+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Clive Davis: Will he be honest?

You Ought To See Her Fly Paradigm's Avatar
    He might be honest. Being honest has nothing to do with being harsh, btw. Especially after the backlash of last week, I think most of the judges will be cautious as to what they say.
    Win or Lose: Diana Degarmo is my American Idol!

I hope "the ear" as he's known remembers to bring plugs.

I think Clive will compliment as well as critique. He will mention what he likes, make suggestions, and possibly mention a flaw or two.

This will be very tough on the judges because they cannot afford to be honest as they did last week. Be honest - not harsh is the best route to go.

This man is a genius!

<i> Clive Davis helped shape the modern music industry as president of CBs' Records Division and as president and founder of Arista Records.

[Member of the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame]
    Last edited by Kariann1; 05-17-2004 at 06:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Paradigm
    He might be honest. Being honest has nothing to do with being harsh, btw. Especially after the backlash of last week, I think most of the judges will be cautious as to what they say.

I agree, I think he'll be honest without being harsh. I think more than anything, Clive would use this week to get a feel for each finalist so he knows what to expect when he works with them. Out of the 3 remaining contestants, I think Fantasia will suit J Records more while Jasmine and Diana would suit RCA.

Quote Originally Posted by Fanatic277

I agree, I think he'll be honest without being harsh. I think more than anything, Clive would use this week to get a feel for each finalist so he knows what to expect when he works with them. Out of the 3 remaining contestants, I think Fantasia will suit J Records more while Jasmine and Diana would suit RCA.
    I don't see how a tuneless Jasmine could suit any record label.

Regarding Clive, I don't expect him to be honest, given his conflict of interest.

dvm
    Get off the hate train.
    I think he will be diplomatic.

Quote Originally Posted by pillbeam
    I don't see how a tuneless Jasmine could suit any record label.

Regarding Clive, I don't expect him to be honest, given his conflict of interest.
    I agree, I think Jasmine is tuneless and shouldn't have a record contract. But if she wins, she'll get the contract, I seriously doubt they'll withdraw it.

FORT Regular
    I don't think he will be totally honest. He will be honest to his wallet. Whichever one he feels at this point will bring in the dollars for him. I understand he will be picking one of the songs for each contestant. THey will sing (3) songs. Davis will pick, producers will pick and the contestants will get to pick their song.
    I will read the results of this show in the newspaers tomorrow or see it on tv. I'm out of here. I will no longer watch this show or any other show. The show is rigged.

Quote Originally Posted by Fanatic277
    I agree, I think Jasmine is tuneless and shouldn't have a record contract. But if she wins, she'll get the contract, I seriously doubt they'll withdraw it.
    Yes, if Jasmine wins, she will be recorded. But I think LaToya or Fantasia would also be recorded and promoted as the unspoken "real" winner. The very talented LaToya and Fantasia will be upstaging Jasmine on tour, anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by pillbeam
    Yes, if Jasmine wins, she will be recorded. But I think LaToya or Fantasia would also be recorded and promoted as the unspoken "real" winner. The very talented LaToya and Fantasia will be upstaging Jasmine on tour, anyway.

My favorites are Jennifer, LaToya, Fantasia and Diana. Those 4 interest me the most and I think they have the best voices. As long as they get record contracts, I'm happy!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast