+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Whose Fanbase Will Break First?

I think JPL will stick around longer. His earlier performances were ok. I personally think Camile will go first cause she's been in the bottom 3 before so her fan base can't be that great. However if John blows his song this week, he'll be the next to go - I don't think America will give him a second chance.
    I rather lurk than post.

I liked Matt Rodgers - he had personality and was entertaining, unlike John. But he did stuff up his songs, more than once, so you're right when America didn't give him another chance.
    I do hope for John's sake he performs well this week.
    I rather lurk than post.

Most times, if someone does a bad performance, but were in the bottom 3 the previous week, then there fans will save them by voting harder, so they are not in the bottom 3 again. However usually if the next week, that contestant does even worst their fans wont vote as much since their fave was safe enough the previous week and so this leads to their faves elimination - ie (Kim C, Rickey, Julia, Trenyce and Josh)

but there is that fanbase that can keep their fave in long enough despite of this -
    ie: last year Carmen was in the bottom 2 Disco week (when nobody went home), then the following week her version of Call Me was bad, but her fans kept her safe. So I wouldve thought that because of this, the following week she would leave, but it was Kim C. Her fans were clever enough to know that she would still be in trouble up until she left so kept voting hard as if she had been in the bottom 3 each week.

Im only reffering to Carmen because I think that John S fans will be doing the same thing. You see although Camile gave a bad performance, I think that the reason she was safe was because she wasnt safe the previous week and her fans voted hard enough. John was safe after a horrid performance despite being safe the week before too. So I honestly believe that his fans are clever enough that he is in even more trouble this week than last, so he will be kept safe for a little while. I honestly see his fans keeping him safe until the top 6!

Sorry if this post is really long and complicated but it was all in my head and I just had to get it out! LOL!
    (wipes sweat off forehead) Phew!
    Mario Vazquez - Still My American Idol

Quote Originally Posted by danny
    Most times, if someone does a bad performance, but were in the bottom 3 the previous week, then there fans will save them by voting harder, so they are not in the bottom 3 again. However usually if the next week, that contestant does even worst their fans wont vote as much since their fave was safe enough the previous week and so this leads to their faves elimination - ie (Kim C, Rickey, Julia, Trenyce :nono :phhht and Josh)

but there is that fanbase that can keep their fave in long enough despite of this

Im only reffering to Carmen because I think that John S fans will be doing the same thing. You see although Camile gave a bad performance, I think that the reason she was safe was because she wasnt safe the previous week and her fans voted hard enough. John was safe after a horrid performance despite being safe the week before too. So I honestly believe that his fans are clever enough that he is in even more trouble this week than last, so he will be kept safe for a little while. I honestly see his fans keeping him safe until the top 6!

And I could include Camille Velasco, who must been left on first week, instead Leah...
    Serenity now, INSANITY LATER

Quote Originally Posted by fluff
    I don't really know or care which fanbase will break first, I just hope the other two come tumbling after in quick succession.

IMO, John, Jon and Camille are the three consistently poorest performers in the competition.

Quote Originally Posted by SERENITY_NOW!
    All of them! People who loved Clay and Justin Guar(who?), and now are voting for bananas JPL, will be in love with another cute guy with average talent. People (like me) who loved Tamyra and Trenyce's voices and personalities, and now are between LaToya's voice and Fantasia's charisma, will be voting for the next "diva"...
    The difference is that John Stevens, Camille Velasco, and Jennifer Hudson will be forgotten before everybody else, like Julia (who?) and Charles (who?).

PS: Tamyra, Trenyce, Fantasia, and George never will be forgotten, they will win Grammys!
    Well, Trenyce was my favorite from the start last year, and John Stevens has always been #1 for me this year, so I think that would kind of disprove your theory there. At least in my case. I do not only vote for the "cute boys."

eny
    FORT Fogey
    I have to laugh at this "fanbase" thing . How Britney Spears .
    ( Yeah she can whoop X-tina's butt - just name the place and anyone who doesn't agree can TaLk 2 ThE hAnD)

Sometimes I wonder who FOX is aiming this at.It's no wonder the finalists aren't taken seriously with the antics of the so-called fans. They hurt the credibility of the contestants more than help them.
    Vanilla ice cream anyone ?
    Last edited by eny; 04-05-2004 at 10:52 AM.

I think the first fan base to crack will be Camille's with Jennifer, John S. and Diana after that. I think JPL fans will keep calling for a while longer. George, Latoya, Jasmine, and Fantasia fans will keep them in the top 4.

I can't imagine Camille fans continuing to hold out hope. But then again, this is a show of suprises so let's see what happens.....

Quote Originally Posted by eny
    I have to laugh at this "fanbase" thing . How Britney Spears .
    ( Yeah she can whoop X-tina's butt - just name the place and anyone who doesn't agree can TaLk 2 ThE hAnD)

Sometimes I wonder who FOX is aiming this at.It's no wonder the finalists aren't taken seriously with the antics of the so-called fans. They hurt the credibility of the contestants more than help them.
    Vanilla ice cream anyone ?
    Liking someone, being a "fan" of someone, and supporting someone does not automatically make you a fangirly uneducated teenybopper as you seem to think.

JR.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scillarella
    Liking someone, being a "fan" of someone, and supporting someone does not automatically make you a fangirly uneducated teenybopper as you seem to think.
    Relax, you weren't singled out.

+ Reply to Thread