+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Clive Davis: Will he be honest?

Quote Originally Posted by pillbeam
    I don't see how a tuneless Jasmine could suit any record label.

Regarding Clive, I don't expect him to be honest, given his conflict of interest.
    There is really no conflic of interest, whoever wins he will be brutaly honest when he works with them, he is one to not hold his ongue.

Clive Davis is undoubtedly a very shrewd individual. I'm guessing he will employ the art of "damning with faint praise" rather than completely shredding anyone's performance. I think that if last week Simon had used some restraint and said something like, "that was a passable performance -- a little flat here and there, but I've certainly heard worse," Jasmine would not be in the competition this week.
    Ipse dixit.

I keep losing my keys!!!! royalcloudjumpe's Avatar
    I hope he's honest.

One thing I am always curious about when we have guest judges is that they already have there favorites there and are completely biased.

Does anyone else ever think this?
    Alanis Morissette - So-Called Chaos GO BUY YOURS NOW!!
    Mrs. Dalloway said she'd buy the flowers herself today.
    Diana DeGarmo, she almost had it all

Quote Originally Posted by JoKeRsJiNx
    There is really no conflic of interest, whoever wins he will be brutaly honest when he works with them, he is one to not hold his ongue.
    Here's the conflict: Clive will have to promote and sell whomever wins this contest. That task would be much harder for him if he was truly honest about someone's [Jasmine, anyone?] horrid singing.

Unlikely hypothetical scenario:

Honest Clive, May 18: "Gee Jasmine, you were completely out of tune and off the beat. And your vocal projection was poor. You are just not in the same league as Fantasia or Diana."

Jasmine wins May 26: Clive to the public: "Buy Jasmine's record. She's a great singer!" Clive to Jasmine: "I'm really looking forward to working with you."

That would be one conflicted Clive Davis.

Quote Originally Posted by pillbeam
    That would be one conflicted Clive Davis.
    That's just hypocritical and it's also the music business today pillbeam.

Quote Originally Posted by rilond
    I don't think he will be totally honest. He will be honest to his wallet. Whichever one he feels at this point will bring in the dollars for him. I understand he will be picking one of the songs for each contestant. THey will sing (3) songs. Davis will pick, producers will pick and the contestants will get to pick their song.
    I will read the results of this show in the newspaers tomorrow or see it on tv. I'm out of here. I will no longer watch this show or any other show. The show is rigged.
    Since you will no longer watch this or any other show does that mean you have a TV for sale? Are you going back to the golden age of Radio?

Quote Originally Posted by royalcloudjumpe
    I hope he's honest.

One thing I am always curious about when we have guest judges is that they already have there favorites there and are completely biased.

Does anyone else ever think this?
    Yes I think they're biased, or at least some of them. They tend to parrot whatever the other judges say, especially when it come to the chosen favorites.

On the other hand Clive Davis may not do this since he will have a hand in making the album of the winner. I think he will choose his words carefully.

I think Clive was fairly honest; however, his love for Fantasia was all too apparent. Fantasia did not do that great of a job on that last number, "Greatest Love of All." He's sold on her and will give her a contract regardless how it turns out. :rolleyes

I think he was pretty honest with all of them
    I'll get you my pretty, and your little dog too...

Quote Originally Posted by DezBelle
    I think he was pretty honest with all of them
    Me, too, which, I gotta admit, surprised me.
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast