's Avatar
    Ugh…this makes two Celine songs and two Whitney songs tonight alone. Can't anyone think of anything else for these girls to sing?
    I couldn't agree more!!

GREAT recap! Very well written indeed. (almost more entertaining than the show! ha ha)

I really loved Fantasias first song. She showed what a professional she is growing to be.

p.s. I truly hope that your prediction comes true this week.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast