+ Reply to Thread
Page 71 of 77 FirstFirst ... 216162636465666768697071727374757677 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Jennifer Hudson - FINALIST

In my own little world where all things are Idol......

Re: Jennifer Hudson - FINALIST

Link Here

Jennifer Hudson is getting back to work less than two months after three of her family members were fatally shot in Chicago.

The Grammy-nominated singer is scheduled to begin filming a video for the single "If It Isn't Love" next week, her label J Records tells the Associated Press.

Hudson, 27, was supposed to start filming the clip in Los Angeles when her mother, Darnell Hudson Donerson, 57, brother, Jason Hudson, 27, and nephew Julian, 7, were killed in October.

William Balfour, Hudson's estranged brother-in-law who is married to Hudson's sister Julia, was charged with three counts of first-degree murder last week. His lawyer has said Balfour " did not commit these crimes."

Hudson hasn't made any public appearances since the tragedy, however she issued a statement last week after being nominated for four Grammys for her debut album.

"It's been a childhood dream of mine to release an album, so to receive four Grammy nominations is truly a blessing," she said. "I am extremely honored and humbled by the nominations."
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

It's good to hear that Jennifer is picking up the pieces and getting on with her life. I wish her peace.

In my own little world where all things are Idol......

Link Here

Jennifer Hudson will make her first public appearance since the killings of her mother, brother and nephew during sports' grandest event the Super Bowl.

NFL spokesman Brian McCarthy confirmed Wednesday that Hudson will sing the national anthem at the Super Bowl in Tampa, Fla., on Feb. 1. E! News first reported Tuesday that Hudson would perform.

Hudson hasn't made a public appearance since her 57-year-old mother, Darnell Hudson Donerson; 29-year-old brother Jason Hudson; and 7-year-old nephew Julian King were slain in Chicago in October. Her estranged brother-in-law has been charged in the killings.

Hudson, who had released her self-titled debut album shortly before the killings, is also scheduled to sing at the Grammys' MusiCares event in Los Angeles a few days later. She is nominated for four awards at the Feb. 8 Grammy Awards.

The 27-year-old Hudson already has an Oscar to her credit, a best supporting actress win for her role in "Dreamgirls." The former "American Idol" contestant's career was continuing its skyrocketing rise, with featured roles in movies like "Sex and the City" and "The Secret Life of Bees," as well as her album release, when the slayings occurred.

The Super Bowl is one of the most viewed spectacles on television. Bruce Springsteen is scheduled to sing during halftime of the pro football championship game.
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar

I've never cared much for Jennifer Hudson or her singing. However, her performance of The Star Spangled Banner at the Super Bowl was flawless. And, more importantly, it was stirring. Thank you for that Jennifer.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle David;3299472;
    I've never cared much for Jennifer Hudson or her singing. However, her performance of The Star Spangled Banner at the Super Bowl was flawless. And, more importantly, it was stirring. Thank you for that Jennifer.
    Finally. Someone who agrees with me. I think Jennifer is probably a fabulous person and there is no doubt that she sings fabulously. However, she just never did it for me.

But, neither does the Super Bowl so I am in the minority.

I will have to watch her on You Tube.

I missed Jennifer, but did see Springsteen. I heard Jennifer did a better job than he did. I've always loved Springsteen, but this was not his best effort.

Jennifer's National Anthem is already up on you tube. I thought she did an amazing job. I was very touched.
    Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.
    - Albert Einstein

FORT Regular

I was never really a fan, but I didnt watch that season of AI......but she brought the house down tonight with her version of the star spangled banner. I was totally blown away, even after my favorite singer of all time, martina mcbride, sang it last week at the afc championship game.

Go STEELERS!!!

She did an awesome job, and I'm glad to see she's getting back out there.

jmb
    FORT Fogey Word Builder Champion jmb's Avatar

I agree. Jennifer Hudson was AWESOME singing the national anthem at the SuperBowl. I have never heard it sung better. Go Jen!!

+ Reply to Thread