+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: So...are you going to watch until the end?

So...are you going to watch until the end?

Each time a contestant got voted off that many people liked, I'd read their posts and they'd say, "That's it! Now that John, George, Jennifer...et al...got kicked off, I'm no longer watching!"

But....ARE you, or were they just idol threats?

For me, I stopped watching the show after the LaToya upset. I can't devote time to watching 2/3 rds of a show I'm not interested in.

My friends and I, who would normally block out Tuesday and Wednesday for Idol are intentionally doing things that are interesing and cool, to take the depression and futility away from the event.

Tonight: softball and beer, $25.00
    Tomorrow: Hellboy and popcorn, $10.00
    Not having my heart torn out by results, Priceless

So, are you sticking to it, through to the bitter end, or have you just gained two extra days to your life and what are you doing with them?
    Still crazy, after all these shears

"lambikins, put the crack pipe down and back away from the keyboard." Unklescott

"lambikins... I have come to the conclusion that you are the Jedi Master of the Kitchen on FORT!" SuperBrat

Probably will watch till the end, though if things don't go "my way" in the voting my interest could wane.

As long as Fantasia is on AI, I'll be watching and jammin to her beat!
    leave the gun...take the canolis - The Godfather

I'll probably continue to watch.
    I was hoping to not care who won this season and I don't,as long as it's not Jasmine.
    "That's Numberwang!"

I still haven't decided if I'm going to watch tonight. I find the show very boring lately. But watching AI has become such an ingrained habit that I may watch anyway.

I am curious to see what Clive Davis is like as a judge since he has such a big say in the future of the contestants, but I'm not sure it's worth the time.

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar
    I might watch, but I won't be as interested in it. I won't be rushing home to make sure I don't miss it. I will rely on Lobeck's wonderful recaps to keep me up-to-date
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

I'll continue to watch as long as Fantasia is on. I didn't watch the show last night, cuz Fantasia only sang one song and I didn't want to sit through Diana and Jas. If LaToya had also been on last night, I'd have watched (hear that, AI producers and advertisers?) I'm kinda bored by the ever-perky Diana, and Jasmine has failed to stay on tune for the last several weeks. I won't watch any finale pre-show with Diana and Jas as the finalists, but I'll watch the actual finale for Ruben's solo, since they'll probably invite him back for the last show, like they did Kelly last year. And a Ruben-Fantasia duet would be pretty cool.
    Last edited by pillbeam; 05-18-2004 at 02:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by combatcutie
    I will rely on Lobeck's wonderful recaps to keep me up-to-date
    See, that's exactly what I'm doing; reading Lobeck's recap. That's good enough for me now.
    Still crazy, after all these shears

"lambikins, put the crack pipe down and back away from the keyboard." Unklescott

"lambikins... I have come to the conclusion that you are the Jedi Master of the Kitchen on FORT!" SuperBrat

Quote Originally Posted by fluff
    I'll probably continue to watch.
    I was hoping to not care who won this season and I don't,as long as it's not Jasmine.
    I definitely agree with that unless Jasmine blows me away tonight. If she sings well tonight, I will be the first to admit it. Right now my votes are up in the air.
    Last edited by WomynLee; 05-18-2004 at 02:15 PM.

You can't see Hellboy tomorrow. Tamyra is performing two songs from her CD that night. I heard clips from rough studio versions of the songs and they are tight (that means good).

I guess I'm going to watch it tonight and next Tuesday maybe. I'm kinda curious to see if the remaining contenders can raise thier game to a LaToyian level, excluding Fantasia because she has proven herself to me. Next season is the big question for me, if no changes are made I think I will skip out on it.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast