+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Is it time for AI to "Jump the Shark"?

I will watch American Idol no matter what, whatever they may do to the rules

I Will Watch It No Matter What, But If Js Would Have Won, It Would Have Lost Something.

Quote Originally Posted by DezBelle
    I Will Watch It No Matter What, But If Js Would Have Won, It Would Have Lost Something.
    SAME THING WITH DIANA, IF SHE WINS, I WILL LOOSE SOMETHING. WATCHING DIANA SING, TALK, OR SMILE IS LIKE BEING ON A AIRPLANE WITH ONE OF THOSE TO PERKY IRRITATING FLIGHT ATTENDANTS.

I have not been as interested this year as I was last year. That is mainly because the judges have tried to cram one person down everyone's throats. By now, we are all well aware that they think she should win. Now how about letting us make our own decisions. I didn't watch the first year.

I think their success depends on the show's Top 12.

I think the show should wait a couple of years after this series finishes instead of launching back into it.
    I think if they didnt do it for 2005, but instead for 06 then a lot of people would miss it and appreciate it more.
    Mario Vazquez - Still My American Idol

I think AI has one more good year left.

* Paula could be replaced by someone like Debbie Gibson. Randy could be replaced by a Jackson...err, Jermaine Jackson, that is. Simon is Simon, but I would hope next year he would be more interested in the show. So what if you don't understand Country. In the off season, take the time to learn!

* Yes, they have pushed who they want to win down our throats. It will only get worse when they get to the Final Three.

* I don't think they will change the voting system because they use it as a basis for the popularity of the show. Higher votes=charging more for an ad on the show.

* Raising the age to 18 would be better all around. It is very difficult to be in school and meet the demands of the competition. There would not be a need for the parent/relative chaperone. Think about it...there is 9 years between Diane and Latoya (I believe it is nine.) Quite the gap. The age limit is 16-24 (at the audition); it should be changed, 18 to 25 years old. Yes, you can market a 26 year-old!

* The producers should emphasize the importance of the FINAL TWELVE! No one should be selected if you cannot picture him/her in the TOP THREE!

* They must do something about the length of the commercial time! My VCR goes from pause to stop after four minutes. Way too many to watch. :phhht

P. S. Listening to Clay last year was a joy!
    Last edited by Kariann1; 05-08-2004 at 11:39 AM.

I actually think this year's Top 12 was pretty good. I think they all get a bad rep-- but they were all fine. I blame the overly-specific themes. If people could have had more freedom in song choice, they wouold've been able to choose songs more appropriate to their style and voice and it would tell us more about what kind of sound they would bring to the business in general.

Being able to sing 'Salsa' or 'Disco' says absolutely zilch about "versatility", IMHO.
    Has Clay sung any Disco on his new CD? Has Ruben ?

I think the craptastic themed weeks contributed to a craptastic result come Tuesday nights for this year's crop.

I like all the contestants this year, so I feel bad dogging them.
    I think, overall, the talent pool was even a little better than the year before.

But, as someone mentioned above, maybe last year was my "magic" year and this season can't quite compare.

I also think they my "puppy love" crush-contestant went home a wee too early and it really killed my interest in the show.

That could be it, too.

I honestly think that without Amy Adams, Jennifer Hudson, JPL and Matt Rogers-- this Top 12 would have been duller than bricks. Whatever they added to the show was something major, because each time one of them went home the show lost a spark.

"Talent" alone doesn't make this show worth watching if you can't care about the contestants.

JMHO. Thanks for bearing with

FORT Fan
    Survivor made a comeback with "Pearl Islands" after a few lackluster installments.

American Idol 4 can rebound just by doing two things: Broader themes (for me, I'd love to see a Classic Rock night theme, and the rumors of Bob Dylan being a guest judge appears to me that the producers know they have to improve the show), but most important, for the producers and judges to pick a Top 32 in which each and every person has great vocal talent, over and above whether they have interesting personalities.

WORD, refugee, WORD. Word. Wordy McWord.
    I totally agree.

They need to up the quality of each week's theme. Disco? Sucks. Salsa? Uh, not for contestants in this type of competition.

And does it HAVE to be a "pop" winner? I loved Kurt Nilsen of "World Idol" and he's barely "pop"ish. I just think the winner should either be able to sing well and bring something fun or interesting to the table. Well...and be marketable. I think fabulous singers who fail to engage me aren't worth the effort of voting. If they get up and sing and within 20 seconds I'm up to get some pop or do laundry-- something's wrong.

Just my $.02 more.

+ Reply to Thread