+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 77 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161757 ... LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Jennifer Hudson - FINALIST

I know a lot of people really loved her performance from the Wildcard show, but it did nothing for me. I guess I didn't like the style of the song, and the look on her face was killing me! I hope she does not get through, but I guarantee that one of the judges will choose her.

By the way, her wearing that pepto pink dress is akin to Jerry Seinfeld wearing the puffy shirt on The Tonight Show. Some favors just aren't worth it!
    fka kickstand

Can Ya Dig It?

If Jennifer could get rid of the theatrics when she sings, she'd come across much better. BUT the girl can SANG! No one can take that from her. Prayerfully, if she makes it to the Top 12 and gets some fashion advice, I think she'll do well. Vocally, she was DA BEST of the night, IMO.
    "Nothing ever comes to one, that is worth having, except as a result of hard work."--Booker T. Washington, 1901

She is such a great singer, but she is definately also very weird in her mannerisms. Sometimes I do not know what to think of her, enjoy it or run away horrified... At least she is memorable
    ps. This is just my opinion in the matter.

I think that Jennifer would do well in the show "Dreamgirls". I love her singing and her presentation, though I must admit to being somewhat of a lover the dramatic. She feels music, and her face is priceless. I think her schtick, though, will always be to make Simon cringe because she wears crap. She looked great in the leather in her clip, though...

I love her voice. But her fashion choice for last night was not the greatest!!
    I was rolling on the floor laughing when she was singing though because of the expressions that she makes with her face. I want her in the top 12 just to see those facial expressions again!

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by SeaMonkey
    I love her voice. But her fashion choice for last night was not the greatest!!
    I was rolling on the floor laughing when she was singing though because of the expressions that she makes with her face. I want her in the top 12 just to see those facial expressions again!

I love jen's choice of clothing, i hoep she makes it so each week we can watch just to see what she wears

This style of singing just bugs me. It's all over the place and at the weirdest times in a song. Her facial expressions are so over-the-top that she reminds me of a mime. Wait a minute...did they ever say she was *singing* on a cruise ship? Maybe she was a mime! I just couldn't take her performance seriously between her attire and facial gymnastics.
    Paintin' the Town Blue!

I find her a little OTT for me.

I think she has a good voice, but feel she needs to rein it in at times, she doesn't have to do everything she is vocally capable of in every song.
    "That's Numberwang!"

Quote Originally Posted by Joe_Madre
    She kind of looks like this character that Jaime Foxx used to play on In Living Color named Wanda. I just can't shake that image when I see her now....

Yes, I remember "Wanda", and now that you mention it, I kind of agree with you!

Nice voice, terrible fashion sense, and scary facial expressions!

+ Reply to Thread