+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: So...are you going to watch until the end?

I've threatened this on many a show, yet all of them I'm still glued to and AI3 is no exception. I may claim that I'm never watching again and blahblahblah, but that's normally the anger/disappointment of the moment speaking and I'll tune straight back in the next episode. I'm just thankful (as others have mentioned already) that I'm not as attached as I've been in past seasons, I invested a lot of myself in Clay and Kimberly last year and am glad I followed those all the way through despite their not winning as they've really used AI for a great springboard to make their careers continue after the show. Anyways, yep I'll be watching just to see what happens, but I really don't forsee myself going out and wanting any of the albums that this year's finalists might release.

Nerds Just Wanna Have Fun Boredom's Avatar
    I'll watch, unless Fantasia gets voted off. I could stomach Diana winning, if Fantasia is at least in the final two. I wouldn't be able to stomach a Diana-Jasmine finale.

I watched tonight because I didn't have any conflict with watching.

Did I have more important things to do? Yes.
    More exciting things to do/watch tonight? No.
    I could watch while surfing the net. Fine.

Next week, I'll have access to cable, so I may find something more interesting to watch -- like CNN.

Last year I would race home to watch AI2 or diligently tape it. (That was because of one particular contestant, not because of Simon's wit and Randy's cool.) Then I would vote my fingers off. This year, no such involvement.

It's just another show. If it were competing with Survivor, The West Wing, The Practice, The Apprentice, or even Jeopardy, I probably would have missed most of it.
    Last edited by Grisabella; 05-19-2004 at 01:48 AM.
    Dogs have owners. Cats have staff. ;-D

I decided I was done after last week, now that my favorites are all gone (George and LaToya). I find Diana extremely annoying and Fantasia a little annoying. I tuned in briefly just to see if Jasmine could pull it off, and I'm sad to say I don't think so.

FORT Regular

Why even watch

To me the hype is over. The excitement gone. We already know who is going to win. Simon, himself, even told Fantashia to turn around and read the sign behind her. So to me, if Fantashia is the winner then why even keep the ratings up. We already know Jasmine is gone and it will be Diana and Fantashia. Fantashia will win and Diana in 2nd. So why even bother watching. To me it is just getting boring.

I'll tune into Superstar (hoax).

Quote Originally Posted by drama queen
    To me the hype is over. The excitement gone. We already know who is going to win. Simon, himself, even told Fantashia to turn around and read the sign behind her. So to me, if Fantashia is the winner then why even keep the ratings up. We already know Jasmine is gone and it will be Diana and Fantashia. Fantashia will win and Diana in 2nd. So why even bother watching. To me it is just getting boring.

I'll tune into Superstar (hoax).
    You are SO wrong. By doing all of that last night, they all but guaranteed that Tasia will not be in the finals. That's how this season has gone. I am actually hoping Tasia is voted out tonight, but nothing will surprise me at this point. Jasmine has a very strong fan base and they will vote for her regardless.

tv guy
    Since LaToya got the boot, I've had the show on as background noise while doing work around the house...I'll finish the season just to see how much more the show can get screwed up, but as for next season, I'm through with it. This show hasn't just jumped the shark, it's sailed over the shark, landed on its side, and slid out the other side of the parking lot!

FORT Fogey
    Well, I was sitting in my dorm room with nothing else to do since stuff dont get hopping til after idol goes off anyways. Had something on tv been on I would not have watched. I definately wont be able ot watch tonight though so im looking forward to learning what happens here.

I most likely will watch next week no matter what happens tonight, but I will enjoy it much more if Fantasia will be still standing and singing.
    ps. This is just my opinion in the matter.

You know, I always say "I'm done with this show"-- but even when I don't watch it I'm totally glued to the message boards.

And I'm completely tied up with this show on such a personal level, I couldn't extricate myself if I wanted to (and I do...but also...I don't).

I'm so embarrassed to say this...but kind of proud, in a lame sort of way: I actually receive fan mail for on of the (ex) contestants this season. Like, a lot of fan mail.

So, I'm stuck to this stupid show like glue.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345