+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Is the audience really deciding the outcome?

FORT Newbie

Is the audience really deciding the outcome?

I thought this article was very enlightening: http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmp...merican_idol_5 about the vote tallies. Are there even enough phone lines to handle the volume of calls made possible by allowing limitless voting? Sad when even business publications such as this broadcast journal are reporting on the skewed voting results :phhht . Maybe this will be a wake up call for FOX, but I doubt it...

Quote Originally Posted by apriltree
    I thought this article was very enlightening: http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmp...merican_idol_5 about the vote tallies. Are there even enough phone lines to handle the volume of calls made possible by allowing limitless voting? Sad when even business publications such as this broadcast journal are reporting on the skewed voting results :phhht . Maybe this will be a wake up call for FOX, but I doubt it...
    I just made a lenghty post in the Changing the Voting System about this. Its even worse than I imagined. I was speculating 80-100 million, not 200+ million. With this knowledge, why vote, this is obviously a contest of which contestants fans are most willing to power vote through busy signals for two hours. That's why Latoya lost and why Fantasia probably won't win unless her fans take this as a personal challange. If anybody gets to interview the producers they should be grilled on this topic.

Quote Originally Posted by VoiceOfReason
    I just made a lenghty post in the Changing the Voting System about this. Its even worse than I imagined. I was speculating 80-100 million, not 200+ million. With this knowledge, why vote, this is obviously a contest of which contestants fans are most willing to power vote through busy signals for two hours. That's why Latoya lost and why Fantasia probably won't win unless her fans take this as a personal challange. If anybody gets to interview the producers they should be grilled on this topic.
    Do Fantasia's fans not power vote too? Or maybe some are and the vote is still the same.

Quote Originally Posted by toybox56
    Do Fantasia's fans not power vote too? Or maybe some are and the vote is still the same.
    I'm sure they do but I don't think she has as many power voters as Diana and Jasmine has the Hawaii advantage unless they intentially shut off some of her phone lines while Hawaii votes. I think LaToya fans (definitely) and Fantasia fans (maybe) are the most likely to call 10 times, get one vote in, and say forget it. Maybe after last weeks results Fantasia might be able to compete power vote wise with the others.

well i was trying to vote for fantasia with my auto call back from a busy signal. it never went through! i even re-did it after 2 hours of nothing. do i think that the voting is a scam! oh yeah! you tell me why my autodial, which should still go through if the lines open for a split second, didn't go through. if fantasia doesnt make it through tonight then we will know for sure.

Yeah mulvajo, same exact situation for me last night. Two hours of non-stop dialing for Fantasia with nothing to show for it.

+ Reply to Thread