+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tamyra Grays Cd Out May 25th!

Tamyra Grays Cd Out May 25th!

it appears that tamyra grays cd " the dreamer"will be out on may 25th.tamyra will also appear on american idol on may 19th to perform 2 songs from the cd. tamyra may also perform on the final episode on may 26th as well!

tamyra's cd is now up at amazon for sale for may 25th! the label listed is "19 records"

tamyra,s cd is going to be released by the universal music group!tamyra has her own official site as well! tamyra gray.com which has a great picture for the cd cover plus a message from tamyra!

Thanks for the update jdanton2. I will be purchasing her cd
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

Quote Originally Posted by thablaquekatt
    Didnt Tamyra already perform Raindrops Will Fall about 3 or 4 wks ago?
    She will at least be performing Raindrops Will Fall on May 19th, possible another song also. She will be doing Raindrops Will Fall again because that will be the first single. Hopefully she will be doing the full version of the song instead for the shortened for TV purposes version.

I am hearing different things on the song Star. That song is also written by Tamyra and will be the new idol anthem. Either it will be sung on May 19 also or will be sung on the finale on May 26th to crown the new winner.

tamyra is on simon fullers new label!

SIMON FULLER LAUNCHES RECORD LABEL

Creator of “American Idol” Announces Debut Album By Tamyra Gray
    As First Release on May 25th

Los Angeles, CA (May 18, 2004) – Simon Fuller has announced the US launch of his new record label, 19 Recordings. Tom Ennis, former record label executive and current vice president of 19 Entertainment, will run the newly established label, which will be headquartered in New York and distributed through Universal Music and Video Distribution.

The first artist to be released on this imprint is Tamyra Gray, finalist from the first season of “American Idol,” who recently returned to the “AI” stage to perform her single, “Raindrops Will Fall,” a stunning ballad from her upcoming solo effort, The Dreamer, slated to be released on May 25th. She will grace the “Idol” stage again on May 19th, performing two tracks from her album, including an encore of “Raindrops Will Fall,” as well as “Star.” Gray’s performance credits include a recurring role on “Boston Public” in 2003, as well as an appearance on “Tru Calling” in April 2004.

”Tamyra Gray is one of those rare artists that everyone wants to move heaven and earth for,” stated Simon Fuller. “I couldn’t think of a better artist to launch 19 Recordings in America,” he continued.

“American Idol” ranks as the #1 program of the season among Adults 18-49 and Total Viewers.

About 19 Entertainment / Simon Fuller

Simon Fuller has had a profound influence on global pop culture. At 21, he scored his first hit by signing the then-unknown song “Holiday” – Madonna’s first hit to Chrysalis Music in the UK. His career as a manager started in 1985 when he set up “19”. He has gone on to become one of the most respected and influential forces within the global entertainment industry. He managed the development of Oscar and Grammy winner Annie Lennox’s solo career and he created and managed the Spice Girls, who went on to sell 40 million albums and became a global phenomenon. This was followed by the international television and music success of S Club 7. The group sold over 10 million CDs while their four television series were sold to over 100 countries around the world.

In 2002 Simon Fuller created and launched the incredible global success story that is the Pop Idol
    television property. All the artists discovered through the show are contracted to 19 Entertainment.

This includes Kelly Clarkson, Ruben Studdard, Clay Aiken, Will Young and Gareth Gates to name just a few. The company has built up an unprecedented roster of top music producers, songwriters and artists playing a fundamental role in the creation of hit records for artists including Madonna, U2 Oasis, Celine Dion, Eurythmics, Kylie Minogue, Janet Jackson and Britney Spears.

Today, 19 is recognized as a leading creator, provider and promoter of globally successful, music based entertainment, or “Entertainment Brands”. 19 has attracted a unique collection of expertise in people who work together to integrate and leverage activity across television, music film, merchandising, music publishing, recording, artist/writer and producer management, sponsorship and promotion. To date, 19 has been involved in the creation of 101 Number 1 singles and 81 Number 1 albums with an impressive tally of 233 To 40 albums and 389 Top 40 singles.

Tamyra's performance on AI3 last night was wonderful. I didn't remember how beautiful her voice was and how much I missed hearing her until last night. Her song "Star" was great. I will be in line to buy her CD....Way to go Tamyra
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

Tamyra cowrote the single for the winner of american idol this year! the song " I Believe" was co written with Sam Watters the former member of Color ME Badd who also cowrote and co produced songs on Tamyra's upcoming cd "The Dreamer"!

Tamyra's CD is excellent - I am very impressed. She was my favorite in AI1, but I wasn't thrilled with her recent TV performances. Although, I may not have chosen "Raindrops Will Fall" for the first single, it sounds good on the CD. Having said that, I liked everything else on the CD better. Best of any female idol contestant's so far, IMO.
    Sing & dance the night away!

thanks oldschoolbabe for letting us know about the cd.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast