+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Clive Davis: Will he be honest?

Clive Davis: Will he be honest?

Well as you all know Clive Davis will be the guest Judge this Tuesday. All the other judges except for QT have been just as nice and sweet as Paula no matter how they performed (and Donna Summers one time with Jasmin). So do you think Clive Davis will give a honest opinion of the performance. IMO he will give a honest critique, he is the CEO and president of J records and he has never been one to hold back on what he thinks. I think he will tell it like he sees it at the same time not overly harsh on the youngins if they have a bad perfornce.

I dont think he'll be brutally honest..I mean what would he do if the person who he got stuck into later became the American Idol. He'd have a bit of backtracking to do.

It will be very interesting to hear what he has to say. He has a good eye for talent and probably isn't as biased as the judges. Doesn't he help produce the album of the winner? He could be an honest judge without being too harsh if someone flubs things. He could be the most interesting judge to date.

Quote Originally Posted by RubyRed
    Doesn't he help produce the album of the winner?
    I could be wrong, so someone correct me if I am, but I think that the winner gets a contrat with his label, so I think he will be executive producer. Isn't Ruben and Clay on J records. Like I said if I'm wrong someone correct me.

Nerds Just Wanna Have Fun Boredom's Avatar
    Ruben is on J Records and Clay is on RCA. Clive Davis lords over both of them. Anyways, I honestly don't think that he'll be honest. He's probably in it for the money, and making people mad won't help with that.

Quote Originally Posted by boredouttamind
    Ruben is on J Records and Clay is on RCA. Clive Davis lords over both of them. Anyways, I honestly don't think that he'll be honest. He's probably in it for the money, and making people mad won't help with that.
    Yeah I just checked:
    Ruben: J records
    Clay: RCA
    Kelly: RCA

and he is CEO over both. But I think he just might be honest, he will get the money no matter what. And he has never bit his tongue and alwas did what he wanted to do, when he was in charge of ARISTA they told him not to sign Prince, but he said whatever and did anyway even though he knew he would get ousted. I think he will be honest, but not to harsh, very constructive.

I think he will be honest, I could see him dishing out some harsh comments.

Quote Originally Posted by AIWANNABE
    I think he will be honest, I could see him dishing out some harsh comments.
    Me to, he's not afraid to speak his mind.
    I'll get you my pretty, and your little dog too...

I think he will, and I'll think he'll be looking for someone he can market, just like Simon. (This explains Carmen's spot last year, and Simon admitted it in his book. He also alluded to the problems in marketing Clay and Kimberley, though he was impressed by both). I have no idea what he's looking for, but maybe since they've already got Kelly, who appeals to the TRL-set mainly, this might count against Jas or Diana. Then again, Fantasia might be compared to others already in the market. Clive is a smart businessman who knows what he likes. He rightly gushed over Clay last year, and Clay's done pretty well for himself.
    "The difference between reality and fiction? Fiction has to make sense."
    Good luck to the Good Guys on the Inferno!

FORT Fan
    He won't be honest.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast