+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213

Thread: AI3 Summer Concert Tour

I attended the American Idol 3 show in Detroit last night. What a blast! Much better than I anticipated. I was so surprised that I've since gone on eBay and purchased 4 floor tickets for the Columbus Ohio show.

My daughters were fortunate enough to get autographs and PHOTOS (yes!!) with George and John. We tried to get back stage passes. Yes, we begged plenty, but to no avail. We did see Mrs. DeGarmo off to the side of the stage (Diana fell the night before in Grand Rapids and injured her ankle and was only able to sing two songs sitting down, missing all the group songs).

At the end of the show I asked Mrs. DeGarmo if she would mind posing for a picture with my sign ("I Believe In Diana DeGarmo"). She said that instead she'd just get Diana to sign it and off she went. We waited and waited while security tried to shoo us out. She finally comes back, returns my signed poster and I then inquire about Diana's condition. Mrs. DeGarmo was such a nice lady. She offered to get more signatures and then ran off with my daughters' posters (one for George and one for John). A few minutes later, to our surprise, both George and John walked out to hand deliver the posters. OMG...I was literally shaking. This was the moment my girls had been waiting for since March. I got snapshots of both George and John hugging my girls. What a great night.

Now, off to Columbus Ohio with 2nd and 3rd row tickets and a late night tour bus vigil (ha ha).

Quote Originally Posted by Crystal
    I attended the American Idol 3 show in Detroit last night. What a blast! Much better than I anticipated. I was so surprised that I've since gone on eBay and purchased 4 floor tickets for the Columbus Ohio show.

My daughters were fortunate enough to get autographs and PHOTOS (yes!!) with George and John. We tried to get back stage passes. Yes, we begged plenty, but to no avail. We did see Mrs. DeGarmo off to the side of the stage (Diana fell the night before in Grand Rapids and injured her ankle and was only able to sing two songs sitting down, missing all the group songs).

At the end of the show I asked Mrs. DeGarmo if she would mind posing for a picture with my sign ("I Believe In Diana DeGarmo"). She said that instead she'd just get Diana to sign it and off she went. We waited and waited while security tried to shoo us out. She finally comes back, returns my signed poster and I then inquire about Diana's condition. Mrs. DeGarmo was such a nice lady. She offered to get more signatures and then ran off with my daughters' posters (one for George and one for John). A few minutes later, to our surprise, both George and John walked out to hand deliver the posters. OMG...I was literally shaking. This was the moment my girls had been waiting for since March. I got snapshots of both George and John hugging my girls. What a great night.

Now, off to Columbus Ohio with 2nd and 3rd row tickets and a late night tour bus vigil (ha ha).
    That sounds so great Crystal! It seems like you really had a blast, and who could blame you. Hopfully you can get even more autographs in Ohio!

Oh, BobDob! I can't believe you didn't go! You are such an AI fan that you would've had a great time. I actually believe NOW that this group was the BEST Top 10 ever. I know lots of people will want to beat my head in for saying that, but whatever. Watching them live-- what a blast! If anyone is considering going but hasn't made up their mind? GO! It's way better than you think it's gonna be.

Plus, all the kids are cool. Approachable, amiable and enthusiastic.

Quote Originally Posted by kitschcakes
    If anyone is considering going but hasn't made up their mind? GO! It's way better than you think it's gonna be.

Plus, all the kids are cool. Approachable, amiable and enthusiastic.

I'm giddy just thinking about my second show tomorrow in Columbus. I think I'll enjoy this one much more since I know what's coming, like JPL doing "Hey Ya" and John Stevens being in a league of his own with his smooth-style delivery (yes, I've always been a John Stevens fan). I liked best the Crazy Little Thing Called Love duet with John and Fantasia. And George was a bundle of fun...couldn't stop beaming on stage and reacted so well to the audience's enthusiasm.

The only performer I didn't like was Tamyra Gray (and maybe Camile because she still has that pained look on her face when she sings). Maybe I am biased because I don't think Tamyra belongs on this tour. This tour should be devoted to the AI3 Idols and she takes up to much time, and to me, she's just boring.
    Last edited by Crystal; 07-30-2004 at 02:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Crystal

I'm giddy just thinking about my second show tomorrow in Columbus. I think I'll enjoy this one much more since I know what's coming, like JPL doing "Hey Ya" and John Stevens being in a league of his own with his smooth-style delivery (yes, I've always been a John Stevens fan). I liked best the Crazy Little Thing Called Love duet with John and Fantasia. And George was a bundle of fun...couldn't stop beaming on stage and reacted so well to the audience's enthusiasm.

The only performer I didn't like was Tamyra Gray (and maybe Camile because she still has that pained look on her face when she sings). Maybe I am biased because I don't think Tamyra belongs on this tour. This tour should be devoted to the AI3 Idols and she takes up to much time, and to me, she's just boring.
    I agree. The John/Fantasia duet was crazy-good. I really warmed up to Jasmine...still not a fan, but in SLC she hit most, if not ALL (*gasp*), of her notes. Amy was great. Fantasia rocked anytime she was on stage...

The Hey Ya number was the highlight of the night for me and I have a feeling that number gets better and better as they get more shows under their belts.

It was a fun time. I'm going to the show in Anaheim in September. It was such a blast, I'd pay to see it twice.

Went to the show at the Arrowhead Pond last night

Okay I better write this now or I will forget everything. My memory is suspect at the best of times and it is on overload trying to remember things right now.

So shoot me....I had a really fun time. I am sure I would have had a fun time with Drew but there is no way in hell I would have been dancing as much or being dorky as much around him.
    Dharma, Tizz, and Chilipie, if you haven't already, go check your messages as you have some strange a$$ people singing to you. Tony you were thisclose to getting a call during Hey Ya but I restrained myself.

I bought the tour programme and George and Jen's pics I took some pics of JPL, Megz the dude is a midget...he came running to the audience and got up on the highest piece of equipment at the back behind me and I still couldn't see much of him ---you can be thankful he ran up to the 2nd level of the Pond and I was able to get one of him there. Took a pic of Jasmine for Junk and a few Jen and George pics for me. Didn't go backstage.

I was a little worried when the concert began but by the time Camille was done the place was packed. The noise level was nothing like last years. I can still hear in both ears and there were very few signs so you could even see on the floor where I was.

The one thing that I did not like was they never put the idols on the big screen. Last year they had 3 screens and the idols were on the outside ones and the funky videos where on the other when they had them. This time nothing like that at all. One more thing whatever idiot it was that decided to make a damn commerical for something mixing Vanilla Ice's -- Ice Ice Baby and the FYC's -- She Drives Me Crazy should be shot.

I am just going to make my comments by person....asking me to remember songs is just going to be pointless but I am sure there is a song list out there somewhere.

Amy Adams - She has pipes. Her Knock on Wood was a great way to start the show. I wonder how pregnant she is as she was bouncing around that stage all night. She should have gone farther in the show and I am SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO glad that they used her for most of the female harmonzing and gave her way more solos than Camille. Not many people can hold their own with Jen and LaToya....but she sure did. Especially in Dangerously in Love (I think that was the name of the song).

Camille - I have very little to say about her. She is the only person that my opinion didn't change of in the least. She can't sing. Her fashion sense is . Here dancing is very interesting...and that is my nice way of putting it. Other than her song she didn't get many, if any, solos she sang for like 2 seconds until someone harmonized with her and for that I am VERY greatful.

JPL - Shake it like a polaroid picture He actually didn't sing that till close to end of the show. Superstious was great and he came in a Mighty Ducks shirt so he basically owned the crowd. First person that I voluntarily got out of my chair for. The boy is on serious crack. He ran the length of the Pond while singing and then ran up the stairs to the next level to introduce Jen. Later on he did Hey Ya....which was by far the most entertaining performance of the night. He was not the best vocally though. He also played the guitar very well for What's Going On. His duet with Amy was suprisingly good.

Jen - I really didn't know the solo song that she sang but I liked it a lot. I didn't want to risk her not singing Circle of Life Sea so that is why I called you. Her duet with George was jaw dropping. The things they did vocally with that song was just totally amazing and if you can find any illegal concerts like last year to download I would go have a listen. She sang a lot with Fantasia, LaToya and was backup for the boys on all the group numbers. Her solo on His Eye is on the Sparrow was just WOW.

John Stevens - The boy can't dance for sh** but he was actually probably the crowd pleaser of the night. His vocals on Come Fly With Me and the other solo song he sang were superb and he interacted well with the audience. His duet with Fantasia was probably the crowd favourite of the night, he got some undies during that song, as his vocals and dance moves were simply fantastic in that number - Crazy Little Thing Called Love. I was impressed with him.

George - Ain't Too Proud to Beg was maniac and George at his best. Nothing Compares to You with Jen - I was going to call someone but I lost the ability to dial the phone. What's Going On was superb. Luckily I got LOTS and LOTS of George cause all the girls were singing with him when they were doing to medleys, mini-duets and stuff like that. When he sang All My Life with Fantasia I got a little teary eyed. The going to church crowd up thing was George at his best with the Dip and all that stuff. George's dancing skills made JPL look wooden in comparison.

LaToya - Drew I was thisclose to calling you when she was singing but I wouldn't have been able to talk to you and know that you would "sense" it was LaToya and hang up the phone
    If she had shown one ounce of the personality that she showed tonight when she was on AI I might have actually liked her. Vocals were great but she was outsung by almost everyone with the exception of Camille, even Amy had better power notes than her. She was the only person that made the mistake of saying hello Los Angeles.... I would really go against doing that as people were literally yelling we are Anahiem not LA. She was the shocker personality wise during the second half of the show. I have no idea where all that personality came from.

Jasmine - She was on key tonight and for that I am so greatful. She didn't wow me but she was good. She wasn't featured as much in the group songs and harmonies as she simply lacks the power in her pipes. Her Alicia Keys song was excellent. She was really a background player.

Diana - or should I say Miss Piggy Tony? She was good but with so many people with good performance skills /personality/vocals I found her to be a little lacking. She sang quite a bit. The only one that really stood out as being good was How Will I Know? If I hear her say C'mon Y'all one more time I will scream. She was good but not great.

Fantasia - Seeing her sing one song was worth the cost of the ticket. I would have gone to see this concert just for her. Summertime was still good, and I have heard that song six times from her now. Signed, Sealed Delivered --- Tizz I am so sorry if you go deaf I kept the phone as far away from me as I could. EVERYTHING she sang was brilliant. She was by far the star of the show. Last year it was hard to tell who won but this year there was no doubt. I Believe was just brilliant. She sang lots and I still wanted her to sing more.
    Whenever you see darkness, there is extraordinary opportunity for the light to burn brighter.
    -Bono

Foster Your Inner Kacey BobDobolina's Avatar
    Thanks for the recap, J, though I have no idea who these people you keep adressing are. I'm glad to hear Amy did well. Originally, she was my third favorite. Sounds like you had fun!

don't worry....lol...no one here will know who they are either...

They are from a Kimberley Locke board and I couldn't be bothered to change my review
    Whenever you see darkness, there is extraordinary opportunity for the light to burn brighter.
    -Bono

I went to the show at The Pond last night. I wish I saw the same show you saw, JLuv.
    I thought last night's show brought the Big Suck. It seemed like everyone was on autopilot. I don't really blame them after 50 shows or however many they've done... but compared to Salt Lake City? Meh. It was just OK.

John Stevens... he's really matured-- he looks older and he has grown as a performer. He was delightful.

The girls can't dress themselves. They're all so cute but they have the worst outfits EVER. Seriously, it doesn't get much worse than J-Hu's ill-fitting tops and Diana's "D-I-A-N-A" pants and Camille's... Good God. Just Camille. Her whole "look" was insane.

Bad Wardrobe Choices/Funny Pic

That said, Fantasia-- worth the price of admission. Overwrought and over-the-top-- but so sincere you can't help but like her. She's amazing.

Diana was very good-- I like her much more now than I did when we saw her Motown Week, JLuv.

I don't know.

I still think Jennifer Hudson, Fantasia, George, JPL and John Stevens are the highlight of the concert experience. And truly, I'm sick of JPL in his AI "dancing monkey" box. Ack. He really is much better than what the AI audience has come to expect from him... and I can tell you this truly.

Jasmine hit some sour notes-- but she handled her Alicia Keys song pretty well.
    I can't remember what Latoya sang but I'm sure she was good. I probably took a nap during her song.

kitschcakes - you actually know one of the people I am talking to in the review. He was the guy you spoke to on the phone when I was trying to do that left turn.

Camille :phhht but I never liked her so that is not a shock.

La Toya --- well you know how much I liked her :rolleyes

Diana - still have the same feelings for that I did during the show.

I like the rest of them though.

Nothing will beat last years concert for me...but that is to be expected.
    -Bono

+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213