+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: **Possible Spoiler** Who Cowell Thinks will win AI3... little Seabiscuit

Quote Originally Posted by lurkinlady
    I agree with him on most of the things he said. I did think LaToya lacked warmth and personality, and I thought that night when she didn't have the fight in her to win that she was doomed. Really only a few contestants will have a chance at a career.

But sheesh, could he find anything nice to say about anyone? Why does he have to diss the past winners? What is his problem with Clay? It seems like in every interview and in his books he has to have snide comments about his success. I mean why say Clay doesn't want the next AI to do well and not Ruben or Kelly?
    I think Simon actually admires Clay for his ambition and probably wishes Ruben was more like him. Clay is really using the opportunities AI has given him.

I'd like to ask why he never has constructive criticism for anyone. He will put them down and say awful things and never have any suggestions for improvement.
    I don't think the judges are there as teachers. Although it wouldn't hurt to give the contestants a suggestion or two, since a lot of them just don't have much professional experience and it's hard to learn to be a great singer/performer in the course of a few weeks.

They so obviously are pushing for Fantasia now it's sickening. I think that will have backlash.
    I think so too. They are so shamelessly pushing Fantasia now and even from the beginning. I doubt Jasmine fans are going to rush and vote for Fantasia next week. But Simon does take Fantasia to task for using her daughter. Although I think the producers are the ones who used her daughter as a prop to give Fantasia a softer image.

Finally, someone mentions contestants making references to God as a way to get votes. Fantasia does this all the time and did it last night when she threw her hands up and thanked God after her performance. Most people, when they really mean it, thank God in a more private manner.
    Last edited by RubyRed; 05-19-2004 at 04:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by RubyRed
    Finally, someone mentions contestants making references to God as a way to get votes. Fantasia does this all the time and did it last night when she threw her hands up and thanked God after her performance. Most people, when they really mean it, thank God in a more private manner.
    I don't think so RubyRed. They showed her singing with her church and the congretation she belongs to is NOT about giving their thanks in private. They are about rejoicing and not being afraid to thank their God anywhere or anytime. Most southern churches are like this.

Quote Originally Posted by funnygirl422
    I don't think so RubyRed. They showed her singing with her church and the congretation she belongs to is NOT about giving their thanks in private. They are about rejoicing and not being afraid to thank their God anywhere or anytime. Most southern churches are like this.
    Actually I do think so. The AI stage is not a church. Both Clay and Ruben are religious and while they have acknowledged God and mentioned being grateful to God I never saw them use their religion in this manner. It's over the top in AI terms. If Diana or Jasmine did this after a good performance this people would be all over them for doing it.

Quote Originally Posted by RubyRed
    Actually I do think so. The AI stage is not a church. Both Clay and Ruben are religious and while they have acknowledged God and mentioned being grateful to God I never saw them use their religion in this manner. It's over the top in AI terms. If Diana or Jasmine did this after a good performance this people would be all over them for doing it.
    Actually, Fantasia is in good company. There are countless superstars who have thanked God for their Emmys and Oscars, but they haven't attended church as often as Fantasia, I'm sure.

Quote Originally Posted by pillbeam
    Actually, Fantasia is in good company. There are countless superstars who have thanked God for their Emmys and Oscars, but they haven't attended church as often as Fantasia, I'm sure.
    I love the peformers who rap about killing, sex, etc. that thank God during their accceptance speeches. Then grab their crotch. That's class at it's best.

HEFFERNAN Even a Clay Aiken concert?

COWELL Are you kidding? I wouldn't last a minute.
    I love Cowell.

I completely agree with everything he said. Totally. The arrogance, using the kids, Diana the stage school brat, viewers watching but not voting, it is all right on.

Quote Originally Posted by DJeterFan
    I love Cowell.

I completely agree with everything he said. Totally. The arrogance, using the kids, Diana the stage school brat, viewers watching but not voting, it is all right on.
    And, I admit, I'm one of those viewers watching but not voting. I just don't care that much who wins this year. If someone forced me to vote, I would go for Fantasia.

One thing that is really lacking this year is personality chemistry between contestants. Last year, Ruben, Clay and Kim Locke sang beautifully together and their friendship for each other was endearing. I was riveted to the show, not just because of Ruben's great work, but because of the energy of that dynamic trio.

Quote Originally Posted by funnygirl422
    I love the peformers who rap about killing, sex, etc. that thank God during their accceptance speeches. Then grab their crotch. That's class at it's best.

Ultimate American Idol RubenIZMyne's Avatar
    Clive Davis said something interesting in an interview,

"Fantasia is unique. I said last night that if I were in a basement in Kansas, the answer would be yes. She is in the chain of [great singers such as] ARETHA FRANKLIN and WHITNEY HOUSTON.

"If you asked me who I would sign outside of the competition, I would say Fantasia. Within the competition, if Diana wins, I would make the best record with her and watch her grow. Diana is growing; Fantasia is unique. She is showing a creative technique. I can't wait to work with her.
    <a href="http://et.tv.yahoo.com/tv/2004/05/19/americanidol_finalthree/">Click here for article</a>

Is it me or is Clive hinting that Fantasia doesn't win this thing? I know either way she has a record deal, but I was just wondering.

[QUOTE=idyllphan730]: I wouldn't go to a Ruben concert for a very large sum of money.

I have been to both Ruben concert and Clay (I went kicking and screaming).
    Rubens concert was off the hook, Clays was quite boring. And the person I went with was a Clay fan, but she even thought the concert was not to exciting, and when I dragged her(kicking and screaming) to the Ruben concert, she didn't think she would like it but ended up loving it. Clay's show was like going to a Barry Manilow concert, Barrys the bomb, he can sing and is one of the best, but boring.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast