+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Whose Fanbase Will Break First?

FORT Newbie
    Man im worried about John. Im worried about him coming out of this okay and not messed up. Seriously, Randy and Paula dogging him just stings. I was weary that they went from Big Band to EJ night.

I do think John's fanbase would be the first to crack, because many think he is miserable and do not want that for him, especially if the judges themselves are making digs at him. Grow up Randy and Paula.

I, as a fan am unsure of what I want. I want for him to leave with his head held high, but I am not convinced that will happen. I feel like he is unraveling and 19E is helping to contribute to that. It's just painful, and I really hope he is hooked up with a good counselor after this.

Answer's in John 3:16 Apollonia's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by abrahammy
    Randy and Paula went on talk shows this week and expressly said that he needed to be voted out. They changed the next theme from Big Band to Elton John. He's really under attack now - far out of any reasonable proportion - and I don't think either he or his fanbase can handle it. Honestly, I've never seen such a vicious reaction to one bad performance, especially against anybody so fragile and young
    For anyone who says that it's the american public who votes for the performers is delusional. Randy and Paula go on a talk show and bad mouth John and the average fan will hear that, realise the error of their ways and not vote for him.

Johns fans, like on this board say that they don't want him to suffer any pain so they won't vote for him, or something to extent at least. You guys, the fans are buying into what TPTB want you to buy. You feel sorry for him, deservedly I guess cause I did hear them on Good Day Live bad mouthing him, but that dosn't mean you should give up on him, thinking that you're actually doing what's right for him because he looked miserable.

If he gives a bad performance, don't vote, he gives a good one, vote, but base it on the singing.

To answer the original question for this thread, its John's fan base that I see going first, they're crumbling already eventhough they think he's a good singer, seems backwards to me.

PS: I'm not counting Camilles fan base cause I don't see her having one, just rabid hawaii callers.
    Inscribe zany quip here

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by Apollonia
    For anyone who says that it's the american public who votes for the performers is delusional. Randy and Paula go on a talk show and bad mouth John and the average fan will hear that, realise the error of their ways and not vote for him.

Johns fans, like on this board say that they don't want him to suffer any pain so they won't vote for him, or something to extent at least. You guys, the fans are buying into what TPTB want you to buy. You feel sorry for him, deservedly I guess cause I did hear them on Good Day Live bad mouthing him, but that dosn't mean you should give up on him, thinking that you're actually doing what's right for him because he looked miserable.

If he gives a bad performance, don't vote, he gives a good one, vote, but base it on the singing.

To answer the original question for this thread, its John's fan base that I see going first, they're crumbling already eventhough they think he's a good singer, seems backwards to me.

PS: I'm not counting Camilles fan base cause I don't see her having one, just rabid hawaii callers.
    ITA. If John is good tuesday night he will get my vote indeed. I just worry about his welfare. He is only 16. If he were older this would be so much easier to swallow. If he has any idea that they were badmouthing him I cannot even begin to imagine how he is feeling at the moment. Paula angers me the most, because she tells him he is classy, a gentleman, improving every week and then bashes him behind his back. At least we always knew where Randy stood.

I think John and Camile's fanbases will both crack pretty soon. John because of everything already mentioned so no need for repeating. Camile because I think it was smaller than many people's to begin with. As long as she has to split the Hawaii vote with Jasmine, she'll be in some kind of trouble...and she HAS been in the bottom 3 and she continually puts out bad performances...so I really think she's hanging on by a thread right now. Of the contestants you mentioned, JPL's fans seem the most loyal to me. But I actually think George has the biggest fanbase right now. He is arguably the best (and most consistant) male singer in the competition, and add that to his infectious enthusiasm, and I think his fans are growing more and more by the week. I don't think he started off the competition with much of a fanbase, but he is pretty rapidly building one, IMO.

Come on people. John will be okay. I don't think he'll have to go through years of therapy from being on the show. He's probably 100 times more popular at his school now and I could see him getting a record deal. If it's too much for him to handle he can always quit.

FORT Fogey
    John obviously shouldnt win the competition but I guess im in the minority because I think his performances has been good. I enjoy his voice. It has a nice mellow tone to it but he does always sound the same. I dont get how his last performance was so much worse than the others beecause he always sounds the same. I saw no difference. Camille is the one that needs to go before anyone. She barely has any range and her tone of her voice is annoying. It just sounds nasal and will people please stop comparing her to lauryn hill and alicia keys? those women can SING their asses off. Thats a huge insult to put her in that category.

Norelle//TrueBeauty Shandilized's Avatar
    I think JPL's fanbase will break first... only because almost all his fans on other boards now are sick of him/don't vote for him, and a lot of his fans are also CANADIANS; cannot vote!!

Camile's won't fail her most likely because... well... she was in the bottom two... they don't want that AGAIN!

JS's won't quit b/c he sucks and they don't want him out (yet) but he will either go right before Camile/JPL or right after...

- tiny dancer by jpl isn't that good... quite amateur-ish... definetly not even NEAR the best of the top 32
    ::CYCLE4::
    [Tatiana][Rebecca][Naima][Kahlen][Christina]

I don't really know or care which fanbase will break first, I just hope the other two come tumbling after in quick succession.

IMO, John, Jon and Camille are the three consistently poorest performers in the competition.
    "That's Numberwang!"

Yep, Fluff that's who I have placed in my bottom three.
    " I look like Nigella Lawson with a $#*!ing hangover."

can i have your heart? unexplained's Avatar
    Well said fluff.

Honestly I don't care too which fanbase breaks up first.
    You select the person you want to be with, and then you let that person have the opportunity to select you. -Shayla

"The mind is its own place, and in it, self can make a Heav'n of Hell, a Hell of Heav'n." -John Milton, Paradise Lost.

+ Reply to Thread