+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: **Possible Spoiler** Who Cowell Thinks will win AI3... little Seabiscuit

That Crazy Red-Head! CopperPenny's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by pintobean
    Obviously you get the impression that Clay only sings his music at these concerts which is not true. He sings a variety of songs not just the ones that are on his albums for example - Prince, James Taylor, to name a few.
    Prince? I love Clay's album, but I do not hear anything similar to Prince when I listen to it.

Quote Originally Posted by pillbeam
    And, I admit, I'm one of those viewers watching but not voting. I just don't care that much who wins this year. If someone forced me to vote, I would go for Fantasia.

One thing that is really lacking this year is personality chemistry between contestants. Last year, Ruben, Clay and Kim Locke sang beautifully together and their friendship for each other was endearing. I was riveted to the show, not just because of Ruben's great work, but because of the energy of that dynamic trio.

Quote Originally Posted by CopperPenny
    Prince? I love Clay's album, but I do not hear anything similar to Prince when I listen to it.
    He sings "When Doves Cry" in concert. It was one of my favorites...
    Well I was born in a small town
    And I can breathe in a small town
    Gonna die in this small town
    And that's prob'ly where they'll bury me

Quote Originally Posted by Dinahann
    He sings "When Doves Cry" in concert. It was one of my favorites...
    Ohhhh - o.k.

I thought there might have been a song on his album that I was missing.

You Ought To See Her Fly Paradigm's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RubenIZMyne
    Clive Davis said something interesting in an interview,

<a href="http://et.tv.yahoo.com/tv/2004/05/19/americanidol_finalthree/">Click here for article</a>

Is it me or is Clive hinting that Fantasia doesn't win this thing? I know either way she has a record deal, but I was just wondering.
    How could he know who will win this thing, silly goose? Oh wait. We are talking about American Idol.
    Win or Lose: Diana Degarmo is my American Idol!

Clive Davis said something interesting in an interview

Thanks much, RubenIzMyne, for the Clive interview link. Very interesting.

Clive is saying that he will record Fantasia whether or not she wins. He is not predicting, however, who will win. He did indicate that he doesn't think Jasmine is up to snuff. He thinks Diana would be okay as an AI winner, but probably not up to competing with Christina Aguilera, Avril Lavigne, etc. on the sales charts.

Thanks much, RubenIzMyne, for the Clive interview link. Very interesting.

Clive is saying that he will record Fantasia whether or not she wins. He is not predicting, however, who will win. He did indicate that he doesn't think Jasmine is up to snuff. He thinks Diana would be okay as an AI winner, but probably not up to competing with Christina Aguilera, Avril Lavigne, etc. on the sales charts.
    And, while I wholeheartedly agree that Fantasia is head and shoulders above Diana and Jasmine, it does take some of the "edge" out of the competition to know that Fantasia definitely will get a recording contract regardless of whether she wins or not. Why bother to vote if you already know the end result will be the same? I'm not saying they shouldn't sign her, just that they should've kept it quiet until after the winner was announced. :rolleyes
    Well I was born in a small town
    And I can breathe in a small town
    Gonna die in this small town
    And that's prob'ly where they'll bury me

Actually, Fantasia is in good company. There are countless superstars who have thanked God for their Emmys and Oscars, but they haven't attended church as often as Fantasia, I'm sure.
    I don't think this is the same thing. Some people thank friends, family, God, etc., after they have won something and not right before votes are being cast. Call me a cynic and leave it to Simon to bluntly state something no one else will say.

Quote Originally Posted by Paradigm
    Interesting he said that. As rumour has it, the winner of AI3 was pre-determined according to someone who auditioned for the show. That winner was NOT Diana Digarmo. It has been all over since, esp. leaked on various sites and forums on the net. Simon or anyone else sure didn't sound like they were in awe of Diana last night. In fact they are constantly giving her a very "Vincent" treatment. If she deserves the kudos as he says then why is she constantly put down, even after a superb performance like last night (when credit was given to Clive for picking the song rather than Diana).
    Is this another one of those theories that says the show is fixed? It's hard to believe because wouldn't a contestant be able to sue? If they are told they are competing for a grand prize but it had already been decided who would win beforehand they would be able to sue.
    On the other hand that rumored, pre-determined person has to be Fantasia. It makes me think they picked her as a winner before the top 32. Maybe they even made sure no one else would get in who they thought could beat her. Hmmmm, maybe someone like Scooter Girl? Conspiracy theories can be so interesting.

That would really make Diana a little Seabiscuit.

Is it me or is Clive hinting that Fantasia doesn't win this thing? I know either way she has a record deal, but I was just wondering.
    I think he expects the voting portion of the American Idol audience will choose Diana. Fantasia ought to win but I expect Diana will be announced as AI #3. Diana's "flash in the pan" material which is looking disturbingly like the Idol trend although that's not quite tested since no one, even Kelly, has put out a 2nd album.

For the record, I've not seen any of these folks in concert and hated Clay's album, and Kelly's too actually. I'll be getting his holiday CD, though. Gotta support *The Voice* of the 21st Century.

Kim Lock's CD is not great, it's just kind of plain but at least it's a well rounded effort and probably my favorite of the 3 AI contestant CDs I've heard.

I'll be keeping an ear out for CDs from Fantasia, Latoya & Jennifer and possibly George, Amy or Diana too. The albums just aren't making the grade for me. You could *be* Whitney or Aretha in their prime and get these same bland songs and it wouldn't be any better.

RCA isn't trying to create long terms artists, despite Clive executive producing the debut albums. That's my opinion. Whitney's debut sold 15 million and had a half dozen major hit singles. Clive executive produced her debut so why isn't the same care being given to the Idol winners?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast