+ Reply to Thread
Page 72 of 77 FirstFirst ... 2262636465666768697071727374757677 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Jennifer Hudson - FINALIST

FORT Fogey

Re: Jennifer Hudson - FINALIST

I got VERY teary-eyed watching her sing. I was not sure if it was simply that it was such an outstanding rendition of the anthem, which can usually tear me up, or if it was from the admiration for the courage that it had to take for her to get out there and do what she did. Probably a bit of both.

I loved the player's reactions to her singing the song. Many of them teared up as well and I don't know if it was the song or just feeling for her that set them off. Great performance!
    Yup, with donuts!!

Jolly's Journal rocks! davidbird's Avatar

I liked it too, but...you all do know she was lip-synching, right? Not to say she didn't do a good job....

Quote Originally Posted by davidbird;3306342;
    I liked it too, but...you all do know she was lip-synching, right? Not to say she didn't do a good job....
    They lip-sync the National Anthem every year at the Superbowl just in case of a technical or personal difficulty.
    "So, what is fame? It's lightening that strikes some people. It's lightening that some people seek." Jewel

FORT Fogey

I am getting a little annoyed at the big thing the media are making of "lip-synching". The 4 piece musical group at the Inauguration pre recorded because the delicate instruments would not have held their tone in the cold and that was reported.

These people....the musicians and Jennifer--- are not Milli-Vanilli

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by ibot2much;3307407;
    I am getting a little annoyed at the big thing the media are making of "lip-synching". The 4 piece musical group at the Inauguration pre recorded because the delicate instruments would not have held their tone in the cold and that was reported.

These people....the musicians and Jennifer--- are not Milli-Vanilli
    To some degree, I can understand lip-synching reports. There are performers out there who sing themselves unlike Milli Vanilli, but are such weak singers dependent on studio work to sound good that they lip sync to give the appearance of being better than they truly are. From that, you get something like Ashlee Simpson on SNL. But there are other times when lip syncing is done for technical reasons, and not to cover up the weakness of a singer, such as at the Super Bowl or Innauguration as you mentioned. In those cases, I can see reporting that it was lip synced, IF it were included in the report WHY it was lip synced.

jmb
    FORT Fogey Word Builder Champion jmb's Avatar

Congrats to Jen on her Grammy win!!
    Personally, with a Grammy AND an Oscar I think this makes her one of the best Idols ever - I would rank her up there with Carrie Underwood, Kelly Clarkson & Chris Daughtry.
    Way to go Jen!
    I look forward to seeing what you do next.

Urban Renewal - a new era BuckeyeAddict's Avatar

Maybe JHud has softened regarding AI?

Fan Fare » Blog Archive » Jennifer Hudson to return to “American Idol” | Blogs |

Jennifer Hudson to return to “American Idol”

Singer Jennifer Hudson will return to “American Idol” on Wednesday night to tape a performance for broadcast later, a source in her management office said.

Hudson first gained fame on “Idol” in 2004, when she finished a disappointing seventh in the competition. The 27-year-old singer went on to have a more illustrious career than some of the show’s champions, winning a supporting actress Oscar for her role in the 2006 movie “Dreamgirls” and this year winning a best R&B album Grammy for her self-titled 2008 release.

It’s ironic that Hudson is coming back to the Fox network show this year, because the ”Idol” judges recently changed the rules to allow them to override viewers’ elimination of just one contestant during the season. Alpha judge Simon Cowell has said the inspiration for the rule change came from the early elimination of Hudson and a couple other promising contestants.

The regular Tuesday night broadcast of “Idol” has been preempted by President Barack Obama’s televised news conference about the economy and his budget plan.

^Oh good. I love Jennifer.

I also LOVED Jennifer Hudson during her season on AI, and was very disappointed when she was eliminated early.

I'm glad time has proved me right about her amazing talent!

+ Reply to Thread