+ Reply to Thread
Page 61 of 77 FirstFirst ... 11515253545556575859606162636465666768697071 ... LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Jennifer Hudson - FINALIST

FORT Regular
    I disagree, Jennifer has thanked AI ENOUGH and I'm tired of hearing her thanking them. In my opinion AI was a stepping stone it was not an end all be all to her career. AI didn't give her the role the casting people of Dreamgirls did and she almost did not get the part either.

Simon need to stop whining and blowing what she says out of proportion , I guess he wants her to thank AI everytime she wins something, I guess Justin and Christina should thank MMC every time they win something.

As for her comment about Simon hiding she was being sarcastic..i.e. not serious.

They are starting a film about Jackie Robinson and it will have Robert Redford in it she wants to be in the film not play Jackie Robinson.

Amethyst YetiSports7 - Snowboard FreeRide Champion Amy Lee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jexter;2267843;
    And Bill Condon would never have known she existed had it not been for AI. AI was not "just a step", it was "the" step. Sorry, hon.

I don't think they looked at her and thought, "Hey, she was on American Idol and lost, let's pick her." For that matter, they could've given it to Fantasia who actually did win. I don't believe they looked at JHud and gave her preference over the other non celebs who auditioned.
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

FORT Fogey
    She auditioned multiple times before being selected. I don't think AI had much to do with her current success.

Oscar winner Hudson inks Avon deal

I'm so happy for Jennifer! She really deserves all the wonderful opportunities that keep coming her way!

RTÉ.ie Entertainment: Oscar winner Hudson inks Avon deal

Oscar winner Hudson inks Avon deal

Jennifer Hudson, who won an Oscar for her big screen debut in 'Dreamgirls' last month, is to be a spokesperson for cosmetics giant Avon.

Hudson will be a spokesperson for Avon's Imari brand and new fragrance, Imari Seduction.

The former 'American Idol' contestant described her new role as "an honour" and "very flattering".

In a statement, Avon's Executive Vice President Liz Smith said: "We believe that our Avon representatives and their customers will be truly inspired by Jennifer's dream-come-true success story."

In my own little world where all things are Idol......
    Link Here

Hudson Hits Back at Cowell

Oscar-winner Jennifer Hudson has hit back at "American Idol" judge Simon Cowell, comparing her experience on the talent show to working at Burger King.

Hudson -- who was a contestant on the show in 2004 -- was rejected and tipped for failure by Cowell.

When she went onto Oscar success through her role in "Dreamgirls," Cowell accused Hudson of failing to appreciate the "big opportunity" her appearance on the show offered her.

But Best Supporting Actress Hudson snaps back, "If I'd been any better at my job when I was at Burger King in my middle teens I wouldn't be here either, so should I thank them, too?"

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
    Ohhh...Miss Sassy Britches! .........hilarious!!!
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by phoenix1964;2269251;
    She auditioned multiple times before being selected. I don't think AI had much to do with her current success.
    I was very happy when she won BUT.. no one would even CONSIDER to look at her for the movie part if it wouldn't not for the exposure she got on AI.

It does help a LOT to appear on TV in front of 30 mln.people to get NOTICED in the show business, I hope she and other AI contestans will never forger this.

FORT Newbie
    From T M Z . com:

Burger King to J-Hud: Free Burgers for Life!
    Mar 12th 2007

Hudson reacted to Simon Cowell's criticism of her for not thanking "American Idol" in her Oscar speech. She reportedly snapped back, "If I'd been any better at my job when I was at Burger King in my middle teens, I wouldn't be here either, so should I thank them, too?" Hudson worked at the BK on East 87th and State Street in Chicago. Burger King was her first job at age 16, where she worked with her sister, who claims she sang while working the drive-thru and flipping burgers.

In an exclusive statement to TMZ, Burger King responded to Hudson's beef, assuring her that no thanks is necessary, and awarded her with BK for life:

"...In response to Jennifer's recent comments in which she asked if she should be thanking Burger King, we say thanks, but no thanks are necessary. Burger King Corporation is proud of Jennifer's success and while we never like to lose employees, in this case, our loss is the entertainment industry's gain ... To further show our support for Jennifer, and make sure she never has to sing for her supper again, Burger King Corporation is giving her a pre-paid BK Crown Card that will be automatically reloaded for life."
    Not a bad deal.

She literally never has to worry about where her next meal is coming from, whether her career goes down the toilet and she loses all her money. (Not likely, but I'm just sayin.)

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by Justafan1;2277042;
    I was very happy when she won BUT.. no one would even CONSIDER to look at her for the movie part if it wouldn't not for the exposure she got on AI.

It does help a LOT to appear on TV in front of 30 mln.people to get NOTICED in the show business, I hope she and other AI contestans will never forger this.
    Over 800 girls auditioned for the part. How can you say that because of AI she wouldn't been seen. The part is about a big powerful black singer. How many are there in Hollywood. And if AI was such a door opener why did Jennifer say she auditioned multiple times, and there was a long period after her last auditioned that she didn't here back from them and she went to a church to pray and so after she got the call. God more than AI had something to do with her success.

In my own little world where all things are Idol......
    Uh oh...

TMZ

Jennifer Hudson's ego seems to be super-sizing itself along with her fame: She just tried to back out of a big awards show until music-biz legend Clive Davis told her, in effect, "And I'm telling you – you are going."

The Oscar-winning former "American Idol" contestant, according to Page Six, called the day before the Soul Train Awards show in Los Angeles and told them "she couldn't make it," says a source. But "Soul Train" impresario Don Cornelius wasn't having any of her swanny behavior and called Davis, who told Hudson, "Get your ass out to L.A." She obliged.

It's just the latest too-big-for-her-Manolo-Blahniks moment for Hudson, who recently told Simon Cowell and "Idol" that their show was "a stepping stone," which elicted a sharp reaction from Cowell. And she also dissed Burger King, where she worked as a teen, prompting them to offer her free Whoppers for life, as TMZ reported yesterday.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
    Page Six is the gossip rag on the same lines as Star and Enquirer, right? If so, nah...don't believe it!
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

FORT Fogey
    Page Six is gossip, but for the most part, it's reliable gossip. They go about their work more along the lines of getting scoop slid to them by publicists who believe that the only bad publicity is no publicity more than just making things up. Given the way that Jennifer's attitude appeared to evolve before our eyes during awards season, I tend to believe this is true.

+ Reply to Thread