+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Farley Flex, Judge

Farley Flex, Judge

[IMG]images/img/Farley_idol2_235.jpg[/IMG]

Farley Flex, a household name on the Canadian music scene, has been actively developing the urban market since the mid 80s. He began as a concert promoter and artist manager, managing Canada’s most successful solo rap artist, Maestro.

"Farley is our Mountain of Soul, with a heart of gold,” said Canadian Idol Executive Producer John Brunton. “He approaches everything he does with enormous integrity…and of course he injects our panel with ‘crazy flavour’.”

As the original music director for Toronto’s FLOW 93.5, Flex was very instrumental in submitting the CRTC applications that resulted in the first urban radio license in Canadian history. Since its launch in February of 2001, FLOW has built a strong and loyal audience. The popularity of FLOW has prompted other mainstream stations to adopt a more urban hip hop sound. Since then, five other urban licenses have been awarded by the CRTC. Flex was instrumental in the successful CRTC application for Standard Broadcasting’s urban radio station Vibe in Calgary and is currently working on the CHUM/Milestone (FLOW) application for an urban license in Edmonton.

Flex has spent his entire career discovering, promoting and developing new Canadian talent. He currently serves as a member on the board of VideoFACT, which is charged with funding the production of music videos for independent Canadian Artists.

VideoFACT has funded over 2700 projects by giving out more than $25 million to date. Some of Canada’s most successful musical acts have benefited from this invaluable service including, Céline Dion, k.d. lang, Kardinal Offishall, The Matthew Good Band, Jully Black, Swollen Members, Blue Rodeo, The Rascalz, Glenn Lewis, Sloan, Treble Charger, Sum 41, Hawksley Workman, Maestro, Bruce Cockburn, Great Big Sea and Sarah McLachlan, to name just a few.

Flex has also spent time on the FACTOR board (Foundation to Assist Canadian Talent on Record). helping Canadian Artists with financial assistance in the recording of music. Flex was also involved at the board level of the Canadian Independent Record Producers Association (CIRPA) which is the trade organization representing the independent sector of the Canadian music and sound recording industry.

Flex is the former Vice President of Business Development for FLOW 93.5 FM and oversaw the development of new business and Canadian Talent Development initiatives.

I liked Farley.
    Can't think of anything about him that bothered me at all last season and I think his critiques are well thought out and valuable to the performers too.
    "That's Numberwang!"

I also like Farley. He seems to always have a very positive attitude toward things.

I liked Farley too, and loved his rave reviews for my guy Billy Klippert.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

eny
    FORT Fogey
    I never read about his link to Videofact before . Very cool. I always remember the BNL's first Videofact video of the old Bruce Cockburn song.

Quote Originally Posted by Silverstar

I also like Farley. He seems to always have a very positive attitude toward things.

I think that's what Iliked about him the most.
    He was positive without beiung simpering like Paula is.

I also think the contestants really respected his opinion.
    In fact, I think the contestants were pretty respectful of all the judges, there was very little talking back.
    "That's Numberwang!"

Farley is my favorite Canadian Idol judge! I love him!!!!

I don't even remember Farley from last season, so either I have a really bad memory, or he's totally forgettable.

I like Farley. Heck, I like almost everyone on CI. We have great judges.
    Men are like slinkies... not really good for anything, but you can't help but smile as you see one tumble down the stairs.

xSKATExORxCRYx
    Farley was the only judge whose opinion I really cared about -- with maybe Jake coming in second (and last).

Sass and Zach are just cartoon versions of their American counterparts. Get REAL personalities, THEN start judging!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast