+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 16 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Is it time for AI to "Jump the Shark"?

Is it time for AI to "Jump the Shark"?

It's sort of a sad vibe I've been getting and sensing around other forums... do you think it's time for AI to say "adios"?

I happen to think the magic is gone.

But that's just me.

What do you think?

I do agree to a point that AI has lost it's 'flare', but I doubt it is going anywhere. All Fox cares about getting ratings and that is what AI is doing for them.

I think for AI to regain its flare they are going to have to change the system around. If that means having a higher cut-off date, changing the voting system, or changing the rules altogether, thats what AI may need.

Quote Originally Posted by AIWANNABE
    I think for AI to regain its flare they are going to have to change the system around. If that means having a higher cut-off date, changing the voting system, or changing the rules altogether, thats what AI may need.

And I think changing the age limit to 18 also.

I don't think Idol is going anywhere..I would like to see some changes before next season. Definitley bumping up the age to 18 and I would also like to see some fresh faces at the judges table. Simon stays..but I'd like to see Randy or Paula or both replaced. Time for a fresh point of view.
    "Someone forgot to drink their courageous juice this morning" from "Psych"

bop
    FORT Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by kitschcakes
    do you think it's time for AI to say "adios"?
    sh*t yeah

Foster Your Inner Kacey BobDobolina's Avatar
    I don't think so. I think for the majority of viewers, last year was their "magic obsessive year", and there's no way that this year could live up to that. And I think that it's further exacerbated by the fact that a lot of those viewers prefer male voices for which there was a shortage of this year.

For me that obsessive year was the 1st year and last year did not live up to my expectations, much like some people are feeling this year. But for me AI has rebounded, and I've enjoyed it much more. I don't think there's anything qualitatively different between the years, i.e. that any magic was lost. If anything, the overall quality has increased every year. But, at the end of the day, there's just nothing like your first...

I do agree that they need to change up some of the rules and the voting mechanism.

Up Where They Belong SurvivorGirl's Avatar
    No way. This is my "magic obsessive year" because I didn't watch the last 2 seasons. And I would like it to stay around for a while.

But they do need to change the voting system.

Snellville... hometown of music's next big superstar.
    For the longest time this season I thought it had. Now I'm starting to change my mind. I agree that nothing compares to the first season you watched (AI 2 for me.)
    YDiana DeGarmo One VoiceY

She dreamed... the impossible dream. She fought the unbeatable foe.
    She's still standing better than she ever did...

This is it! This time I know it's for real.

MY AMERICAN IDOL
    Did you think this fool could never win? Look at her, she's coming back again!

I started watching from the first season, which did nothing for me. AI2 is the season which had the magic in my eyes.

A I FAN ALL 5 YEARS pokealot214's Avatar
    far northern Minnesota usually, but wherever my job takes me!
    I'd have to say no way. If you look at my avatar, you'll see I've been a fan all 3 years. Even though for the first 2 years that meant finding a place where I could park my tractor-trailer long enough to catch the show twice a week and vote. This forum is new to me though and has enhanced the experience for me as I now don't have to keep my opinions to myself as much. If they continue the show, I'll keep watching it, probably even if they change it. I think they should pretty much leave things how they've been, but I am a status quo kinda guy.
    only here occasionally due to work schedule... here mentally even less BTW... you can just call me poke

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 16 1234567891011 ... LastLast