+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Who's YOUR Next American Idol

DetroitRockCity
    Fantasia - most definitely. I didn't see her audition performance but when I heard her sing Something to Talk About, I flipped. I said this girl is alright with me. She rocks and she can bring it down and make you cry...a true ARTIST. She has the IT factor that stars possess.

Quote Originally Posted by FantasiaRules
    Fantasia - most definitely. I didn't see her audition performance but when I heard her sing Something to Talk About, I flipped. I said this girl is alright with me. She rocks and she can bring it down and make you cry...a true ARTIST. She has the IT factor that stars possess.
    Fantasia All The Way!! She did "Proud Mary" for her audition... awesome!! She sang "Somethin' To Talk About" for us at her homecoming on Thursday! She's so amazing! She Rocks My World!!

Quote Originally Posted by Justafan1
    I cannot STAND Diana.

Yes she can sing but it's not all about the voice.

Her all-american girl personality with all that false giggling and the false enthusiasm just doesn't appeal to me.

Of course, JMO.

So by your post you must have actually "been inside of her head and mind and emtions" and KNOW these things are fake? Just my .02 but glad she's not a smart*** like Fantasia.

FORT Newbie
    For the first time in my AI history, I really don't have a preference who wins. I really was impressed with Jasmine in the first couple of rounds, but she seems to be losing steam. On the other hand, I didn't really like Fantasia OR Diana at the beginning but I really have started to like both. So I guess my feelings will totally be determined by their performances in the next couple of rounds.

Snaps for John!
    Hmmm...of all the ladies, I'd have to say ABJ-anybody but Jasmine. I really mean no offense to the Jasmine fans, she seems like a sweet, sweet girl and has great potential and tons of talent. However, I think she has made it far enough and can go far without winning this show, which I don't think she deserves to win.
    I heard someone, and I think it was on this board, compare AI to a sort of company that puts out fast food restaurants. We have a Clay "restaurant" for the teenyboppers (or really anyone as long as they're female ) , a Kelly for the pop-rock sort of thing, a Ruben for smooth soul and a Kim for female soul-pop. This person, "props" to them, predicted that the winner would be a teen girl to compete in the Hilary Duff market, or a hip-hop soul type female with more "edge" than Ruben to compete with Macy Gray, Beyonce, Alicia, et al. Well, now no matter who wins that will happen. I think next year a white male will win, because one never has. Just guessing.
    Anyhoo, Fantasia and Diana are lovely, deserving and both have a bright future. I'm proud of both.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack_Bauer
    So by your post you must have actually "been inside of her head and mind and emtions" and KNOW these things are fake? Just my .02 but glad she's not a smart*** like Fantasia.
    Do you know those things are not fake? She is neither the saint nor the devil, none of us have been "inside her head", everything is just our impressions, and the impressions vary.

Personally I would like the smarta** Fantasia to be the next American Idol. She has the voice, the uniqueness, the star quality, the personality, the spunk... Her attitude is great, and she knows who she is. I don't know if this makes sense to anyone, but to me, if Fantasia wins she will be "Fantasia" not "American Idol 2004".
    ps. This is just my opinion in the matter.

Nerds Just Wanna Have Fun Boredom's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack_Bauer
    ...but wouldn't you have to be inside Fantasia's head to know that she's actually a smartass? Personally, I wouldn't go as far as saying that there's anything fake about Fantasia or Diana - all I know is that (in my opinion) Diana is a little bit more bubbly than a hyper 3 year old after being given an extremely large piece of cake, and that really annoys me.

Foster Your Inner Kacey BobDobolina's Avatar
    Sheesh, you people are so easily annoyed!

Quote Originally Posted by AIWANNABE
    BTW Bob, great avatar, she looks hot there. Where is it from?
    It's from Wednesday's show. I think they had her all made up for a magazine shoot or something.

FORT Fogey
    I think its important for Fantasia to win, not only to maintain some semblance of credibility of the show, but for what will be released as a CD.

For example, it seems as though Kelly had the soulfulness completely sucked from her to appeal to the "masses" [not going there]. What some people liked about her was that there was this white girl with a big voice doing Aretha pretty well, which you dont often see. Her CD seemed very much like every other non-descript pop album. Although, Kim Locke wasnt signed by anyone affiliated with the show, the same was done to her. She also had the soul sucked from her. I absolutely hate that single; its just another generic pop song not worthy of her talent and voice. I also expected something more mature from Clay, but his wasnt that bad. I think his cd is for the most part very Clay. I think he had the potential to do something very mature though. I think Ruben stayed close to his style. I havent heard Tamyra's yet so I cant respond about her and we got exactly what we thought we were going to get from Justin....

That being said, do we another generic pop album which we are assured to get from Diana. I know people will argue differently but they would be disingenuous. I think Fantasia has the potential to really do something special.

Also, I think LaToya not winning might be her best bet. And from her interviews I think she knows this. I think she will have some control over her CD and the music she chooses to sing. From her interviews after being voted off and song selections, it seems that she really understand music and has something in mind as to what she wants it to feel like.

FORT Fanatic
    Even if Jasmine is my number 1 favorite of the 12, I would like to see Diana win with Fantasia coming in 2nd, and the last booted 2 eventually being signed and having equal success as the winner.

+ Reply to Thread